Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered an electric mower

My yard is tiny. It takes longer to start a petrol mower than it takes to mow. So my lawn will yield to the power of push button-start

Mum previously had aged care home help, who mowed and pruned. But, after the Huddy incident with mum's lung cancer etc, I have to mow
Buy a goat.
let goat “mow” the yard.
BBQ goat at end of mowing season.
Win/win for you.

Win/lose for goat.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's OK, granny

i'll just nervously wait, not knowing how the angels game went

i mean, i can say with 99.99% certainty that he won and was best on ground, but...
This year they let kids throw some pitches, then coach takes over. Could be dangerous!
Cody hit a smash to center, then a little hit, and an out at first. One kid on other team hit a real homer😳
im all in!
CODY CODY CODY
oi oi oi

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did the cubs play giants in a playoff game a few years ago? I still don't know why they are familiar
They were cursed by a goat once. Back in the 1945 World Series the owner of the Billy Goat Tavern was asked to leave the game because his goat was bothering other people. He said the Cubs weren't going to win anymore. They lost that series, and it wasn't until 2016 that they finally won another World Series. To get there they beat the Giants 3 games to 1 in a division playoff series.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were cursed by a goat once. Back in the 1945 World Series the owner of the Billy Goat Tavern was asked to leave the game because his goat was bothering other people. He said the Cubs weren't going to win anymore. They lost that series, and it wasn't until 2016 that they finally won another World Series. To get there they beat the Giants 3 games to 1 in a division playoff series.
Oh sure, you remember THAT part 🙄

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same great grandfather who designed LA Country Club, Riviera, Bel Air, plus many more, and wrote the seminal book on golf course architecture in the mid 1920s.
plus the books he wrote on growing roses by area of the U.S.

ok, I’m done, this time anyway 🥰

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2f59a0489af51bca089d7ffa47fe330e.jpg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's my grand kids, then my wife's, then my fault that you're sick...

I'll assume the position

Then my daughter and then my wife and more than likely my son and DIL.
But I’m resilient and getting better but it was touch and go for a minute.
I let my wife and daughter go to the doc to find out what we have….they seem to enjoy that…then I medicate accordingly. We have/had influenza A, influenza B and Covid….no strep. Doc said 24 hrs of no temp and we’re good to go. I never had a temperature. It’s amazing how benign Covid has become…lol…I even took down all the plastic shields in my house.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then my daughter and then my wife and more than likely my son and DIL.
But I’m resilient and getting better but it was touch and go for a minute.
I let my wife and daughter go to the doc to find out what we have….they seem to enjoy that…then I medicate accordingly. We have/had influenza A, influenza B and Covid….no strep. Doc said 24 hrs of no temp and we’re good to go. I never had a temperature. It’s amazing how benign Covid has become…lol…I even took down all the plastic shields in my house.
i read that as "my then wife"

and thought how harsh that was, for making you sick

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i spoke to my therapist about vaping yesterday

i was explaining DIY juice, and she said that she had no idea that vaping was so complicated

i said "you probably don't realise that you are holding a $1000 mod either" which she cracked up laughing at. And said she has clients who buy expensive gym gear, bongs etc... so why not?

and we discussed the fact that the second market is a legit thing

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i spoke to my therapist about vaping yesterday

i was explaining DIY juice, and she said that she had no idea that vaping was so complicated

i said "you probably don't realise that you are holding a $1000 mod either" which she cracked up laughing at. And said she has clients who buy expensive gym gear, bongs etc... so why not?

and we discussed the fact that the second market is a legit thing
You’re a legit thing

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
dry brining a chicken

the brine is with fresh sage from my garden and black pepper

stuffed with similar, plus garlic, onion powder and garlic powder. I might smoke some paprika for the skin

spuds blanched and drying. Blanched in some stock and garlic

will airfry corn on the cob with garlic

and a little stir fry

and greek salad

lazy dessert of easter eggs. It will all kill diabetic sister anyway, so she hold a dessert grudge anyway

apparently 1 niece is coming. I don't know why. Maybe she wants the nanna vibes in my house one last time?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
speaking of...

hawkie, did you buy a mortar and pestle

i hope that you bought one

asian grocers often sell them for around $10. So what's to lose, hawkie? what?
Nope…………not yet.
I’m always looking but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for.
Not being really picky but being kinda picky.
My son and I were at an Asian market a few weeks ago and none of theirs jumped out at me. Probably should look again.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw the strangest picture a moment ago and now I need to have an Aussie explain it to me. I mean, I know things are strange down under with the seasons all mixed up (after all Christmas is supposed to be in the winter and have snow, all the songs say so), but I'm baffled by this one. Doggie, please explain to me how this is possible? Are the animals all mixed up too?
1711245441947.jpeg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw the strangest picture a moment ago and now I need to have an Aussie explain it to me. I mean, I know things are strange down under with the seasons all mixed up (after all Christmas is supposed to be in the winter and have snow, all the songs say so), but I'm baffled by this one. Doggie, please explain to me how this is possible? Are the animals all mixed up too?
View attachment 213860
Turkeys oink
mammals lay eggs
water spins the wrong way
seems pretty normal to me

VU Sponsors