Become a Patron!

Riddle me this: Vape tracking edition

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered an item from Aliexpress a couple of weeks ago. The seller eventually got around to printing a label and I've been keeping an eye on tracking, but neither Singapore Post, Track17, nor Canada Post have any information about said packages location.

Singapore Post says: Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)

Track 17 says the exact same thing.

Canada Post says:

Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system.

You entered a valid number, but we are not able to show the tracking information for one of the following reasons:

• The item is in transit, but we haven't yet received it from the sender
  • The item is coming from another country and is not in Canada yet. Track it on the postal website of the originating country first.
  • The item was shipped more than a year ago
  • The sender chose a service that doesn't include tracking.
Ok, fair enough. Slow shipping is slow. No surprise there. HOWEVER, I just glanced at Aliexpress again, and it says the item was picked up, Arrived at a facility and measured, departed a facility to service provider, and handed over to an airline.

Que?

How does Aliexpress have this knowledge, when Singapore Post themselves appear to have no idea of it's whereabouts?

Anyone else experienced this before? I know tracking can be flaky and take a while to update, but according to Ali it went on the plane on the 7th... Which would have still been the 6th here, if I'm not mistaken. Seems an excessive amount of time for a tracking update.

Guess we'll see if and when it arrives.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered an item from Aliexpress a couple of weeks ago. The seller eventually got around to printing a label and I've been keeping an eye on tracking, but neither Singapore Post, Track17, nor Canada Post have any information about said packages location.

Singapore Post says: Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)

Canada Post says:

You entered a valid number, but we are not able to show the tracking information for one of the following reasons:

• The item is coming from another country and is not in Canada yet. Track it on the postal website of the originating country first.
Ok, fair enough. Slow shipping is slow. No surprise there. HOWEVER, I just glanced at Aliexpress again, and it says the item was picked up, Arrived at a facility and measured, departed a facility to service provider, and handed over to an airline.

Que?

How does Aliexpress have this knowledge, when Singapore Post themselves appear to have no idea of it's whereabouts?

Anyone else experienced this before? I know tracking can be flaky and take a while to update, but according to Ali it went on the plane on the 7th... Which would have still been the 6th here, if I'm not mistaken. Seems an excessive amount of time for a tracking update.

I believe you have been had don't expect what you ordered if they know when it was put on a plane then they never sent it they just took your money and said to h e double hockey sticks to you sorry you got scammed.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Canada Post says:

Que?

They're just somewhere between slower than shit and completely retarded sometimes. I've gotten stuff from different parts of China in less than 2 wks before, and also once it took FORTY-THREE FUCKING DAYS from the time it went out their door till it got to mine. there's no forecasting when it will happen, but some of the people between here and there are seriously fucking stupid and slow and unmotivated. Sometimes there's tracking updates, but usually not -- it's a safe bet that it's on a container ship somewhere, either actually travelling or sitting waiting to be unloaded and just sitting in a warehouse where the brain-trusts known as postal inspectors and customs agents are taking their sweet-ass time doing their jobs, which is to be our mommies and daddies and tax collectors all rolled into one or 10 dozen unmotivated bodies.

It'll probably get there, in its own sweet time.

Andria

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I did see aliexpress takes PayPal did you use that for a bit of protection?

I’ve never purchased from there before looks a bit like slowtech

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like slow tech had a bit more info though. Never used AliExpress because it just seemed crazy to not get what I ordered in a timely manner . Then I tried fasttech. Ehh close enough. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like slow tech had a bit more info though. Never used AliExpress because it just seemed crazy to not get what I ordered in a timely manner . Then I tried fasttech. Ehh close enough. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I resisted FT for quite a few years... but for things you don't GOTTA HAVE RIGHT NOW, it's actually not a bad place to get some kinds of vape stuff. But it does sometimes require more patience than I really have; the 43 day event was from them, and I was nearly standing on my head. But I've also gotten stuff from them in 11 days, and also from Hong Kong in 9-11 days. So it's hard to predict. You get it when you get it, basically.

Andria

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sourcemore seems to have weird tracking problems like this as well with track 17. I have ordered from them several times and finally just gave up on tracking when ordering from them because it just never was right. It would be in my mailbox and show it was in south Africa by way of Antarctica.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sourcemore seems to have weird tracking problems like this as well with track 17. I have ordered from them several times and finally just gave up on tracking when ordering from them because it just never was right. It would be in my mailbox and show it was in south Africa by way of Antarctica.

Yeah that teleporting thing pkgs do sometimes is so weird... even sometimes with stuff here in the US, the tracking shows it just got to west bumblefuck, and then.. it's in your mailbox. Spooky! :giggle:

Andria

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did see aliexpress takes PayPal did you use that for a bit of protection?

