Become a Patron!

RTA dripping on its side

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an orchid and a lemo drop. I love the way my drilled out orchid hits, its fantastic. I also like the lemo due to its slower juice consumption and single coil build. These are my problems.
The orchid leaks like crazy, only when on it's side. I try to keep it upright, but there are times it must go non vertical. Otherwise, I know I have it wicked well since I run it continuous at 70 watts and get zero dry hits. I'm beginning to think it's impossible to avoid it leaking if tipped over at all. I mean, it has to stay almost perfectly vertical or else it drools.

My lemo doesn't leak, but I can't vape higher than 25 watts without getting an occasional dry hit.

I'm curious as to how you wick yours and what your maximum wattage is before they start cookin' wick.

Thanks.

Last edited:

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 3 orchids and I've wicked them every way possible. They always leak when on the side for an extended time. The only rebuildable tanks I've used that don't leak are kayfuns and the lemos. I really wish the orchid didn't leak, insane flavor that I love.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two orchids drilled out to 2.6mm, and a Billow. I can set the orchids on their sides for a while and they don't leak, but the billow leaks when on it's side for only a minute. Both orchids have identical .5ohm 2.5mm diam coils, wicked with jap-cotton. Generous amount of wick sitting on the deck without being in the juice channels. The other night one fell over on it's side and sat there for at least a half hour. Surprised there was no puddle of juice on the floor. If that had been the billow, there would have been a mess.

V6 in the front, V4 in the back

orchids.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors