Become a Patron!

Revvo tank - juice is hotter than magma

I got the Aspire Revvo tank with SkyStar mod. Love the mod. Would really like to love the tank, too, but it feels like I'm vaping magma.

The coil is the .10-.16ohm, I've tried everything from 60w-100w (it suggests 80w). Using DSRT juice (6mg - yeah, I discovered the lower ohms = magnified nic, still buzzing). When I inhale, the vape is about 5,000 degrees, like something the sun just farted out. The taste is remarkable. The arc coil is awesome - but it's just hot as hell.

Been vaping for about 6 years, so I'm not a total noob. However, my gear is usually Apollo trash (Phazer .5ohm @27w). Got tired of wearing my juice if the tank is exactly vertical at all times and though the new coil would be awesome. Didn't expect to be vaping lava.

What the heck am I doing wrong here?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It’s a warm vape especially if you close the air vents right down like I do

Maybe have a go with the CPS settings on the mod I’m using it that way and works really well

I have an initial quick ramp up then taper down the power for a few seconds it’s a much nicer vape than straight up wattage

You cannot overfill this tank or you have a really bad day

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yep - CPS is the trick. Thank you KingPin!

Now I need to get some lower nic juice.....

Happy to help :)

Agree 3mg max for this I’d say, it drinks like a muscle car!

ck342

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Based on the great reviews, I sought out and bought the Revvo tank from a reputable retailer (Coval Vapes). While the flavor and vapor production are great, the tank leaked terribly from the air vents. Because the location of the leak is so close to the coil, the liquid leaking out was scalding hot. Twice with vaping in bed I received painful burns to my chest and mouth. I contacted Aspire about the problem and they asked for my receipt (which I provided) as well as the batch number and security code. These must have been on the outer box cover, which I discarded right after my purchase. When I told Aspire this, their response was that since they couldn’t verify my tank was an authentic Aspire product, they could be of no further help. As if someone has tooled up to counterfeit a $25 tank! Either I bought a defective unit or the Revvo has a serious design flaw. Either way, the customer service rep I dealt with just sucked.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Based on the great reviews, I sought out and bought the Revvo tank from a reputable retailer (Coval Vapes). While the flavor and vapor production are great, the tank leaked terribly from the air vents. Because the location of the leak is so close to the coil, the liquid leaking out was scalding hot. Twice with vaping in bed I received painful burns to my chest and mouth. I contacted Aspire about the problem and they asked for my receipt (which I provided) as well as the batch number and security code. These must have been on the outer box cover, which I discarded right after my purchase. When I told Aspire this, their response was that since they couldn’t verify my tank was an authentic Aspire product, they could be of no further help. As if someone has tooled up to counterfeit a $25 tank! Either I bought a defective unit or the Revvo has a serious design flaw. Either way, the customer service rep I dealt with just sucked.

Hmm that’s not good hope you are ok

Condensation build up in the top cap is dramatic which is one of its flaws but it didnt ever leak dramatically on me as you describe unless I overfilled it?

Couple of things what was the cotton layer like in the coil you should be able to hold that tank upside down without juice leaking try that first with that chamber removed (do not try this when hot!)

Wipe off inside the top chamber before you go to bed, perhaps give it a quick rinse don’t let the condensation sit there

Do you ever notice that the centre pin is stuck down that could be a defective product

I didn’t experience this and still haven’t other than seeping condensation a little bit leaving it on it side admittedly I don’t vape in bed though

ck342

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tips (better than Aspire’s). I’ll give it a shot and see if that helps. The pin seems to be retracting properly so condensation may be an issue. The problem occurs mainly when my device has been laying on its side for a while but if I leave it standing upright, I’m sure to knock it over and risk damaging my mod or breaking the glass. It’s never been an issue with any other tank. I’ll follow your advice with thanks.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
You can not blame the MFG because it was your responsibility to check Product Verification before using. I would contact Coval to replace or refund, but if they refuse then dispute the CC charge as defective product. And did you check if all the O rings are in place, and not missing one that might of fell off. .
Capture.JPGtgegegegheh.JPG

I got the Aspire Revvo tank with SkyStar mod. Love the mod. Would really like to love the tank, too, but it feels like I'm vaping magma.

The coil is the .10-.16ohm, I've tried everything from 60w-100w (it suggests 80w). Using DSRT juice (6mg - yeah, I discovered the lower ohms = magnified nic, still buzzing). When I inhale, the vape is about 5,000 degrees, like something the sun just farted out. The taste is remarkable. The arc coil is awesome - but it's just hot as hell.

Been vaping for about 6 years, so I'm not a total noob. However, my gear is usually Apollo trash (Phazer .5ohm @27w). Got tired of wearing my juice if the tank is exactly vertical at all times and though the new coil would be awesome. Didn't expect to be vaping lava.

What the heck am I doing wrong here?

I'm having the same issue as you. I left my old tank because it was becoming a mess of leakage, just to buy this one and have it leak out on either side. Unfortunately I can't stand 3s or I'd drop down. This tank really isn't worth using from what I can tell.

VU Sponsors