Become a Patron!

Safe vaping for 3-battery mod - Is my setup safe?

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys, I am using a Wismec RX250, which is a 3-battery mod wired in series. Of course this is a regulated mod, but I have a tendency to treat all mods as non-regulated just for safety's sake. I have made two coils and my ohm meter is giving me a readout of 0.17 ohms, which is a wee bit scary for me because I'm used to building around 0.22 to 0.40. Now my mod's display says I am putting out 17.5 amps at 100 watts. I've been told that this is actually the amount of current you're putting through the coils, and that's not to be trusted. I used Ohm's Law to calculate the current I'm putting through my batteries using the formula Amps = the squareroot of watts divided by ohms and came up with 24.4 amps. Now in a single battery setup, I know that this would be a little bit dangerous because the batteries I'm using are only rated for 20 ohms (I'm using identical batteries, as always), but how would that fare in a 3-battery mod wired in series? Do I multiply the battery rating by 3 to get a max output of 60 amps since I'm using 3 batteries, or is there some other formula involved?

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're welcome.

Liionwholesale.com(trusted battery vendor) also has a regulated mod battery calculator on their site.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That helps a lot. That puts me at 16.79 amps, which is well within the safe zone AFAIK.

VU Sponsors