Become a Patron!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maganus Cloud Blaster By Vapeston Review

Link to Vapeston’s Maganus Cloud Baster website: http://www.vapeston.com/maganus-cloud-blaster/

Specs:

5ml capacity

25mm diameter

66.6mm tall

Top fill (dual kidney inlets)

Top airflow (smooth draw with good flavor)

Stainless Steel

Pre-built coils

RTA

What comes in the box:

Maganus Cloud Blaster

X3 RTA (Velocity Style) (Everything needed to build and vape)

· Coils

· Cotton

· Allen wrench

X3 Turbo coils:

· .15 ohm

· .2 ohm

Replacement pyrex tank

Replacement gaskets

12.25mm wide bore top cap

510 adapter top cap

User Manual

IMG_20170616_120322.jpg

IMG_20170616_144736.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

The run down…

I have been using this tank for 6 weeks now. I wanted to run through both coils as well as build the RTA out and spend some time with that. So I gave all three 2 weeks each. This tank being top fill with top airflow, no leaks… I mean I have laid this on its side on my kitchen counter overnight and would take periodic pulls from it and lay it back on its side. No mess was had! I was very happy about that. The AFC feels solid. It does not spin free and has stop blocks built into it. I like this because I do not have to worry about messing with my AFC all the time. I have not had said luxury in the past for sure and made for a rough/annoying time with some tanks in the past. The AFC on this tank is quiet too. It has smooth airflow and does NOT have that whistle that some tanks have. My wife is a HUGE fan of that! HAH The tank has dual kidney style juice fill points that live under the top cap. I will say that they are on the small side, but not enough to cause issues for me.

IMG_0045.jpg

Speaking of airflow with this tank. Top airflow… in my past has never equated to what the hype was with “improved flavor”. Instead, I always got a washed out flavor and too cool of a vape that just did not do it for me. I like that warm flavor punch to the face. The Cloud Blaster does just that. The top air flow does not wash out the flavor. It also does not make for a cool or burnt vape. In the past with top air flow, to get that warm vape I like I have had the tendency to overheat the coil and burn the coils up too fast. Not with the Cloud Blaster!

IMG_0044.jpg

First things first, I put 14+ full tanks of juice through each coils each over the course of the individual testing. These coils had fast break in periods and then just began to perform. The flavor coming from the coils was on point and loaded with flavor. I ran: custards, creams, citrus, and coffees. All being 70vg/30pg or 80vg/20pg. I ran the coils between 110w-125w.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Both of the X3 Turbo premade coils performed equally as well. I did not see a big difference between either. They both just performed and both put out substantial flavor. The only difference I noticed was that the .15 ohm tank took a little more power to get it going, but it was a minimal difference so I can’t say that it was a big deal or anything to really take notice.

Here is the best part of the premade coils… I have yet to be able to kill either. Putting different brands, weight, and variety of juice through them and the flavor is still there as well as cloud production! There is no burnt flavor! There is no muddiness in the flavor! I am having a hard time trying to get these coils to fail.

I guess you can have worse problems than getting your coils to NOT fail! HAH

Also, while going from juice to juice, I burn down the juice until there is no flavor left. What I found with the X3 Turbo coils is that they must be using something along the same lines as a Cotton Bacon v2 or Native Wicks. It is definitely not a traditional organic Japanese cotton. You can clear out these coils to almost no flavor remaining if you are careful and do it without burning the wick at all. The wicking material seems to have a heat resistance to it unlike OC has to it.

Now we get to the RTA. Only way to put this… Its huge. The build deck has more than enough space in it to throw some hefty coils into it. The inner diameter of the RTA is 16.5mm so there is ample room for some fused claptons and staple coils.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

This RTA has juice holes that are like opening the flood gates! You can put those large coils in, pack with cotton galore, and not worry about dry hitting. I have wicked a few times trying different methods using Cotton Bacon v2, loose wick JOC, and Scottish rolling JOC. They all work to varying degrees.

Smaller coils I found it is best to Scottish roll as it will help choke out the juice inlets while keeping the wicks plenty saturated.

The bigger the coil, the lighter you want to pack the wick into the coils. Working with the wicking you will figure out that just right amount.

The deck is super easy to build on and easy to wick. It has oblong mounting holes for those larger diameter or flat wire coil builds.

Final thoughts…

I am very happy with the tank. Performs great, has good flavor, creates good clouds, and is solid. It was my main staple tank for 6 weeks for the testing period. After that I was testing another tank but once that was through, I came back to the Cloud Blaster to see if the love was still there… well it picked up right where it left off. This tank would make a great reliable tank for anyone in the DTL community.

A side not about the 510 drip tip adapter. Works great! All the tips I have laying around fit right in and it gave a great draw with minimal turbulence. I ran that for a couple weeks and ultimately ended up going back with the large bore tip and just find that to be better for this tank for me. Nothing negative about, just found it to not be something I was going to use versus the big bore.

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Here is an image looking into the large bore tip that comes with the Cloud Blaster.

IMG_0043.jpg

Only con I found with this setup was with the velocity style RTA deck. The juice holes are a bit big, but I also didn’t toss a large set up coils in. I was able to make up for that with a good Scottish roll on wick to choke back that juice flow without any dry hits. So as long as you build for the coils you have and wick appropriately, you will be rockin and rollin in the free world!

