Become a Patron!

Restricted flavoring shipping...what the heck?!?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So, I'm about to place a BCF order and a number of the flavors I'm considering or buy on a regular basis are are now "restricted shipping." Says they have a flashpoint of under 100 degrees F and cannot be shipping by USPS and then only ship ground shipping with another carrier.

I live in Alaska and even lowly ground shipping costs the moon and the stars compared to USPS

Are other sellers pulling this too? This is a really big deal to me :(
There are two full pages of restricted flavors :headbang:
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 6.00.44 PM.png

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wth? Really, I haven't ordered from em in a few weeks but didn't have that happen with the Blue-Rasp berry when I ordered. That's Bs that their doing that now :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, I'm about to place a BCF order and a number of the flavors I'm considering or buy on a regular basis are are now "restricted shipping." Says they have a flashpoint of under 100 degrees F and cannot be shipping by USPS and then only ship ground shipping with another carrier.

I live in Alaska and even lowly ground shipping costs the moon and the stars compared to USPS

View attachment 72831
There is no way those flavors have a flash point of 100F

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So looking through the site, the restricted is on some of the bulk sizes.

They are offering four-packs of 30 ml of the ones where bulk is restricted - but, it is more expensive.

Example: TFA Boysenberry costs $11.75 for a four-pack, 120 mls.

The TFA Boysenberry in bulk, 4oz. (118.294 mls) is only $10.75 :facepalm:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are other sellers pulling this too?

Got an email from WL which contained....
or "U.S. ONLY" have certain shipping restrictions in accordance with 49 CFR 172.101, based on their flash-point (Flavor Concentrates), or 49 CFR 173.153, based on their toxicity (Nicotine Solutions). Products denoted with the symbol
d9e6a7a1-d5f2-409c-ab73-f6f6ecfe5e46.png
will require the entire order to be shipped via ground transportation only. Products denoted with the symbol
d9e6a7a1-d5f2-409c-ab73-f6f6ecfe5e46.png
or "U.S. ONLY" are ineligible to be shipped internationally. To see the list of flavors that are ineligible for air transportation, click HERE.
------------

Ron
(my avatar is me in downtown Eagle, Alaska)
---
"I am a road man for the lords of karma."- Hunter S. Thompson

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
WTF???!!! When did this Shite start?? Flash point restrictions!? My God, what's next! I'm almost totally diy, this so bites. God Lucy, I feel for ya, being way up there and all. So I'm assuming this applies to nicotine as well?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
WTF???!!! When did this Shite start?? Flash point restrictions!? My God, what's next! I'm almost totally diy, this so bites. God Lucy, I feel for ya, being way up there and all. So I'm assuming this applies to nicotine as well?

I'm good on nic till I die, lol. BCV does not sell nic, just flavoring, but it's my go-to

I'm not seeing this on other flavor selling sites - but everyone keep your eyes open

Not sure, sometimes ground shipping on UPS or what have you is cheaper for Lower 48 folks.

It's just the :bs: factor that gets to me

I doubt BCF is doing this just for the fun of it

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That was probably a bumpy ride :giggle:

Not as bad a ride as doing the Haul Road up to Deadhorse.;)
vu384645.jpg
I hope ground/surface transportation for you does not mean... trucked across the lower 48 to Seattle... placed in a barge going up the Inside Passage...to then be unloaded onto a dogsled for final delivery! :eek:

Ron
---
“You can't find the right roads when the streets are paved.” ― Bob Marley

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not as bad a ride as doing the Haul Road up to Deadhorse.;)

I hope ground/surface transportation for you does not mean... trucked across the lower 48 to Seattle... placed in a barge going up the Inside Passage...to then be unloaded onto a dogsled for final delivery! :eek:

Ron
---
“You can't find the right roads when the streets are paved.” ― Bob Marley

No, it means paying big bucks for them to fly it here from Seattle anyway :facepalm:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For Christ's sake, I can order Muratic acid concrete cleaner (Hydrochloric Acid) and have it sent USPS. That's a hell of a lot more dangerous than flavoring concentrates.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For Christ's sake, I can order Muratic acid concrete cleaner (Hydrochloric Acid) and have it sent USPS. That's a hell of a lot more dangerous than flavoring concentrates.
Which further proves my point.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do know the flavors containing alcohol are restricted to small sizes only.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like it's gonna happen all over. WL, Nic River, now BCF. Blame FDA, I know vendors have to be throwing a shit fit over all this. So, now my question is, will confectionaries, and the like, be affected as well?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Looks like it's gonna happen all over. WL, Nic River, now BCF. Blame FDA, I know vendors have to be throwing a shit fit over all this. So, now my question is, will confectionaries, and the like, be affected as well?

Can't have exploding candy on the streets - think of the children!!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 72831

I dunno about those particular ones, but I know that TPA/TFA pulls that shit with their Cherry Extract. Check WizLabs; I get TFA Cherry Extract from them without drama (or extra charges).

Andria

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They will, they also order 100 liter barrels at a time.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Pop Rocks anyone? LOL

Pop rocks would rock in a vape - doctor has put the kibosh on eating candy or any sugar, corn syrup, etc.

Great DIY vaping is more important than ever now!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
don't forget to take a big swig of cola with the mouth full of pop rocks...its delightful:bliss:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
don't forget to take a big swig of cola with the mouth full of pop rocks...its delightful:bliss:

Yeah, but it doesn't :bomb: as per the urban myth :(

I tried :giggle:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
- doctor has put the kibosh on eating candy or any sugar, corn syrup, etc.

Heck, to promote additional exercise, that doctor could also kibosh any mechanical/electrical juice mixing aids ! :eek:

Sounds to me you might need a new Doctor!

Ron
---
"I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too."- Mike Tyson

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I gave my dog pop rocks once. I thought it was hilarious. My mom told me to stop tormenting the dog, :facepalm:

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
USPS does have a ground shipping only option.

All they gotta do at the post office is rubber stamp the package with a image of a plane with an X through it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They just now realized flavoring/nicotine concentrates fall under restrictions that have been in place longer than vaping has been around
Yes this is nothing new except the market increased dramatically for nicotine , flamable flavorings and juice containing nicotine.
There will be some other existing laws jump up involving vaping.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I agree. I think the USPS just figured out a new way to rape consumers, since increasing postage prices 100 times while decreasing service a thousand times just wasn't enough for them.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, there's a reason for "going postal" becoming a synonym for the murderous rage that ensues while dealing with ignorant and deliberately obtuse bureaucrats in love with their own obtuseness. Obtusity. Whichever.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, there's a reason for "going postal" becoming a synonym for the murderous rage that ensues while dealing with ignorant and deliberately obtuse bureaucrats in love with their own obtuseness. Obtusity. Whichever.

Andria
Actually I remember where "going postal" came from.
Military vet with issues shot up a postal center.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All regulations force people to go underground.

A friend places and receives the order and forwards it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Actually I remember where "going postal" came from.
Military vet with issues shot up a postal center.

I have my own issues with USPS.

Both the Mrs and I call her the Lazy Mail Bitch for good reason.

Screw the whole "Rain nor Snow nor Sleet of Night thing".

Half the time even though the package will fit in my HUGE MAILBOX (the largest model approved by USPS) she will not even load it in her truck and leave the card instead.

Try as much as I can, can't get another carrier assigned to my rout or get her fired!

VU Sponsors