Become a Patron!

Rewire

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought a kickass mod, but the internals are something to be desired. Its a mech. Is there a way to rewire it?
7748b724845ea11932bcdc5fc3280d97.jpg

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of mech are we talking about?

Edit: Ahhh I see now that you have added a pic...

Last edited:

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah....mechs shouldn't have wires....Is it a hybrid?

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The positive post is a fucking charm...id like to replace.it

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First thing would upgrade the 510 to a spring fed fat daddy 510, take a piece of flat copper ribbon and bend it into a double ended L shape, Solider it to the ground on the 510 and have it run down the inside to the bottom and solider the ground spring to it. What is the triggering part of the mod? Is it mechanical or wired?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The switch guts are covered by glue, but it appears to be the second finger hole down in the picture. I can't tell if it's a pressure pad electronic, or electircal contact switch. There is also what appears to be some type of possible electronics in a small box between the switch and the negitive spring. Again, I could be wrong. Is there some sort of protection fuse there?

However, I agree that the positive pin and 510 NEED to be upgraded! LIKE NOW. I would be very nervous with a charm as a positive pin!

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I told ya it was a shit inside job. The trigger is indeed in the second finger hole. And its a wired button. This thing is about as cheap as it gets. I have no idea what a protection fuse looks like, but i doubt highly there is one in there. I may have to just have it as a show piece because i have no tools to do this fix. I dont know if its indeed a charm...but it fucking looks like it. Im so sick of getting shit mods. My hcigar mini30 or whatever its called took a shit after one day. Im going back to smoking (kidding, i hate when people say that). Thanks guys.

VU Sponsors