Become a Patron!

Recommend a NON sub ohm tank

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking for a regular ohm tank. It seems like they are being discontinued. I have a bunch of sub ohm tanks but i like regualr coils when im at work or out of the house. I have 3 nautilus tanks that I love but time to try something different. I've been looking around and doesn't seem like they make to many any more.

Thanks!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Do you build coils at all?

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello l hear you!
For a true mtl tank then the Kayfun 5 (with mouth to lung kit) is good. Some good clones out there by SXK (don't need kit for this) and SJMY (not sure). These are buildable decks.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I greatly dislike sub ohm myself but have moved on to building.

The Uwell Crown is supposed to be an excellent tank, but I've never used one myself. I know they have coils that go to at least 1.2 ohms.

The Kabuki (takes nautilus coils) is an amazing little tank. They are out of production but it you don't mind waiting, FT sells an excellent 1/1 clone.

I have an authentic (cost: $89) and bought the clone ($10) and they are identically machined and function exactly the same. They are pretty amazing for a tank that takes nautilus coils. Amazing really.

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello l hear you!
For a true mtl tank then the Kayfun 5 (with mouth to lung kit) is good. Some good clones out there by SXK (don't need kit for this) and SJMY (not sure). These are buildable decks.

I'll have a look into these. One big problem I see is finding a source for coils. I've noticed the nautilus coils are becoming harder to come by. One of my B&M stopped carring them completely! Makes me think aspire may have discontinued the line.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'll have a look into these. One big problem I see is finding a source for coils. I've noticed the nautilus coils are becoming harder to come by. One of my B&M stopped carring them completely! Makes me think aspire may have discontinued the line.

That is harsh. You know, if you are sure building isn't for you, you might want to look into buying prebuilt coils you can put into a rebuildable deck.

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I greatly dislike sub ohm myself but have moved on to building.

The Uwell Crown is supposed to be an excellent tank, but I've never used one myself. I know they have coils that go to at least 1.2 ohms.

The Kabuki (takes nautilus coils) is an amazing little tank. They are out of production but it you don't mind waiting, FT sells an excellent 1/1 clone.

I have an authentic (cost: $89) and bought the clone ($10) and they are identically machined and function exactly the same. They are pretty amazing for a tank that takes nautilus coils. Amazing really.

I'll look into the uwell. Trying to get away from the nautilus coil setup. Thank you very much!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good luck in your search.

A lot of vapers are discouraged by the lack of tanks on the market for lower wattage vapers like us.

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is harsh. You know, if you are sure building isn't for you, you might want to look into buying prebuilt coils you can put into a rebuildable deck.
Humm I actually like thay idea. Would be cheaper than built coils.
Reason why I also don't like sub is because I run through wayyyy to much juice. So to be at work and having to constantly refill a sub wouldn't be practical

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Humm I actually like thay idea. Would be cheaper than built coils.
Reason why I also don't like sub is because I run through wayyyy to much juice. So to be at work and having to constantly refill a sub wouldn't be practical

Hey, the Crown has a RTA head you can buy as an accessory. You could use factory coils while you learn the art of wicking with some of the prebuilt coils.

Like I said earlier, I don't own a Crown but a few vapers whose opinions I have learned to trust really like them.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just remembered two more mtl tanks.
Aspire Nautilus X and the Kanger protank 4. No building needed.

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just remembered two more mtl tanks.
Aspire Nautilus X and the Kanger protank 4. No building needed.
Looked into the nautilus x. Looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. 1.5 & 1.8 ohm coil choice and a small 2ml tank. I ordered one in black and a tesla stealth for a compact everyday runner!

Thanks everyone!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
New Herakles Pro 1.8 coil, compatible with all Sense tanks that use Herakles Plus coils. Seeing this in recent ads, high wattage mtl coil, 20-50 range. Much higher than for the 1.8 Triton. Maybe a hybrid between mtl and dl? Would be nice to be able to do mtl without it feeling like a frozen milkshake.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
New Herakles Pro 1.8 coil, compatible with all Sense tanks that use Herakles Plus coils. Seeing this in recent ads, high wattage mtl coil, 20-50 range. Much higher than for the 1.8 Triton. Maybe a hybrid between mtl and dl? Would be nice to be able to do mtl without it feeling like a frozen milkshake.
This must be hot off the press. I cannot find it on Youtube or in the UK.

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I got the goods at my doorstep today. 2 things that disappointed me.

1. The nautilus x is to small for this mod. When I looked at the dimensions on the tank and how tall it had to be I thought it came about to the right size. I cant get a longer drip tip because of the design.

2. The stealth has NO led screen. I guess I should have looked into it a bit more. The way it works is the stealth senses what coil you have and adjusts the watts according. While not a big deal I do like to have control over this. I tried my tfv4 mini in it and it vapes ok, I would put it at a few more watts personally.

I'll look for a new mod for the nautilus x because I got a second tank on the way.

uploadfromtaptalk1469293151477.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469293159933.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469293168147.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RoadHouse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Found a solution, I found out aspire makes a 4ml extension for the nautilus x. That should get me close, we shall see!

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This must be hot off the press. I cannot find it on Youtube or in the UK.

Suck My Mod has a YT review for the Herakles Pro, including the 1.8 coil. Several ppl did post that running 50w with a 1.8 coil would entail a very high voltage draw, something I did not think of. Vapordna is advertising these, and it also looks like there will be 1.2 and 0.6 coils for these tanks, including ceramic--- but cotton on the inside, and ceramic casing further out from the center.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Suck My Mod has a YT review for the Herakles Pro, including the 1.8 coil. Several ppl did post that running 50w with a 1.8 coil would entail a very high voltage draw, something I did not think of. Vapordna is advertising these, and it also looks like there will be 1.2 and 0.6 coils for these tanks, including ceramic--- but cotton on the inside, and ceramic casing further out from the center.
lol, about a couple of hours after posting this l got notification from SMM regarding this product, typical!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors