Become a Patron!

Rookie Vapor - Need Help

b0sslady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm fairly new to vaping and I received an Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro as a gift from my BF. I've read specs and reviews on it and it seems that type of mod is for advanced vapers. The shop that sold it to him said that it can be used for rookies too. Anyway I'm stuck with it regardless but I hear it's a good one. For a rookie? Maybe not...

My question to you guys now is - since I'm stuck with it what tanks would you recommend for me to use on it as a beginner? I read up on subohm tanks and well I don't think that would be good for a beginner. So I guess I should be looking at non sub? Preferably single coil.

Oh and it was a starter kit so it came with the iSub G which is a subohm. Should I just stick with that? What would be a good starting ohm/vv/vw or whatever? (I'll learn the lingo)

Thanks!

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As you say you are fairly new to vaping, this implies you have some experience. What tanks have you been using to this point? Are you a mouth to lung inhaler?

The MVP will handle up to 30w, so it's not necessarily ideal for sub ohm vaping per se, but as you've stated you don't really want to start off that way anyhow. I started off on the Aspire Nautilus Mini, and even though it's an older atomizer, I still readily recommend it to those trying to get their feet wet. It's easy to use, 4 airflow selections all of which are fine for mouth to lung inhaling, and it gets decent flavor. I still keep one of these in my bag and one on my desk at work for back up usage, even though I mostly use RTA's now.

If you chose this atomizer, it can be vaped anywhere from 8-10 watts or so. I found on my evod style battery and later my I stick that the sweet spot for me was around 4.2 volts using the 1.8 ohm coils that can be bought for it.

Best wishes to you. Please reply if this is of no help to you, or with any other questions. The community here is very helpful.

b0sslady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As you say you are fairly new to vaping, this implies you have some experience. What tanks have you been using to this point? Are you a mouth to lung inhaler?

The MVP will handle up to 30w, so it's not necessarily ideal for sub ohm vaping per se, but as you've stated you don't really want to start off that way anyhow. I started off on the Aspire Nautilus Mini, and even though it's an older atomizer, I still readily recommend it to those trying to get their feet wet. It's easy to use, 4 airflow selections all of which are fine for mouth to lung inhaling, and it gets decent flavor. I still keep one of these in my bag and one on my desk at work for back up usage, even though I mostly use RTA's now.

If you chose this atomizer, it can be vaped anywhere from 8-10 watts or so. I found on my evod style battery and later my I stick that the sweet spot for me was around 4.2 volts using the 1.8 ohm coils that can be bought for it.

Best wishes to you. Please reply if this is of no help to you, or with any other questions. The community here is very helpful.

The MVP I have goes up to 60w but it only handles 30w? I don't think I'll be going any higher that that anyway.

I've been using a pen style kind (not the cigarette looking one) called a Vapur. I don't have it anymore but I think it's Canadian branded. It was alright - I've been doing mouth to lung hits on that one mainly to quit smoking (sometimes lung hits but I do cough sometimes). I'd like to do both and be able to get more flavour (and vapor). I don't have any specs on that pen though. I just bought it one day when I first started out and never really researched it which I should've. Can't really find anything on Google either.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree with the Nautilus, or the mini. An older starter tank, that I do still use, would be a protank 2 or mini. I've been very happy with the flavor/vapor, I'm not so much into the sub-ohm thing. I recently acquired a Lemo Drop, which does great for flavor and vapor, but you have to build the coils on those. Maybe in your near future, you may want to venture into that area. I never thought I would, but I do enjoy it. Vaping turned into a bit of a hobby for me, never saw that coming. Welcome to the forum!

b0sslady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help so far. More suggestions appreciated!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U ! When I first started vaping I started with a Mpv2 and an Aero [old style] tank for my wife and myself. They have adjustable air flow and are very easy to use, since then they came out with the new version. They are great tanks in my opinion. The coils for the original version are rebuildable for cheap with a little practice. I still use one now and then and my wife always has used one. Hope this helps you and good luck on your choice and your vaping venture.

VU Sponsors