Become a Patron!

Recommend me a good regulated dual battery squonk mod

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
So my first squonker is a Therion BF DNA75c, and I love how sleek and compact the design is! My main problem with this right now is that because it's single cell, the batteries drains so damn quickly! Using a VT5A, I kill the battery in like 2-2.5 hours (I tend to chain vape). Therefore I wanna look for something that will last me a bit longer.

Preferably something not super expensive and not super bulky, but I'll consider all options. So far I've had my eyes on a Geekvape Gbox 200w

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it need to be regulated? The driptech ds is a great parallel mod. It is a little big in the hand if you have little hands.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it need to be regulated? The driptech ds is a great parallel mod. It is a little big in the hand if you have little hands.

Sometime day my name?

Sent from my a very cloudy room

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

He has actually received the black Rages and shipped out the preorders from his site. Some lucky people already have them in hand. The other colors should have arrived yesterday while the SS versions were delayed for another week.

So they should be shipping very soon to everyone that preordered them. I'll post pics and thoughts on mine when it arrives if the OP would like.

Vaporrange still has preorder spots open for it.

According to the people who have already received theirs, it's a nice mod. The board appears to be good and no leaking...yet lol

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm kinda bummed that it doesn't come with a second bottle. That's my fault for not closely reading the description though. If they do some up with a new bottle design, I hope it fits the current design.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why did he have to put his silly nickname across the top? Ugh.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why did he have to put his silly nickname across the top? Ugh.

It was on the battery door of the prototypes. I think Grimm Green told him it was stupid and to move it (probably to the bottom).

I assume he moved it to the top of the mod to remind himself who he is. He gets confused and forgets sometimes...

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no thanks, that is the worst bottle system I have ever seen

I don't think it's that bad. It's better than a lot of squonk mods whose bottle is removed through the bottom. The clip prevent you from having to squeeze the bottle when removing it, which could cause a lot of juice to be pushed through the 510. Also the tube stays in the bottle and doesn't directly connect to the bottom of the 510, so the tube won't stick to the pin when removing the bottle. I've already had both those issue with my Luna since getting it last week. I don't see any huge issues with the system, or am I missing something?

A refill bottle makes life a lot easier anyway. Those are apparently the way to go, got one coming in my current FT order.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Proprietary Nonsense.

Squishy Silicone with a cap and a length of silicone fuel-line.. It works, it's simple, it's hated because of that ;-)

Only thing I'd like is 10-12ml bottles, since the Hugo 10ml bottles fit great in the Gbox ;->

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it's that bad. It's better than a lot of squonk mods whose bottle is removed through the bottom. The clip prevent you from having to squeeze the bottle when removing it, which could cause a lot of juice to be pushed through the 510. Also the tube stays in the bottle and doesn't directly connect to the bottom of the 510, so the tube won't stick to the pin when removing the bottle. I've already had both those issue with my Luna since getting it last week. I don't see any huge issues with the system, or am I missing something?

A refill bottle makes life a lot easier anyway. Those are apparently the way to go, got one coming in my current FT order.
sure, it could be worse but if it does leak (possible even with a refill bottle I would think if that seal system fails) it sure wouldn't be fun trying to clean that bottle hole out. And if the leaking gets to the chip, and it isn't waterproof like the HM chip, your board could fry. I would personally rather see a removable door instead of a tube like the Capo squonks, etc.

disclaimer: I have no interest in this (or the VV pulse) as I have no idea how the board will work in TC mode. At this point I am waiting on reviews of the rage and pulse by DJLSB, Phil or Vic... or wishing for a dual battery squonk with the HM chip to hit the market.

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Thanks guys, I'll probably just end up getting the Gbox.

I really like the Therion, but man, the battery life is HORRIBLE. Or maybe it's me doing something wrong? I'm currently using a dual coil build at around 0.17 ohms, Sony VT5a set at about 55-60 watts. Maybe I should try a single coil build instead?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I really like the Therion, but man, the battery life is HORRIBLE. Or maybe it's me doing something wrong? I'm currently using a dual coil build at around 0.17 ohms, Sony VT5a set at about 55-60 watts. Maybe I should try a single coil build instead?
Single coil will conserve some battery life.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Single coil, up the ohms and lower the wattage.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just been told that other distributors (who had preorders for the Rage open before OhmboyOC's site) won't be getting their mods until the end of the month. But orders off OhmBoyOC's site are being filled now, and he is adding stock to his site on Friday to be sold to people who don't even have preorders.

That's shitty.

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would buy the Ijoy Capo 216w squonker before I bought the Gbox. I have both and the Ijoy is twice the mod the Gbox is. Of course this is just my opinion.

VU Sponsors