Become a Patron!

Rta for flavor/clouds

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys. On the market for a rta that gives great flavor and good clouds. I had a goliath, but that's gone now and I have a zephyrus, but that not on the same level to me. The Billow v2 is the only thing that looks like it competes to me. Thought about the lemo 2, but I don't know.

My goliath was accidently left in NY. Damn auto correct.

Last edited:

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I like the Cthulhu, the Epoch D1, both are great dual coil attys with top fill.. the way you have to fill the Goliath is what made me park mine, at least until some after market group comes out with a replacement top section that has top fill option..

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel like a broken record when I answer this question, but the Billow V2 is pretty damn awesome! My ideal build on it is dual contact coils 6 wraps of 26g kanthal with 2.5mm ID. Usually clocks in at right around .37-.39. Excellent flavor and good cloud production, can also handle max VG juice with that build no problem.

I have zero experience with the Lemo's so I can't compare them but I've had zero complaints with the Billow V2.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm watching it now and I'm impressed. Where's the best place to buy this? I don't want this on the slow boat from China.

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I picked up mine from Monkey Bizzness Vapes on ebay, got it in like 5 days iirc.. but think that guy only had maybe 2.. I know they carry them at gearbest and fasttech, course both of them be the wait 2 months type places

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a Billow V2 for about 2 weeks now and haven't put it down. Excellent flavor, tons of vapor, hasn't leaked a drop. You separate the tank from the base to fill. I find it easy and even with a full tank, you can unscrew the tank and adjust your build without spilling a drop. I like it so much that I've already ordered a second one in black. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've had a Billow V2 for about 2 weeks now and haven't put it down. Excellent flavor, tons of vapor, hasn't leaked a drop. You separate the tank from the base to fill. I find it easy and even with a full tank, you can unscrew the tank and adjust your build without spilling a drop. I like it so much that I've already ordered a second one in black. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve
I second the billows v2 as stated by @Wingsfan0310. This RTA is by far my best experience. I use dual 26g NI200 on 2.5mm, 11 wraps gets me .056. Vaping 440 degrees, 32 joules is incredible

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
heh, I have a stack of rta's and even though I love most I still look, like at the moment I am waiting for reviews on the latest from Smok called the TFv4.. that thing has triple coil and quad coil heads as well as single and dual coil rba decks.. oh and the slickest looking top fill I have seen to date..

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have my eye on that too. I think that unit will be a game changer. Almost brought the xcube 2 also.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to give another shout out to the Billow V2. When my Goblin mini arrived I thought, "im set", then my billow came in and Im thinking it again. Im sure there will be something in 2 months that will make me feel the same, but till then, the billow v2 is the shit. Just waiting on Eciggity/EHPro to release a billow Drop tank 8)

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
the steamcrave RDTA is another option and its only $40. it has a unique design and is supposed to be a lot easier to wick than the billow.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the steamcrave RDTA is another option and its only $40. it has a unique design and is supposed to be a lot easier to wick than the billow.
i gotta say the v2 billow is as easy as it gets wicking wise, Ill check out the steamcrave

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the billow 2 is probably a great tank, but it lacks one feature that these days we should all be demanding.. top fill
there are so many now, the lemo 2, the segatank, the fury tank, the aspire triton, epoch d1, the cthulhu, kayfun 4, the up and coming smok tfv4, the assorted foggers, the zepherus.. probably more I have missed.. sorry but once you have the ability to just pop the top and fill er up why ever go back

just sayin :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
the billow 2 is probably a great tank, but it lacks one feature that these days we should all be demanding.. top fill
there are so many now, the lemo 2, the segatank, the fury tank, the aspire triton, epoch d1, the cthulhu, kayfun 4, the up and coming smok tfv4, the assorted foggers, the zepherus.. probably more I have missed.. sorry but once you have the ability to just pop the top and fill er up why ever go back

just sayin :)
Thank you for the comments regarding top fill. I however have to slightly disagree with the comment. Although the billows is a "bottom" fill tank and not classified as "top" fill, the time it takes is virtually the same. In many of the devices other than Lemo 2 (which has its own problems with the methodology used), you are basically unscrewing something or turning and removing drip tips. I find that the ability to remove the tank while leaving the build intact is a great feature. The threading on the Billows is outstanding so it goes together and comes apart very smoothly and quickly. Just my 2 cents worth.....

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I don't have any complaints about the fill method for the Billow V2. Having said that, I went from the bottom screw fill method with the Orchids and Billow 1 so it was a giant leap convenience wise anyways. I don't think it would be a dealbreaker for me but I also haven't really messed around with the topfill tanks other than the Kayfun V4 which was probably the only part I liked about that RTA lol..

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have/had most of the atty's everyone is suggesting and they're all great, but i keep going back to the Goblin with the larger tank. It's a bit of a pain to fill and doesn't have some of the features of the newer atty's, but it rocks. IMHO, it the perfect balance of flavor and clouds. I vaping it right now - .5ohms at 23 watts. Tasty, fat clouds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for the comments regarding top fill. I however have to slightly disagree with the comment. Although the billows is a "bottom" fill tank and not classified as "top" fill, the time it takes is virtually the same. In many of the devices other than Lemo 2 (which has its own problems with the methodology used), you are basically unscrewing something or turning and removing drip tips. I find that the ability to remove the tank while leaving the build intact is a great feature. The threading on the Billows is outstanding so it goes together and comes apart very smoothly and quickly. Just my 2 cents worth.....
while I can half agree that there are steps to both approaches, the top fill eliminates one entirely (removing the atty from the mod)
I own a Lemo 2, a Kayfun 4, a Cthulhu, a Epoch D1, an Esmog, and an ErlKonigin, all top fill, I also have a subtank mini, a Taifun GT 2, and a Goliath v1..
with the exception of the Kayfun 4 (which is sort of like operating a super secret decoder ring) they are very easy.
I am not sure what problems you refer to with the lemo 2, I have had zero issues with it but my juice bottles have a thin enough tip to fit in the hole..
the epoch you just pop the top - fill - and pop it back on, the cthulhu and the esmog you just unscrew the top - fill - screw it back on..
none of the above require removing the atty from the mod, and the newer stuff hitting the market are even easier

as for the billow 2, there is a list of things I do not like about it but that is strictly my personal opinion

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I loved the lemo 2 once I got it dialed in. The top fill is great idea but I must have gotten a bad one. The top turning mechanism is so tight you need tools to turn it. I lubed it and it helped but it always ended up loosing the tank resulting in leaks which made me look elsewhere. With the billows you can remove the tank while leaving the deck on the mod so it's not an issue fir me. The best part of all this discussion is to see each of our opinions and realize we all have different likes and dislikes. Life is good my friends .....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it is amazing how this industry has grown, expanded possibilities, open new doors for more people to become Ex-smokers
I love these discussions I learn something new all the time, things I might otherwise miss, views I might not see on my own..
discussions like this took me from ego atomizers to protanks to subtanks to rtas and rbas, from fixed voltage to MVP's to Isticks to IPV4's and invader minis and temperature control..
my wife laughs and reminds me when I say this is it; that it is it, until the next best thing attracts my attention then that will be it, for a while..

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Goliath v2? Or billow 2? I dig the ability to be able to shut the juice flow off for peace of mind for not leaking in the pocket gv2

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Goliath v2? Or billow 2? I dig the ability to be able to shut the juice flow off for peace of mind for not leaking in the pocket gv2
I really wish the goliath would incorporate the little sleeve around the build the way that the billow v2 does. I miss the juice flow shutoff when on its side or in my pocket or car now that im using the Billow v2. Plus IMO, the Goliath v2 is very sleek, I love its looks

VU Sponsors