Become a Patron!

RTA with EASY juice flow control + Airflow ring? single/dual coil non complex

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
hi,,

I gave up on my EXO RTA, and vaping for a bit. I need everything to be hassle free as possible with the tank in order to enjoy vaping.
EXO holds a LOT of juice for a small'ish tank, and I doubt what I get next will hold as much juice for a small'ish size.
But the EXO air flow ring was so stiff that it could never get it to close without tools or taking the tank off etc. It would unscrew the tank when I only wanted to adjust the airflow. If I removed the o-ring, it would be too loose. I guess I could have sourced out a slightly thinner o-ring and made it decent but I didn't get into all that.

I've seen this problem on so many tanks, especially if they're wet from a little juice, the knurling/grip is useless! I don't have arthritis or anything either, the grip is just not good enough.

I'm looking for recommendations for basic (nothing fancy unless it's worth it, I haven't looked at tanks in a year or so and don't know if there's any new technologies worth it), single coil or dual coil but prefer just single, must be plain unpainted stainless steel preferably 316L.

Would like recommendations for one large/medium size tank to use on triple 18650 MOD, plus one smaller tank for single 18650 MOD, both must have juice flow and good grip/knurling on the air flow and juice flow!

DTL big cloud type tank I want and MTL.

thank you.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't own any but top airflow has gained good ground in the last year or 2. To expand choices, might consider that vs juice flow control. Won't leak, just get the wicking right so it doesn't flood.

DirtySouthVaper

Member For 2 Years
Not too many RTAs have juice flow control anymore, though there are some if you're set on having that. For dual coil, the Blotto RTA has been my favorite for close to a year. For single coil, the Intake RTA has been my favorite for years, but it's getting difficult to find. The Juggerknot RTA is another great single coil RTA, but I'm not crazy about the filling method it has.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aromamizer plus v2 just came out not long ago. I'm loving it. It's 31mm though so it's big. But the basic kit holds 8ml of juice. Can also buy the mesh deck seperate if that's your fancy as well

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Wyckmix

Member For 5 Years
Only tank I use that has juice control is the QP design Fatality25. It does have nice notches for adjusting airflow, juice flow and removing the top cap. Holds 5.5ml with the bubble glass and they make a stainless one. It's a midrange priced RTA.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Aromamizer plus v2 just came out not long ago. I'm loving it. It's 31mm though so it's big. But the basic kit holds 8ml of juice. Can also buy the mesh deck seperate if that's your fancy as well

Good 1. With the decks available for it, it has everything they're looking for.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Go to InkedAtty. They're widely known for having a ton of expansion kits that could possibly give you a 10ml capacity with some rebuildables!

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good 1. With the decks available for it, it has everything they're looking for.
Yes you can get the basic kit then additional decks for 15 a piece. I didn't need the mega kit. Just the rta and the mesh deck. But I didn't get the chamber reduction tube that's recommended with the mesh. But going to order that right now that I thought about it.

Of course I believe the decks also fit in the v1 rta if you have that one. But to me any Aromamizer is great

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Falcon 2 from Horizontech is VERY , VERY , VERY good . No I am not getting paid , but it is that good . pre built insert type coils easy in and out , easy fill , it is that simple . Also the Dead Rabbit RTA is good but kinda finicky to set up ..

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
thanks,
I might get an aromamizer V2 plus, but it's gigantic, I'd use that at home though and might even extend to 18ml or 12ml on my triple 18650 I'm okay with that. I read the o-rings might be tight but the knurling on the juice flow and base seems good, but the air flow I'm not sure if will be too tight and start unscrewing the tank!

Looking for smaller tanks too for single 18650 for out and about. both the large and small would like MTL and DTL choices. With juice flow and good knurling. I might just skim through all the hundreds of RTAs on fasttech and see what I can find.

I have a list from like 2.5 years ago
things like
ijoy captain rta non-elite mini
Herakles RTA
griffin
merlin
pharaoh mini
Govad RTA (had and think I liked it, but changed to Ijoy EXO RTA since it held much more and almost same size, the EXO wasn't annoying me enough at the time I guess).

Ammit (had, and same reason as above I guess).

I nit-picked the pecs for size and ml capacity and Juice Flow or not and some of these tanks are smaller but hard if not impossible to find for sale anymore but some are,
maybe something newer came out that is small and has juice flow and good knurling since then someone can post.

Some of those might be too tight o rings and start unscrewing the tank PITA and no knurling though. I bought a gemini it seemed like a great choice of the options but was so tight I had to use pliers.

i might get a kayfun clone as a small MTL tank. The skyline clone juice control has issues I mentioned.

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
thanks.. I searched every RTA on fasttech I think, and some I previously listed but they're not available anywhere that I can find, some like the pharaoh mini, Govad etc would have been perfect as my smaller RTA for outside on my single 18650 DNA75. Seems like Fatality 25 will have to do, unecessary height from secondary airflow IMHO but for now should be ok,

and yes thanks getting aromamizer for triple 18540 at home, might extend it to like 22ml or whatever!

those two seemed to be my only options... no plastic tanks, has replaceable glass available, holds what it should for its size and no bells and whistles, although, again, the fatality IMHO rather was shorter or held more VS a second air flow taking up space.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You may want to take a look at the Zeus X.
Dual coil, not hard at all to wick, holds around 5ml, top air flow so no juice control is needed.
I've been vaping these tanks for quite a while now and have never had a problem.

Trust me, I can and have found the hidden flaws in ANY tank.
Everzon Link

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
the Fatality 25 clone problem, the top cap I could not even remove it with two pairs of pliers. you know how when you screw the tank on and secure the glass tightly by using a tool inside both the kidney juice fill holes, I use tweezers usually and make it nice and snug so when you go to remove the cap to refill it doesn't unscrew the tank, well I did that but it still unscrewed the tank and had the top fill cap stuck to the rest of the tank. I made sure to always not make the top cap too tight so that I can easily remove it but anyway it did stick together and that o ring is usually juicy anyway but still managed to get so stuck that even with 2 pliers I could not remove it. The problem too is you can't squeeze too tight with pliers or it'll bend the metal (learned this long ago on a Gemini RTA and didn't squeeze too tight on this one) but the top tank section with kidney fill holes only gives you like 1/88" room to grip pliers and other pliers for top cap is sort of in the way and I have screwed a million things together, taken engines apart and everything and know what I'm doing but this just would not budge and the pliers kept slipping on the 1/8" and snapping closed and subsequently snapping closed on the small threaded section below the kidney fills holes and it bent that into an oval as the pliers slipped. So this tank is garbage. If I were out and about would not be able to refill it.

maybe fasttech will take that info and give me at least a partial refund, for $12 most tanks aren't worth the time to get a refund especially sometimes they want you to send video etc etc but for $20 and I also had a problem with the Spica MTL which needed pliers and again barely 1/8" to grip the thing and the glass broke because of that, and I have other tanks to demo now and maybe end up with more problems that justifies a partial refund attempt (really I know FT doesn't manufacture these but I just hope the manufacturers get relayed some review info and fix these stupid problems.

now about to break in the aromizer plus v2. seems well built for now but I prefer MTL. I don't understand how vaping went in the direction away from MTL (since like protank days) to now like almost all the options are these wide bore cloud tank attys I don't like that as an everyday vape it's like to inhale this thing is how people breath into a brown paper bag hyperventilating lol it makes you cough to vape like this, it's like a trick-vape like here hit this, cough cough! even with airflow reducers and airflow almost completely off I just prefer the MTLs, the SPICA is damn good of a vape except the coil is so small I think it thinks it's shorting out with juice connecting to the posts as if it's one whole piece shorting out the deck, and the juice flow didn't line up for once and is when I had to take pliers to it.

REally they just need to make these with protruding nipples/cylinders on any part that needs to be unscrewed so they can't get stuck so easily and be a potential nightmare if stuck.

Wyckmix

Member For 5 Years
Not sure how the Fatality clone is constructed, but top cap on the Fatality is reverse threaded so it'd be impossible to unscrew the tank when removing the top cap.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
the Fatality 25 clone problem, the top cap I could not even remove it with two pairs of pliers. you know how when you screw the tank on and secure the glass tightly by using a tool inside both the kidney juice fill holes, I use tweezers usually and make it nice and snug so when you go to remove the cap to refill it doesn't unscrew the tank, well I did that but it still unscrewed the tank and had the top fill cap stuck to the rest of the tank. I made sure to always not make the top cap too tight so that I can easily remove it but anyway it did stick together and that o ring is usually juicy anyway but still managed to get so stuck that even with 2 pliers I could not remove it. The problem too is you can't squeeze too tight with pliers or it'll bend the metal (learned this long ago on a Gemini RTA and didn't squeeze too tight on this one) but the top tank section with kidney fill holes only gives you like 1/88" room to grip pliers and other pliers for top cap is sort of in the way and I have screwed a million things together, taken engines apart and everything and know what I'm doing but this just would not budge and the pliers kept slipping on the 1/8" and snapping closed and subsequently snapping closed on the small threaded section below the kidney fills holes and it bent that into an oval as the pliers slipped. So this tank is garbage. If I were out and about would not be able to refill it.

maybe fasttech will take that info and give me at least a partial refund, for $12 most tanks aren't worth the time to get a refund especially sometimes they want you to send video etc etc but for $20 and I also had a problem with the Spica MTL which needed pliers and again barely 1/8" to grip the thing and the glass broke because of that, and I have other tanks to demo now and maybe end up with more problems that justifies a partial refund attempt (really I know FT doesn't manufacture these but I just hope the manufacturers get relayed some review info and fix these stupid problems.

now about to break in the aromizer plus v2. seems well built for now but I prefer MTL. I don't understand how vaping went in the direction away from MTL (since like protank days) to now like almost all the options are these wide bore cloud tank attys I don't like that as an everyday vape it's like to inhale this thing is how people breath into a brown paper bag hyperventilating lol it makes you cough to vape like this, it's like a trick-vape like here hit this, cough cough! even with airflow reducers and airflow almost completely off I just prefer the MTLs, the SPICA is damn good of a vape except the coil is so small I think it thinks it's shorting out with juice connecting to the posts as if it's one whole piece shorting out the deck, and the juice flow didn't line up for once and is when I had to take pliers to it.

REally they just need to make these with protruding nipples/cylinders on any part that needs to be unscrewed so they can't get stuck so easily and be a potential nightmare if stuck.
In the last few years there HAS been a lot of attys manuf'd that are capable of big af. There's also been a lot of single coil, and single coil w/rdl. While this year has seen some awesome big air > rdl, imo mtl has really boomed in terms of new to market.

If your second [smaller for single 18650] is mtl, then jfc isn't really a priority, right?

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you like the Aromamizer plus take a look at the Aromamizer Supreme v3....

VU Sponsors