Here are some extra photos of the tank sitting on my Lavabox. You can see a bit of overhang, but that is the case with a 25mm tank and a Lavabox. ;-)

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Maganus Cloud Blaster By Vapeston Review

Link to Vapeston’s Maganus Cloud Baster website: http://www.vapeston.com/maganus-cloud-blaster/

Specs:

5ml capacity

25mm diameter

66.6mm tall

Top fill (dual kidney inlets)

Top airflow (smooth draw with good flavor)

Stainless Steel

Pre-built coils

RTA

What comes in the box:

Maganus Cloud Blaster

X3 RTA (Velocity Style) (Everything needed to build and vape)

· Coils

· Cotton

· Allen wrench

X3 Turbo coils:

· .15 ohm

· .2 ohm

Replacement pyrex tank

Replacement gaskets

12.25mm wide bore top cap

510 adapter top cap

User Manual

IMG_20170616_120322.jpg

IMG_20170616_144736.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

The run down…

I have been using this tank for 6 weeks now. I wanted to run through both coils as well as build the RTA out and spend some time with that. So I gave all three 2 weeks each. This tank being top fill with top airflow, no leaks… I mean I have laid this on its side on my kitchen counter overnight and would take periodic pulls from it and lay it back on its side. No mess was had! I was very happy about that. The AFC feels solid. It does not spin free and has stop blocks built into it. I like this because I do not have to worry about messing with my AFC all the time. I have not had said luxury in the past for sure and made for a rough/annoying time with some tanks in the past. The AFC on this tank is quiet too. It has smooth airflow and does NOT have that whistle that some tanks have. My wife is a HUGE fan of that! HAH The tank has dual kidney style juice fill points that live under the top cap. I will say that they are on the small side, but not enough to cause issues for me.

IMG_0045.jpg

Speaking of airflow with this tank. Top airflow… in my past has never equated to what the hype was with “improved flavor”. Instead, I always got a washed out flavor and too cool of a vape that just did not do it for me. I like that warm flavor punch to the face. The Cloud Blaster does just that. The top air flow does not wash out the flavor. It also does not make for a cool or burnt vape. In the past with top air flow, to get that warm vape I like I have had the tendency to overheat the coil and burn the coils up too fast. Not with the Cloud Blaster!

IMG_0044.jpg

First things first, I put 14+ full tanks of juice through each coils each over the course of the individual testing. These coils had fast break in periods and then just began to perform. The flavor coming from the coils was on point and loaded with flavor. I ran: custards, creams, citrus, and coffees. All being 70vg/30pg or 80vg/20pg. I ran the coils between 110w-125w.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Both of the X3 Turbo premade coils performed equally as well. I did not see a big difference between either. They both just performed and both put out substantial flavor. The only difference I noticed was that the .15 ohm tank took a little more power to get it going, but it was a minimal difference so I can’t say that it was a big deal or anything to really take notice.

Here is the best part of the premade coils… I have yet to be able to kill either. Putting different brands, weight, and variety of juice through them and the flavor is still there as well as cloud production! There is no burnt flavor! There is no muddiness in the flavor! I am having a hard time trying to get these coils to fail.

I guess you can have worse problems than getting your coils to NOT fail! HAH

Also, while going from juice to juice, I burn down the juice until there is no flavor left. What I found with the X3 Turbo coils is that they must be using something along the same lines as a Cotton Bacon v2 or Native Wicks. It is definitely not a traditional organic Japanese cotton. You can clear out these coils to almost no flavor remaining if you are careful and do it without burning the wick at all. The wicking material seems to have a heat resistance to it unlike OC has to it.

Now we get to the RTA. Only way to put this… Its huge. The build deck has more than enough space in it to throw some hefty coils into it. The inner diameter of the RTA is 16.5mm so there is ample room for some fused claptons and staple coils.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

This RTA has juice holes that are like opening the flood gates! You can put those large coils in, pack with cotton galore, and not worry about dry hitting. I have wicked a few times trying different methods using Cotton Bacon v2, loose wick JOC, and Scottish rolling JOC. They all work to varying degrees.

Smaller coils I found it is best to Scottish roll as it will help choke out the juice inlets while keeping the wicks plenty saturated.

The bigger the coil, the lighter you want to pack the wick into the coils. Working with the wicking you will figure out that just right amount.

The deck is super easy to build on and easy to wick. It has oblong mounting holes for those larger diameter or flat wire coil builds.

Final thoughts…

I am very happy with the tank. Performs great, has good flavor, creates good clouds, and is solid. It was my main staple tank for 6 weeks for the testing period. After that I was testing another tank but once that was through, I came back to the Cloud Blaster to see if the love was still there… well it picked up right where it left off. This tank would make a great reliable tank for anyone in the DTL community.

A side not about the 510 drip tip adapter. Works great! All the tips I have laying around fit right in and it gave a great draw with minimal turbulence. I ran that for a couple weeks and ultimately ended up going back with the large bore tip and just find that to be better for this tank for me. Nothing negative about, just found it to not be something I was going to use versus the big bore.

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Here is an image looking into the large bore tip that comes with the Cloud Blaster.

IMG_0043.jpg

Only con I found with this setup was with the velocity style RTA deck. The juice holes are a bit big, but I also didn’t toss a large set up coils in. I was able to make up for that with a good Scottish roll on wick to choke back that juice flow without any dry hits. So as long as you build for the coils you have and wick appropriately, you will be rockin and rollin in the free world!

Here are some extra photos of the tank sitting on my Lavabox. You can see a bit of overhang, but that is the case with a 25mm tank and a Lavabox. ;-)

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg
Excellent review!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Another report of coils that just won't die ....that's a really good sign! We can't all be wrong lol

Great read mate thanks for the review :)

VU Sponsors