Become a Patron!

Resistance

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no set wattage for a .4 ohm coil in an RTA.
Depends on the RTA design, airflow, etc And even on your wicking and type of wire used in coil ie clapton or round wire.

Start low and work your way up until you get a nice vape. Unless you get no vapor take a few pulls at each stage.
Start getting any dry or burned tinge to your vape and you have gone too high and back it off.
Start at maybe 20W?

I vape a .4 ohm coil at 16 watts in a Subtank Mini RBA.
I vape a .35 ohm coil at 28 Watts in a Merlin RTA.
The Merlin has a bigger chamber and more airflow.
And the coils although being the same type of wire and same gauge are constructed differently.
And require different airflow and wattage to vape properly.

Coils are different and tanks are different size chamber, airflow, etc.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i have an RTA with coils that have a 0.40 Ohm resistance and im not sure what wattage to vape it at
Steam-engine.org will give a suggestion if you know details of you build.... but as a general rule I always start low and work my way up in wattage till I get the vape I want..... there is no correct wattage for any ohm. Wattage is a result or output not an input..... you mod does not supply Watts.... I supplies the required voltage to produce a desired wattage based on ohm rate of the coil.

Fact Is I build to vape at 15 to 20 watts...regulated. BUT my build might be anywhere between .1 and 3ohms. Only time I really care about the ohm is when I build for unregulated mods. .. and that's because ohm determines wattage and safety in a mech.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i vape my crown 0.4 coils at 55 watts and my 4.5 single coil claptons at 40 watts. so 40-60 is a good range to play with from my experience

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
95% of my builds are in the .33-.39 range and I vape from 30-42 watts. You really just have to experiment and find what you like.

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Using the ohms law with a 3.7 battery voltage.
. 40 ohms comes out to a little over 34 watts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors