Become a Patron!

Reviews on MODS-Sigelei 75w TC ? Vaporshark rDNA40? eLeaf iStick 40w TC?

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey there, was wondering if anyone has any reviews or feedback on the two devices in mention here:
I'm looking to purchase the Vaporshark rDNA40 TC mod but was told by a local vendor in Sydney (AU) that they had many problems with it & took them off their shelves (not sure of exact reason).

Does anyone use or have the Sigelei 75w TC mod? what is it like? and is this a good option for a TC device?
Looked at the SMOK M80+ but heard bad things about it also....(may be mixed reviews).

There's also the eLeaf iStick 40w TC mod....is this any good? so confused...I just need a mod that won't burn the wicks & give me some good vape. Ni-200 coils maybe later on....

Don't really need the SX mini M-Class or anything like that....I am sort of a nubie to the world of vaping but been doing a lot of research.... ;o)

Appreciate any advise. Cheers.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check out youtube. You can usually find a lot of good reviews there. I just ordered the sigelei 75w tc mod for the simple fact that I already have 3 sigelei mods and they have worked flawlessly for me.

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Hey there, was wondering if anyone has any reviews or feedback on the two devices in mention here:
I'm looking to purchase the Vaporshark rDNA40 TC mod but was told by a local vendor in Sydney (AU) that they had many problems with it & took them off their shelves (not sure of exact reason).

Does anyone use or have the Sigelei 75w TC mod? what is it like? and is this a good option for a TC device?
Looked at the SMOK M80+ but heard bad things about it also....(may be mixed reviews).

There's also the eLeaf iStick 40w TC mod....is this any good? so confused...I just need a mod that won't burn the wicks & give me some good vape. Ni-200 coils maybe later on....

Don't really need the SX mini M-Class or anything like that....I am sort of a nubie to the world of vaping but been doing a lot of research.... ;o)

Appreciate any advise. Cheers.

I've been vaping on a Sigelei since yesterday and am pretty much satisfied so far. I am a total fan of temp control and have tried a lot of boxes. It's probably time to get rid of some but the Sig will definitely be staying.

My rating from personal experience is SX Mini (by far), Sig75W, Kangxin KX40d Vapor Flask, Evic VT, Tesla 120 TC, and IPV4.

That's in order according to a simple criterion: that I can pick up the mod, hit the button, and get a near-perfect vape at any time. Both the SX Mini and Sig do that 100% of the time. The Kangxin took a bit more twiddling but is very steady now. I've heard bad things about build quality, but I've been using it for two or three months with no problems at all. It's the first clone I've ever bought. The Evic can do a nice job, but not without constantly adjusting the settings. The Tesla does OK now, but is a replacement for the first one that couldn't consistently read resistance. As for the IPV4, even after hours of tweaking it, I never once got a vape I liked.

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One thing that may bother some people with the sigelei 75w tc is the corners are rounded and part of my 22mm attys overhangs over the curved edge. Overall like it very much so far. Put in my first nickel build in a subtank mini and so far so good. Also used dual coil kanthal build in my RDA and worked great. The only downside was the battery didn't last that long, but is expected in a single 18650 mod running near full wattage. Definitely need multi batteries for all day use.

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After couple of days with the sigelei 75w tc, I've been loving it. The size is small and very portable. I've tried a nic build with 26 gauge in my subtank mini and it's working great. I've been using it at 35w at 420 degrees and has been giving me great flavor without any dry hits. I've used 26 gauge ni200 wire on 3mm screwdriver and it comes out with 0.15 ohms. Tried it with my rda, but only have 26 gauge ni200 dual coils and results were not that good. The resistance is low and would get high temp warning after 5 or 6 drags and have to wait for it to cool down. Haven't tried single coil yet because rda is currently setup for dual coils and to lazy to switch it yet. Wasn't getting good results with the rda but i think it is due to the 26 gauge ni200 dual coil setup. Only have 26 gauge ni200, but have some 28 gauge ni200 on the way. I'll report back later once I get the 28 gauge ni200.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After couple of days with the sigelei 75w tc, I've been loving it. The size is small and very portable. I've tried a nic build with 26 gauge in my subtank mini and it's working great. I've been using it at 35w at 420 degrees and has been giving me great flavor without any dry hits. I've used 26 gauge ni200 wire on 3mm screwdriver and it comes out with 0.15 ohms. Tried it with my rda, but only have 26 gauge ni200 dual coils and results were not that good. The resistance is low and would get high temp warning after 5 or 6 drags and have to wait for it to cool down. Haven't tried single coil yet because rda is currently setup for dual coils and to lazy to switch it yet. Wasn't getting good results with the rda but i think it is due to the 26 gauge ni200 dual coil setup. Only have 26 gauge ni200, but have some 28 gauge ni200 on the way. I'll report back later once I get the 28 gauge ni200.
high temp warning? like in dry coil or are we talking about the actual box mod being physically to hot?
what is the resistance on the build when at room temp?
try this tool out for your builds in the future steam-engine.org
I use 26g ni200 typically for single coil builds and the 28g or 30g ni200 for dual coils If you order some more in the future try getting Tempered ni200 it's a bit stiffer and easier to make coils with.

