READYXWICK

Discussion in 'Wick & Wire' started by Melvins, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Galaxyrider

Galaxyrider

Blog Posts:
    I did my first coil and wick in a Kayfun/Russian. The only wicking Ive ever seen used was cotton, except for silica in Egos (I wanted to leave that system SO bad.) I know wicking has a lot to do with flavor, so I need all the help I can get.
    If you would be so helpful, what is it, and where can I get it?
    Currently I'm using a lavatube, so I have that 1.4 ohm threshold to meet. Once I have a fully mech mod, that wont be an issue. Like I said.. Im new to this, and ANY help is quite welcome.
    Thanks in advance,
    Phoenix

2. Melvins

Melvins Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:

http://www.rbasupplies.com/

3. LucidiousRage

LucidiousRage The "X Wick" Man! Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator Founding Vendor VU Wholeseller VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host

Blog Posts:
    Here are a couple of videos that I've done for READYxWICK, would love to hear your feedback on them :)

Cessnapix, jeremy and Mommay like this.
  4. Ellipsis

Ellipsis Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    very informative videos bro...
    ordered 2mm & 3mm...
    the better half uses a rebuildable dripping atomizer...
    me, i like my nautilus and russian 91...
    looking forward to using your wick

5. jeremy

jeremy Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Oh man is that some amazing stuff.

Emilie likes this.
  6. Mommay

Mommay Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Great job on the videos, Jeremy. I had been having a bit of trouble getting my wicks threaded and this helped tremendously. Thanks.... and well done!

7. jeremy

jeremy Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for a new video! Pls continue to make more starting immediately. Love this product and love the knowledge you drop on it.

And frankly it's been awhile since i've seen such extreme closeups of manfingers which didn't make me want to vomit. Kudos to you sir! Clean and trim and absolutely non-gag-worthy.

Also, @12:57 = so sexy

8. LucidiousRage

LucidiousRage The "X Wick" Man! Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator Founding Vendor VU Wholeseller VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host

Blog Posts:
    Ya know what's even more funny about your statement, I literally gave my nails an extra trim right before I shot the video just EXACTLY for that reason! I HATE HATE HATE it when you watch a video of a close up of some fools nasty fingers/fingernails - I mean seriously, how much effort does it take to trim them up before you put them under a microscope! So ironically, I'm glad you noticed that I'm not gross! lol

fq06, Mommay and jeremy like this.
  9. Mommay

Blog Posts:
    That "quick trim" indicates professionalism - another reassuring trait of RBA Supplies. It's almost always the 'little things' that add up to make a good company a great one. Besides, who wants to think that they guy handling our wicking material is gross!! LOL

10. LucidiousRage

Blog Posts:
    Well said Mommay :)

11. gutter_vapin

gutter_vapin New Member

Blog Posts:
    Man I just received a foot of both the slim and 3 mm on Friday. Been playing with it all weekend. Gotta say I love it more than any wicking material I've used in the past couple years! I even set up my genny that I haven't used in over 6 months lol. I've been using mostly eckowool, which is pretty good stuff, and tried cotton a couple times but to me it just didn't taste right and flavor was muted imo. Never got the hype. ReadyXwick works great and I don't expect to look further. Thanks RBA supplies!

12. Mommay

Blog Posts:
    Yeppers @gutter_vapin , I've had Protank coils sitting around forever waiting to be recoiled & wicked. I don't use them much anymore, but my son is vaping, so I redid them all with RxW for him - he doesn't "get it" yet, that you should really clean the wicks & coils before they completely die.... yuk (I kept a few back & used one last night) - fantastic! I'll get all of his dead ones back sooner or later & the RxW will make easy work of that nasty job!

gutter_vapin likes this.
  13. moecat

moecat Platinum Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Today I received my order from RBAsupplies.com and couldn't be happier. Wonderful learning videos on that site: I used the 7/64 drill bit technique to set up my 2nd coil ever with the 3mm wick and was able to do so on the first try! :D Right now I'm using a Smoktech RSBT, but will also be receiving a 26650 Kayfun clone monster which looks to be even easier to build on.

I've never tried Ekowool, but from my very limited experience - I built my first coil using the material provided in the Smoktech package - I can safely say that silica is pure bush league compared to ReadyXWick. The ease of the build, efficiency in both material usage (I most likely won't need to do any looping of the wick) and juice consumption (I went through half a tank of juice using silica vs a quarter tank using ReadyXWick in the same amount of time), and juice's flavor really puts this product head and toes above the rest.

Now it will be interesting to see whether the 2 feet of wick will outlast the 25 ft of Kanthal! :D

gutter_vapin likes this.
  14. rjmara

rjmara Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    what are the three rods laying next to your mod? are they for wrapping coils?

15. LucidiousRage

Blog Posts:
    TrickOrTreat.png

All Hallows' Eve FLASH SALE!!!
    25% OFF Until Midnight!!!
    Coupon Code: "TRICKorTREAT"

http://RBASupplies.com

READYxWICK, Drip Tips, Mod Charms, Accessories, Stickers, Wire​

16. Melvins

Melvins Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yes, they are some of the Mandrels from my Qvapes coiling jig.

