Become a Patron!

Recipes: familiar treats vs. uncharted curiosities

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No I get the addiction part, and I know it doesn't go away but I'm saying If someone is pregnant and they need to vape, I would rather see then with a little constraint about it. When I lived in Vegas I saw too many stupid ass girls six months pregnant getting drunk at clubs, at EDC, generally doing things that made me pity that unborn child.

Not saying vaping is anything like that, but whether there are side effects for the child or not, they most likely aren't good.

I'd agree, you do have to change your whole life when you're about to bring a new one into it -- I got rid of alcohol, caffeine, a good bit of sugar, and about 90%-95% of my smoking; we stopped hanging out in bars and bought a TV and VCR, and got used to the "life at home" mode, understanding that this was going to be our life from then on, because of having a child in it. It just irks me when people seem to have this idea that just because a woman is pregnant, a) her desire for smoking will just miraculously cease, and b) that her body now BELONGS to that impending child -- it doesn't, but yes, a woman does have to be responsible for the fact that new life is growing, it's not just her own anymore that may be at risk; she has to do whatever she can to take care of it -- and quitting smoking entirely may not be one of those things that CAN be done. Women who fit that circumstance would be very wise to switch to vaping -- with nicotine or without -- that would depend on the degree of suffering she may have to endure to abstain from it completely. It's probably no more healthful for the fetus than caffeine, due to vasoconstriction, but it's a damn sight more healthful than all the absolute poisons in cigarette smoke.

Andria

VU Sponsors