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
high temp warning? like in dry coil or are we talking about the actual box mod being physically to hot?
what is the resistance on the build when at room temp?
try this tool out for your builds in the future steam-engine.org
I use 26g ni200 typically for single coil builds and the 28g or 30g ni200 for dual coils If you order some more in the future try getting Tempered ni200 it's a bit stiffer and easier to make coils with.
The high temp warning is the high temp protection built in the mod itself. It would not let me fire for around 20 secs until it cooled down.

The build on the rda was reading 0.07 ohms at room temp with the dual coil 26g setup. I have tempered ni200 28 gauge coming. I ordered it already and waiting for it to be delivered. I was told to use 28g for dual coils, but didn't have any so just wanted to try it out.

What diameter coils do you build when you do a 28g ni200 dual coil build? and how many wraps?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The high temp warning is the high temp protection built in the mod itself. It would not let me fire for around 20 secs until it cooled down.

The build on the rda was reading 0.07 ohms at room temp with the dual coil 26g setup. I have tempered ni200 28 gauge coming. I ordered it already and waiting for it to be delivered. I was told to use 28g for dual coils, but didn't have any so just wanted to try it out.

What diameter coils do you build when you do a 28g ni200 dual coil build? and how many wraps?

That kinda sucks to hear. what brand and type of battery are you using?
you'll like the tempered stuff more then the anealed.
Just depends on the rda and the build deck. but typically anything 2.0mm to 3.5mm for Rta and 2.0mm to 4.00mm on drippers.
For number of wraps it's really dependant on build deck and then what device I wanna use. I try to keep my builds for tanks around 0.10 ohms
and my drippers a little lower if the mod allows it.
Have you got any of those coil jig tools? Just got the new coil master v3 and it is awesome.

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That kinda sucks to hear. what brand and type of battery are you using?
you'll like the tempered stuff more then the anealed.
Just depends on the rda and the build deck. but typically anything 2.0mm to 3.5mm for Rta and 2.0mm to 4.00mm on drippers.
For number of wraps it's really dependant on build deck and then what device I wanna use. I try to keep my builds for tanks around 0.10 ohms
and my drippers a little lower if the mod allows it.
Have you got any of those coil jig tools? Just got the new coil master v3 and it is awesome.
I'm using Samsung 25r batteries. The interesting thing is when I was using kanthal dual coil build at 0.3 ohms I didn't have this issue of the high temp protection kicking in. I'm using an aeolus v1 rda.

Haven't used any coil jigs yet. Been fine using a screwdriver. Maybe need to get one and see how they work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting try some other toppers, & builds out with varying wire. see what that does to that mod.
when it gives you the too hot waring is the device actually noticeably hot to touch?

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Interesting try some other toppers, & builds out with varying wire. see what that does to that mod.
when it gives you the too hot waring is the device actually noticeably hot to touch?
It was warm but noticeably hot. Yeah, I'll need to try different builds with different coils and toppers to see if this high temp protection keeps on happening.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jkoppk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my wife and myself rDNA 40s and we have had no issues with them at all.they are the latest version with Atty lock.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
where is a good place to order the sigelei in the US?
I ordered mine from wake and vape. $76 bucks and it comes with samsung 25r, sigelei elite tank v2 and vape sock.

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried single coil 26g ni200 at 0.14 on my rda and had no high temp projection issues.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the rDNA40 from Vapor Shark and love it. I also have a Hana V4S but that is testy at times.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should I be concerned the sigelei doesn't specifically state they TC titanium also? No joules? Is 50 joules enough?