17. 90quattrocoupe

90quattrocoupe New Member

Blog Posts:

Are you talking about 5 microns in length or 5 microns in diameter?

What substances are used in the makeup of the ceramic in your Ready XWick?

18. 90quattrocoupe

90quattrocoupe New Member

Blog Posts:
    No answer to my questions?

19. aussie

aussie Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    ReadyXwick is the shizzle!!!!!!!!

20. ChibiChula

ChibiChula New Member

Blog Posts:
    I absolutely LOVE this stuff, especially in my squonk box rda's! It's awesome, seriously. Just some simple 3mm coils on my Coil Master v3, set them up vertically in my Velocity clone (with bottom feed pin) on my Cherry Bomber bottom feeder clone and I've run through 5, 30ml bottles of juice and the wicks still look new while my coils will probably need to be replaced soon, lol. Worth every penny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    shemmy likes this.
  21. twcobra

twcobra New Member

Blog Posts:
    So far so good. I just received my 1ft 3mm ReadyXwick today. I built my Mutank with 3mm coils. Fed thru the ReadyXwick, I left a 1/2" out of the juice channels with the chimney base on. I tucked in as much as I could and trimmed the rest due to the huge juice channels. I was a bit concerned that I may restrict the juice flow. But to my surprise it is wicking beautifully. no leaking or dry hits so far. I will give it a couple days. If I do not have any major issues I will pull it apart and post a few pics.

Update:
    I did get some leaking when I filled. This tank is a bit prone to that. It did seam a bit worse due to the extremely good wicking property of ReadyXwick. I may pull the excess out of the juice channels and pack some cotton around the ReadyXwick. Then trim and see if that helps.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  22. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Glad to hear about all the RxW successes, but unfortunately I didn't enjoy it at all. I got the same "burnt rubber" taste from it that I got from ekowool.

Is it possibly something I'm doing wrong? All I did was wrap a coil around it, and vape. I didn't "prep" it in any way. Any pointers are appreciated.

23. twcobra

twcobra New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am using titanium micro coils with the RxW fed thru. I am on temp control so I was not hitting the wick real hard when I was priming.
    I read earlier that you do not want to kink the RxW or it will restrict the juice flow. Maybe make sure your wick is wrapped in nice and smooth if you are using a dripper. And try cutting the wattage down a bit until the wick is primed real well.

KY_Rob likes this.
  24. Artdragon

Artdragon Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I was just looking for some reviews on the best cotton to use because I'm almost out and have to order more. And I think this post (the 1st one I came across) completes my search. I love the fact that yours will last a really long time as I HATE vaping on old cotton. It tastes like shit. (Well, not really, because I have no idea what shit tastes like and I don't plan to find out, lol) But you get the picture ^_^ I also hate using so much cotton.

Anywho, I plan on buying some from you as soon as I finish this post. In reading, how do you clean it? I saw that someone posted a video. Will that show me the steps to clean it when I need to "rewick"

25. LucidiousRage

Blog Posts:
    What I do when I need to clean it is just slide the wick almost out of the coil, but leaving enough to grab on the short side to pull back into the coil, then I torch clean the long side. Then I reverse it and pull it to the other side leaving enough on the short side to recenter the wick when done and torch clean the other long side, then recenter it, tuck it back into your deck and whalah, fresh clean wick :)

26. LucidiousRage

Blog Posts:
    I'm sorry for the crazy late response to this, I didn't notice it before. But I'm replying now so that if anyone else has this same issue, they will be able to get an understanding of what may be going on. If you are getting that taste it could be for 1 of a few reasons:

1) Your wick may be bent at too harsh of an angle so it isn't pulling fluid through the channels as it should.

2) You may still be in the break in period. Some peoples taste pallet is very sensitive and it takes 10-15 ml of vaping to get through the initial off taste. But once you get through it, you will have months of pure clean amazing flavor. Boiling the wick can help speed up this process. What you are tasting in this example is the dry material that is the result of the extensive heat cleaning process.

27. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    i can confirm readyxwick is a very decent wicking material i have used it before. i do pre boil in hot water. aka turn the pot of water off and let the rapid boil calm down. soak it for at least 5 mins, pat dry and install it in my coil. careful not to tuck or bend and only use just enough to touch the deck and no hard curves if i have to i run it to the other side of the post to that deck. if that makes since.

28. OneBadWolf

OneBadWolf VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of lucidious outrage, $30.00 CAD for a foot of wick? That's just with exchange and shipping. PayPal's cut, and tax not worth calculating.

I'd be willing to risk mesothelioma for a guaranteed "vape of the Gods" but not at that price. I think I'll be sticking to cotton.

29. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    for whatever reason I don't find these wicks deliver as good a flavor as porous ceramic wicks like the fc-2000, or to be honest even as good as ss mesh.but they beat cotton for flavor...I just got a little Wasp nano I think I'll throw some in.... I have some 3mm laying around somewhere.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017