Become a Patron!

Really peppery tastes to my vape juice. Bad source, or too much PG?

DjSharperimage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright,
I had a 250ml bottle of 75% PG and 25% VG
I added 6ml of PG flavor from flavor art,
I thought it wasn't hitting hard enough, so I added 6 more milliliters of PG,
I think the throat hit is perfect,
but now it is tasting really peppery, like vaping really strong peppermint, and it also hurts the roof of my mouth,
like I was chewing really hard, and dry crackers.

Did I get some bad PG?
Here is the source.
ebay.com/itm/Tex-Lab-Supply-8-FL-OZ-Propylene-Glycol-PG-USP-Kosher-Food-Grade-/251623157250?hash=item3a95e8ae02:g:LH0AAOSw7NNT4ApX

Or did I just add too much PG?
Can I fix it by adding VG?

DjSharperimage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put the vape juice in the blender for like 5 or 10 minutes, and pulled like 2ml's out of it as soon as I took it off the blender,
Could the nicotine have separated from the vg, and pg during the process?

Sir2fyablyNutz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard it is recommended to shake the bottle of Nicotine before using any as the Nicotine can separate from it's PG or VG base, from sitting. Nicotine is the culprit in my opinion. I've heard where people have bought nicotine and it's been improperly labeled as well, getting a higher nic level than what they thought it was. The blending could only help the nicotine, but prior to adding nic to the juice was it shaken?

DjSharperimage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The roof of my mouth also feels really sore....
I'm afraid it might be poison,,,,

DjSharperimage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've heard it is recommended to shake the bottle of Nicotine before using any as the Nicotine can separate from it's PG or VG base, from sitting. Nicotine is the culprit in my opinion. I've heard where people have bought nicotine and it's been improperly labeled as well, getting a higher nic level than what they thought it was. The blending could only help the nicotine, but prior to adding nic to the juice was it shaken?

Yeah, I shook it for about 2 weeks,
It was fine before,
I vaped it for about 3 or 4 days
http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nico...liquid-nicotine-eliquid-vapes-unflavored.html

But when I added the PG from ebay, I immediately started getting the peppery taste, and the roof of my mouth is sore....

DjSharperimage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's the strength of the Nic? You've never told us that. Too high Nic, also equals peppery taste.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put the vape juice in the blender for like 5 or 10 minutes, and pulled like 2ml's out of it as soon as I took it off the blender,
Could the nicotine have separated from the vg, and pg during the process?
you accelerated the oxidation of the nicotine when you put it in the blender it forced more oxygen into the juice and the pepery flavor is the oxidation of the nicotine...

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have never herd of anyone using a blender but it is like pulsevape said you over oxidized it the nic by using a blender plus 24 is very high nic.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm vaping Halo's Fusion- nic base 36 mg/ml, and it isn't peppery, just a bit sweet. I think cheap nic is your issue...

DjSharperimage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think this PG might actually be anti-freeze instead of USP grade....
I would take 3 hits, and it would start hurting the roof of my mouth.
I am throwing this shit out....

DjSharperimage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you accelerated the oxidation of the nicotine when you put it in the blender it forced more oxygen into the juice and the pepery flavor is the oxidation of the nicotine...

I have never herd of anyone using a blender but it is like pulsevape said you over oxidized it the nic by using a blender plus 24 is very high nic.

I think you're right.
Maybe I did oxidize the nicotine by using the blender.
It's been 2 days, and the peppery taste went away, and it doesn't hurt my mouth anymore.
I guess the nicotine just needed some time to settle/mix.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MFS is known to be a little peppery. I've used it and had the same results, plus you're using 24mg which is high. I don't use it anymore since trying Vapers Tek.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep seeing this said about MFS. Yet I've had zero issues with the Nic I purchased. I guess it's another one of those taste bud things
I use MFS mic and it all depends on your flavors. Fruit flavors tend to get this peppery flavor more, while bakery and custard flavors tend to mask it in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep seeing this said about MFS. Yet I've had zero issues with the Nic I purchased. I guess it's another one of those taste bud things

I guess it could be. I gave my MFS to my brother and he had no issues with it. He liked the peppery throat hit, but he did agree after tasting some of the recipes that I mixed with Vapers Tek that the juice was more flavorful.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use MFS mic and it all depends on your flavors. Fruit flavors tend to get this peppery flavor more, while bakery and custard flavors tend to mask it in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a guy sample an Apricot mix this week. He used one word to describe it, smooth.

I've used MFS in 15mg mixes, and never noticed a peppery taste. But, we all have our preferences.

I'm just the odd man out all around. Kanger and MFS fan. :D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could be the nic, but it could also be the PG. Bad PG is nasty - did you try tasting a little straight from the bottle?

VU Sponsors