Justice Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Should I be concerned the sigelei doesn't specifically state they TC titanium also? No joules? Is 50 joules enough?
Technically you could use titanium in temp control mode, but the readings of temperature will be slightly off. The titanium mode in some of the newest updates account for this and modify the algorithms for the change in resistance specifically for titanium. Since it does not state that they have the enhancement here I would expect the first scenario.

Joules is something yihi decided to "brand" their chips with as a differentiator in temp control. Essentially for purposes of vape settings, it can be thought of as watts, though I am sure people much smarter than me can detail the exact differences.

On the issue of it being enough, that's pretty subjective. For me, yes that is plenty as 50j will heat the coils fast enough to hit the temp limits I normally set (450-500) pretty quickly. This is all dependent though on builds, the type of vape you like, etc.

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can anyone tell me why my Vaporshark Atlantis Ni-200 TSC (o.15ohm) read as 0.09ohms on the Sigelei 75w TC?
I installed a brand new coil & it's reading it as a 0.09 ohm coil but when I put it onto the eLeaf iStick TC40W device it reads as 0.15om coil.
It has happened 3 times now & I am thinking it's a bad batch o f coils or issues with the mod in Temp mode?

When I use the Ni-200 coils on the iStick TC40w device, the temp protection always seems to kick in even after 1 or 2 pulls. (set at 220 degrees Celsius - approx. 428 degrees F) - could it be that 3 out of 5 pack coils could be a Dud??

Appreciate any reply to help with this.
Cheers.

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone tell me why my Vaporshark Atlantis Ni-200 TSC (o.15ohm) read as 0.09ohms on the Sigelei 75w TC?
I installed a brand new coil & it's reading it as a 0.09 ohm coil but when I put it onto the eLeaf iStick TC40W device it reads as 0.15om coil.
It has happened 3 times now & I am thinking it's a bad batch o f coils or issues with the mod in Temp mode?

When I use the Ni-200 coils on the iStick TC40w device, the temp protection always seems to kick in even after 1 or 2 pulls. (set at 220 degrees Celsius - approx. 428 degrees F) - could it be that 3 out of 5 pack coils could be a Dud??

Appreciate any reply to help with this.
Cheers.

I'm beginning to think it might be an issue with the mod itself. I had earlier mentioned that the Sig was performing perfectly. After a few days, that wasn't the case. I ran into a problem where I just couldn't get it to vape how I liked it - too cool, too hot, too weak, etc. I don't remember which TC tank on it at the time.

I didn't feel like messing with it so I changed coils and started using it in power mode, which worked fine. Today I decided to try a different brand nickel coil on my Trident and the Sig was the only TC mod with an empty 510.

Right now it's got a Vaporshark coil, is reading 0.16, and is doing a great job.

So it seems to me it might be a bit picky. Maybe the 510 connection, the internal resistance of the tank, the contact the coil makes -- who knows?

I'm just happy to have stumbled onto a sweet spot but I am going to watch how it responds to different tanks and coils.

As for the TC40, I'm finding that some TC mods don't seem to read the resistance well and thus don't control well. I don't have a TC40 so I can't say for sure that's your problem. But among a Evic, SX Mini M Class, Vaporflask clone with K40d chip, Tesla 120 TC, and the Sig 75 I can say for sure there is a HUGE difference in the temps they need. With the same tank/juice/coil, some of the mods need up to 150 degrees more heat just to get a decent vape.

I don't have the instruments to nail down the problem, but it's getting clearer everyday. I see lots of posts from people asking what temp they need to use. It's simple: the one that works well for you.

edit: added TC40 info

Last edited:

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Dragger...I may need to try some different coil with a different tank to see if it's a re-occurring problem. Then I will know for sure is the Mod itself.

Gina3FVAPE

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard the sigelei 75W is not so good at TC? Is it ture? It said it will in the TC protect mode when vaping with a high W and low ohm.

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I heard the sigelei 75W is not so good at TC? Is it ture? It said it will in the TC protect mode when vaping with a high W and low ohm.
I have had issues with the high temp protection kicking in with low ohm high wattage builds in temp control mode. Used dual coil 28g tempered ni200 at 0.07 ohms. After awhile the high temp protection would kick in. No issues with single coil builds yet.

VU Sponsors