Become a Patron!

relatively new to mech mods

I'm am relatively new to mech mods first one I bought off a friend was a sintinel clone with nimbus clone rda...then I decided to build my own I just got my AR MOD clone with a 454 big block clone rda and so far it's great the one thing I don't like about the 454 big block clone was that the hole one the bottom of the tip was drilled out wierd Leaving the bottom that is supposed to prevent spit back very very thin and to the point it had a white line in it (I suppose you can say what do u expect from a clone) so I decided to cut it and make the tip like a typical drip tip and I think it works better. I have been playing with different coil set ups and still looking to find that perfect one. I am currently using dual 8 wrap horizontal coils with 26 guage kanthal... what are some good coil set ups?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like dual 26g wrapped 5 times around a 3mm screwdriver. Good clouds without getting to hot. Just make sure your batteries can handle what you wrap. I also really like tiger wires xl by vaporgrudge.com they rock when wrapped 4 to 5 times around a 3mm screwdriver as well. I made some 24/26g twisted wires the other day too, they are pretty awesome so far, just hard to get on the deck. Welcome to the Underground BTW, glad you joined up! Keep it Foggy my man.

I like dual 26g wrapped 5 times around a 3mm screwdriver. Good clouds without getting to hot. Just make sure your batteries can handle what you wrap. I also really like tiger wires xl by vaporgrudge.com they rock when wrapped 4 to 5 times around a 3mm screwdriver as well. I made some 24/26g twisted wires the other day too, they are pretty awesome so far, just hard to get on the deck. Welcome to the Underground BTW, glad you joined up! Keep it Foggy my man.

I normally do my wraps on a 2 mm post Wil goin up to 3 mm make a difference?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it will change the ohms a little and make the vapor a little cooler, its a taste is subjective thing. I prefer mine on 3's my lady likes them on 2's. I personally like the 3 mm for wicking purposes, a little easier to wick in my opinion, helps get more juice to the coil to imho.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I run on 3mm 26 dual parallels about .25-.30 depending on the wraps. But then again been doing it for a while and on a 50amp 26650 or a vtc4.

Just make sure you atty has breathing room.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i run my ohms at around .3 to .4 and get good clouds and great flavor. I use a Doge with the air open full blast now, so a little less flavor and thicker clouds though.
What are your ohms at? How is the flavor. And vaper production

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Organic cotton, some boil it first, others dont. You want to put enough through the coil that it pulls snug, but not to much as to where it is hard to pull it through. I myself, use Rayon. I like the taste better. I bought a HUGE box of it from Sally's for 15 bux, I will never run out of it lol.

VU Sponsors