Become a Patron!

regular ohm mod

crossflix

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not into sub ohming because of the dangers it poses. what are the best regular ohming mods available?

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am not into sub ohming because of the dangers it poses. what are the best regular ohming mods available?
You can use any mod for non sub ohm vaping. I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions. Are you new to vaping?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sub ohming with a regulated device and reasonable sub ohming with the right battery in a mech, pose no specific risks.

Any modern regulated mod can go to sub ohm, whether to do so is up to the user.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And good for you for taking saftey into consideration first! You really have no worries getting any regulated device and using sub ohm coils. Regulated devices have built in protections. Mechanical mods is where you can run into saftey issues.

crossflix

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can use any mod for non sub ohm vaping. I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions. Are you new to vaping?

Yes, i am relatively new. I have vaped before, with simpler devices. I loved the vaporfi vox mini, but stupidly lost it. im back into it now

crossflix

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And good for you for taking saftey into consideration first! You really have no worries getting any regulated device and using sub ohm coils. Regulated devices have built in protections. Mechanical mods is where you can run into saftey issues.
Oh, ok great to know, thank you

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, ok great to know, thank you
The big questions would be your budget, do you want something that is smaller, there are some with built in batteries. Why not replace the Vaporfi If I may ask. You say you loved it.

crossflix

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The big questions would be your budget, do you want something that is smaller, there are some with built in batteries. Why not replace the Vaporfi If I may ask. You say you loved it.

thats what im planning on doing. How does one find specifically regulated mods on any given website?

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thats what im planning on doing. How does one find specifically regulated mods on any given website?
Well, here is an example.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/MODS-PVS-s/173.htm

Just select category. Most sites will have descriptions for each device telling you what it does. For the most part, if it has a digital screen on the mod, its a regulated device but, just go to the mod/pv section, and read descriptions for each device.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I was you about a 1 1/2 years ago. I refused to subohm because I was worried about the risks. I finally decided to try it out. And I'm glad I did :)
As long as you are using a regulated mod (Kanger Subox Mini or Nano, Innokin Cool Fire IV, eLeaf iStick for example) and you are using high quality, 20amp or better batteries, the device is safe. Know your mod, know your batteries, know their limits.

Also, tanks like the Kanger Subtank Mini make coils that are not subohm... so if you try the subohm and decide it's not for you... you can still get non subohm coils for your tank.

VU Sponsors