Become a Patron!

Requiem Mod 95W by El Mono Vapeador/Vandy Vape - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hi there folks welcome once more to one of my reviews.

Today i will be reviewing the Requiem Mod 95W which is a collaboration between Vandy Vape and a fellow Spanish reviewer called El Mono Vapeado.

As per my usual mo i am going to lay out some general info in the form of pics so you can get an idea of the type of device i will be reviewing today.

general.JPG
colors.JPG
breakdown.JPG
contents.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Gotta say,size of the box made me a bit uneasy.
Keep in mind this is a mod that will take a single 21700 battery so i was eager to open it up and check the size of the mod.

As per usual Vandy Vape did a good job at packaging,not getting a high end feel to it but then again it is not priced nor marketed as a high end device.

I look at the mod just standing there at my desk and troubled by the shape,i mean will it feel comfy while holding it?
Rest assured it does feel nice,nice sturdy feel to it and perfect size wise,this little baby can take up to a 28mm tank.
(some report up to a 30mm tank/dripper but i have none of that size so i can't corroborate that info)

Vaping Time:

Feeling lazy and since i don't use RTA anymore i decided to dust off my old Hellbeast 2 tank and prime me a nice GTi coil.
While the coil is sucking up the sweet nectar of the gods i decide to check out the UI and menu functions.

Time to load up this baby with a battery and first and only con reared its ugly head,the threading of the battery cap was AWFUL.
I mean the last 3 turns were crunchy and by crunchy i mean like if you were having chunky peanut butter but said chunks were made out of concrete...

I don't like watching or reading reviews before doing mine,i like to go in with an open mind.
Before writing this review i recorded and uploaded my video review which you can find here:

And yeah the last turns of the battery cap (made of aluminum) were crunchy as hell.
After posting my video review i decided to watch some reviews and my crunchy threads might have been because i got a faulty battery cap or the threads at the end are messed up.

And yeah i have been using these type of caps for a long time so i just don't go in and rotate it in,i do it counter wise to make sure i hear or feel that ''click'' then i start turning to secure the battery cap.

So again i am almost positive this issue is just with me,a lot of other reviewers haven't reported this issue.
Also gotta mention you get a sleeve so you can use an 18650 battery if you wish to,having the option to use a 21700 or 18650 battery is a good thing.

Menu wise this is the same (Jackaroo/Pulse etc etc),i mean you got the same options and the same layout nothing changes which in itself isn't a bad thing.
Been a long time user of the Jackaroo also from Vandy Vape (favorite mod from all time,just love the rubbery grip) and i have been using the Pulse V2 as my main for a long time.

A couple of new pics so you can get a feel for the size of the mod,one solo and one side by side with the Pulse V3 which is also made by Vandy Vape:

IMG_20230919_092416.jpg

IMG_20230919_092443.jpg

There is a change in the UI thou,glad to report the 0.96-inch tft screen is really i mean really bright,even in Spain's overwhelming sun i had no problems reading the info on the screen.

Some variables in the UI have been moved around and there is a small Requiem logo on the bottom left part of the screen.

Fire button i gotta say i liked and i liked it a lot,not straight in line but it has a small inclination which lets you fire your mod with your thumb in different positions,just feels right.

Been using the Requiem mod since yesterday when i recorded the video review,about 800 puffs and thankfully i got no issues to report,been working flawlessly and without a hitch.

Pros:

-Lightweight mod
-Sturdy construction
-Nice design
-Possibility of using a 18650/21700 battery

Cons:

-None really.
I am 90% sure the crunchy battery cap issue is only with the product i received.
Haven't seen or heard of any other reviewers commenting on this issue which leads me to believe i just got one that had this ''slight'' problem.

Would i recommend this device:

Well as i mentioned in my video review this will depend mostly on aesthetics.
This mod does and perform the same as lot of mods out there,it has a solid chip and Vandy Vape come out with good products so its mostly an issue about you liking the shape/form of the mod.

If you use this code in Sourcemore you can get this mod for 33 bucks and change:

VVRM $33.89 - Vandy Vape Requiem Mod

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors