Become a Patron!

reuleaux rx200 charge and firmware problems

spadexhearts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,it has been around a month since i got my rx200 device. Around 2 weeks ago I have upgraded the firmware to 3.0. Now about the problem,since 1 week ago my device will start showing that it is charging but there was no wire plugged into the port at all. It only stops saying that it's charging when i try tweaking around the port with my nails and the problem will resurface again randomly. Then until today I figured maybe it was the firmware problem and plugged my device to my computer to try reupdating and another problem came up,my computer stopped recognizing my device! I changed to different wires,used the original wire that came with the device,changed computer ports,tried cleaning the device's port but none of the methods worked. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Update:i realised after placing a clapton wire into the port at the right hand side will stop the device from charging when it actually isn't,but once i let it go the 'charge' continues

Last edited:

spadexhearts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
one more thing is that when i plug the device to my computer, the device is able to charge but my computer will say that the 'USB device is not recognized'. The updating programme couldn't locate my device either.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to use several different cords to get my PC to recognize the RX200 - perhaps try that? But the fact that it shows charging when it's not even plugged in makes me think you might need to get it replaced under warranty.

spadexhearts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
tried different cords to no avail,even the original and samsung phone cords.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you have only had it a month, I would contact the vendor you bought it from for replacement. I would suggest contacting Wismec/Joyetech but I really don't think that would help. They are not known for their stellar customer support.

Cheers,
Steve

spadexhearts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
problem is I am vaping in a prohibited country thus it will go through too much hassle

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The solution is simple, the device comes with 3 months warranty and the retailer should honor that, stop wasting your time and get the device replaced through the retailer under warranty.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I didn't know that. Sounds like your charge port my have one of it's pins bent.. Take a look and see if that's the case. If so, carefully try to straighten the pin out. That's what I would look at first. Let us know if that solves your problem.

Cheers,
Steve

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
problem is I am vaping in a prohibited country thus it will go through too much hassle
In this case, take it apart, check your USB port and possibly get it replaced by desoldering it and resoldering a new one.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW may i know what country is it? feel free if you do not want to tell, these vaping bans are becoming annoying so i am just curious to know the country.

spadexhearts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I didn't know that. Sounds like your charge port my have one of it's pins bent.. Take a look and see if that's the case. If so, carefully try to straighten the pin out. That's what I would look at first. Let us know if that solves your problem.

Cheers,
Steve
Hey mind if i ask how do you straighten the pin?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey mind if i ask how do you straighten the pin?
Scratch that, I just took a close look at mine and there is nothing short of replacing it that will fix it. What I would try is cleaning it with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Possibly dirty or spilled ejuice gunking it up

Last edited:

spadexhearts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been tweaking on the pins alot, i only realised when i touched the second pin from the right with a metal screwdriver the charge will stop,when i let go the problem continues. Right now i left the device in a bucket of rice,maybe it's some water issues

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
all i have is a air duster..
It is really easy and cheap to desolder and resolder a new USB port, buy a USB port, a desoldering braid (wick), a hobbyist soldering iron, some solder and flux, watch a couple Youtube videos on how to solder and desolder and you will be good to go :)

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The same issue is going on with my rx200s, showing its charging but not only ever used the port to update it a few months ago. Wtf

Edit reflashed update no problems now woO

Last edited:

VU Sponsors