I’ve never purchased from there before looks a bit like slowtech
The seller didn't accept Paypal, however Aliexpress has a similar processing service of their own, so I'm not worried about getting ripped off. If it doesn't arrive by like September, I can get my money back.

I bought direct from the manufacturer, so I'm assuming it's on the up and up, but the tracking thing just has me scratching my head a bit.

Not the end of the world either way. It's only a $40 mod. I'll survive.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that teleporting thing pkgs do sometimes is so weird... even sometimes with stuff here in the US, the tracking shows it just got to west bumblefuck, and then.. it's in your mailbox. Spooky! :giggle:

Andria
True. My hastur mini was in my mailbox yesterday, but tracking said it was 2 citys over and wouldn't be here until today. Can't complain about that one though!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PACKAGE TRACKING FROM CHINA SUCKS.... Doesn't matter the vendor you buy from. once they ship it delivery time is a crap shoot. Some steps will be track some not. hell I've followed tracking on some items that still showed in route 2 DAY after delivery by USPS. And deliver BEFORE it showed leaving China.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Canada Post says:

Que?

Maybe aliexpress has a separate facility where They measure packages, and that shipping facility then delivers it to the courier

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I resisted FT for quite a few years... but for things you don't GOTTA HAVE RIGHT NOW, it's actually not a bad place to get some kinds of vape stuff. But it does sometimes require more patience than I really have; the 43 day event was from them, and I was nearly standing on my head. But I've also gotten stuff from them in 11 days, and also from Hong Kong in 9-11 days. So it's hard to predict. You get it when you get it, basically.

Andria

Fasttech, Never Again!!! *Shakes fist* I used them gleefully for 2+ years, but my last two packages did not move at ALL for over a month - I had to email and ask about it before they started moving. Grump.

And both times I emailed, the package showed an update two days later - so I am fairly certain the packages would have sat there in China forever

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe aliexpress has a separate facility where They measure packages, and that shipping facility then delivers it to the courier
Could be! I guess it's also possible that they opted for the cheapest of cheap flat rate shipping that may not be trackable. I wasn't about to pay what they wanted to ship via DHL, lol.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Could be! I guess it's also possible that they opted for the cheapest of cheap flat rate shipping that may not be trackable. I wasn't about to pay what they wanted to ship via DHL, lol.

Yeah, sometimes things get shipped on a boat, one of those huge ones stacked with shipping containers, you know? And they dont put a container on a boat until it's full - however long that may take lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech, Never Again!!! *Shakes fist* I used them gleefully for 2+ years, but my last two packages did not move at ALL for over a month - I had to email and ask about it before they started moving. Grump.

And both times I emailed, the package showed an update two days later - so I am fairly certain the packages would have sat there in China forever

Yeah at this point, I only order from them if i can't find it anywhere else, at ANY price, and make sure to do it LOOOOOOOONG in advance of when I might actually "need" it. I got one pkg last year in 11 days... so I ordered another, some xmas gifts for my son, and it was A WEEK BEFORE HALLOWEEN... I finally got them a week before xmas. :facepalm:

Andria

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah at this point, I only order from them if i can't find it anywhere else, at ANY price, and make sure to do it LOOOOOOOONG in advance of when I might actually "need" it. I got one pkg last year in 11 days... so I ordered another, some xmas gifts for my son, and it was A WEEK BEFORE HALLOWEEN... I finally got them a week before xmas. :facepalm:

Andria

Ah yeah, the first time I had to ask where my package was, I ordered right on Halloween - got it a few days after my birthday (which is December 30th)

I noticed Vapordna gets a lot of products in nowadays that are still preorders on even chinese sites...they charge a little more but that's hard to beat

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, 3 out of 4 tracking services happily report that my mod has reached it's destination country and is awaiting customs clearance.

Canada Post still doesn't reflect any information whatsoever yet, but hopefully that will change soon.

So, any week now!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Well, 3 out of 4 tracking services happily report that my mod has reached it's destination country and is awaiting customs clearance.

Canada Post still doesn't reflect any information whatsoever yet, but hopefully that will change soon.

So, any week now!

Ordering from China means you might as well grow your hair out long, plant a tree and watch it grow or wait for Haley's next comet.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some Chinese vendors use a 3rd party shipping company, so they wait for a minimum amount of packages to build up before they actually ship to get a bulk rate and many times with those 3rd party shipping companies tracking can be useless.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They attempted delivery yesterday, and I picked it up today... For anyone playing along at home. :)

As for tracking, lol. Ali still says it's waiting customs clearance, Singapore post and track 17 just say it's arrived in my country, and Canada Post is still completely worthless. Neither the original tracking number nor the delivery card notice number are in their system. No matter. I'm happy.

VU Sponsors