https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thing is I hate to cook and I'm having a blast with this thing. You do need to follow some guidelines at least at first, but if you want to keep it super easy you can.
Frozen fries, onion rings, chicken nuggets, fish filets, chicken strips, pizza pockets, all come out way way better than they do in an oven. Those donuts were canned biscuits, patted down to donut size with the hole cut out, a little cinnamon sugar with nutmeg and ginger sprinked on top then spritzed with a little coconut oil. 6 minutes or so in the air fryer and they were donuts, just dip in some glaze and viola.

I need one

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning fam, good thoughts going out to all in need, and even those not in need :)
I'm going down to pick up my mom from outpatient surgery where her stomach is being examined by tube down through her throat etc. Her tummy has given her problems forever. When 19, she was diagnosed with arthritis and given an anti inflammatory called Bute, which is now only for horses. It ate her tummy badly, some had to be removed.

I hope all went well and they are able to find some solutions for her, Mer.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
fc7e17e7aae13989afcfa18a60f9a0a6.jpg

36238a9b1fca69d606f4db30ee649bcb.jpg

9b69d4bc703a967eae7823638cf660af.jpg

c459e7b296aed717f46f1527396ce5e4.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All the dinners look delicious, Doggie!

Good morning, everyone!

Hopefully this is my last day up at the school........I've gotten a lot accomplished the last 2 days and my muscles are telling me so. Much more to do, but I'm feeling a bit better about it. Have a good one!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning fam, good thoughts going out to all in need, and even those not in need :)
I'm going down to pick up my mom from outpatient surgery where her stomach is being examined by tube down through her throat etc. Her tummy has given her problems forever. When 19, she was diagnosed with arthritis and given an anti inflammatory called Bute, which is now only for horses. It ate her tummy badly, some had to be removed.
Sorry, I can't like this one but I can good thoughts and prayers for good news and full recovery!!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Afternoon Knucklebutts,
So sorry to hear about all the health issues going on. All my love and thoughts for strength and healing going out to you guys. :blowkiss:

I'd love one of those donuts. You guys have me considering one of those air fryers...but I supposed I'd have to use recipes and make an effort even if I got one, so my food would probably still suck since I'm just too lazy. If you can find me a gadget that does the cooking for me, let me know.
I may be wrong, but I think this is pretty easy to use and turn out tasty treats! I'll let you know once I have mine and can experiment.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAOROFL thanks Glow :)
Mom's stomach issue is basically just super irritation of the lining...it all relates back to the use of the anti inflammatory...at some point she had to have about a third of her stomach removed...so doc prescribed a pill that should help coat the lining. (Mom was sure it was gonna be cancer, but that's the way she is). Thanks for the good thoughts, knucks :)

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAOROFL thanks Glow :)
Mom's stomach issue is basically just super irritation of the lining...it all relates back to the use of the anti inflammatory...at some point she had to have about a third of her stomach removed...so doc prescribed a pill that should help coat the lining. (Mom was sure it was gonna be cancer, but that's the way she is). Thanks for the good thoughts, knucks :)
I am so relieved to hear this! Thanks for the update. We have too many parents getting sick lately.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hospital had to ring sister twice yesterday to calm mum down... she is mighty cranky, and letting everyone know about it

assessment for rehab next week

they are at least putting her into a chair once a day now

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
hospital had to ring sister twice yesterday to calm mum down... she is mighty cranky, and letting everyone know about it

assessment for rehab next week

they are at least putting her into a chair once a day now
overall it sounds like progress - that's good!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just looking on the map. Are you allowed to bike in the reserve or are they just walking trails? Noticed some say track and some say trail.

that's pretty heavy duty track, far cry from concrete or asphalt

don't think i am anywhere near ready for gravel track trekking

i made it to the end of the road today, legs really hurt. Luckily coming home was down the slight slope, so just glided

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's pretty heavy duty track, far cry from concrete or asphalt

don't think i am anywhere near ready for gravel track trekking

i made it to the end of the road today, legs really hurt. Luckily coming home was down the slight slope, so just glided
Every time I ride my legs start burning early on. That subsides after a bit and it's all good. Really! Not lying!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The farm down the road got about a dozen miniature donkeys in this week. They bray all through the night, and those little guys are loud.
They don't like my dog either.
They're pretty cute though.

Hi Knucklebutts. :wave:
Pretty quiet these days. Sorry for my part in that. <3
I love donkeys, burros, mules and goats. I have an acre but can't get Stan to agree to a few "pets". We had one next door and she was pretty loud as well. My dog thinks she is a horse and is forever jumping the back fence to go visit the neighboring horses. Being a dog, she comes home having rolled in some of their leavings. Can you say "bath time"? LOL

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning.

Stabby... Just stabby...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
had to google that

Nutrition[edit]
The egg wash and deep frying preparation process of the dish means it is high in calories; a single blooming onion with dressing contains approximately 1954 calories and 134 grams of fat.[4] A study by the Center for Science in the Public Interest found a somewhat lower fat content of 116 grams, including a combined 44 grams of saturated and trans fat.[5] When it existed, the similarly styled Awesome Blossom at Chili's was ranked "Worst Appetizer in America" by Men's Health magazine in 2008 for the unusually high totals ofcalories and fat, with 2,710 calories, 203 grams (1,827 calories) of fat, 194 grams of carbohydrates, and 6,360 milligrams of sodium, with as much fat as 67 strips of bacon.[6]There is a healthier variety, which contains 522 calories and 16g of fat.[7] For reference, the US Reference Daily Intake for fat is 65g and for sodium is 2300 mg, assuming a 2000 calorie diet, while typical daily food energy recommendations lie in the range of 2000-3000 calories.

lol

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
had to google that

Nutrition[edit]
The egg wash and deep frying preparation process of the dish means it is high in calories; a single blooming onion with dressing contains approximately 1954 calories and 134 grams of fat.[4] A study by the Center for Science in the Public Interest found a somewhat lower fat content of 116 grams, including a combined 44 grams of saturated and trans fat.[5] When it existed, the similarly styled Awesome Blossom at Chili's was ranked "Worst Appetizer in America" by Men's Health magazine in 2008 for the unusually high totals ofcalories and fat, with 2,710 calories, 203 grams (1,827 calories) of fat, 194 grams of carbohydrates, and 6,360 milligrams of sodium, with as much fat as 67 strips of bacon.[6]There is a healthier variety, which contains 522 calories and 16g of fat.[7] For reference, the US Reference Daily Intake for fat is 65g and for sodium is 2300 mg, assuming a 2000 calorie diet, while typical daily food energy recommendations lie in the range of 2000-3000 calories.

lol
0eb0511ce0dc3cab0ccbdabf013b7f00.jpg

VU Sponsors