Become a Patron!

Sarah showed up

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Firstly, I am an ex smoker that switched to vaping in March of 2015 with Innokin VV2 and VV3 devices. A couple months later, so did my mother. She still uses hers. I am currently using an iJoy RDTA box mod. Lately, I've been looking at reviews to consider a much better mod. So far, I am considering the Smoke Mag kit. I am growing tired of having to replace mods when the batteries no longer last a whole day.
I decided to join a vaping forum in order to access information from those who actually use vapes, rather than just trust those whom are selling them.
The only time I ever bought a device from a brick and mortar store, was when I paid double the fair market price. Since then, I went with what I knew, and just ordered more Innokins. Then, I had to go to something else, since those devices were getting hard to find.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU Sarah - glad you joined :wave:

I'd avoid Smok products if you are looking for longevity

If you ever consider squonking, would be glad to help you out :)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to underground Sarah :wave:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Sarah good to meet you and welcome, Lots of friendly and helpful folks here to help you on your journey

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Firstly, I am an ex smoker that switched to vaping in March of 2015 with Innokin VV2 and VV3 devices. A couple months later, so did my mother. She still uses hers. I am currently using an iJoy RDTA box mod. Lately, I've been looking at reviews to consider a much better mod. So far, I am considering the Smoke Mag kit. I am growing tired of having to replace mods when the batteries no longer last a whole day.
I decided to join a vaping forum in order to access information from those who actually use vapes, rather than just trust those whom are selling them.
The only time I ever bought a device from a brick and mortar store, was when I paid double the fair market price. Since then, I went with what I knew, and just ordered more Innokins. Then, I had to go to something else, since those devices were getting hard to find.
In my experience, Smok mods are junk. Especially the Alien 220's. I know more than a few people that had to toss the Smok mods in the trash.
Some people on here have good luck with them though.
I am currently using the Smoant Charon TC 218, Smoant Battlestar and the VooPoo Drag. They are working great. They use 2 18650 batteries and they look great.
Welcome!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Sarah, and welcome! I've had excellent service from Sigelei mods, but they have all been 90w or 75w, so no big old monsters for me. The 75w is built like a brick sh*thouse, with heavy stainless panels on both sides of the mod. That one I ordered from efun.top just a few weeks ago for $14.95 plus shipping - right at $20 altogether. I've had two Sigelei Spark 90w mods for years now and never had a thing go wrong with either one. One of their current models is the Fuchai that's about 200w, and they also make a Snow Wolf, if you wanna go big.

I just told my son a couple of weeks ago that I've NEVER had a Smok tank that didn't leak. Just my experience. I won't buy Kanger tanks any more either.

I'm mostly MTL, so if you're into sub-ohm, I can't help you there except to say that I've had good experience with Aspire tanks in general (after I had some help with my Triton Mini yesterday from folks here at VU). I have Aspire Vivi Novas that are years old, that I can still get coils for and they still vape very well for MTL. Reviews that I've read, the only Aspire tank that people really don't seem to like is the Nautilus X. I haven't tried it, so I don't personally know. My only sub-ohm tank is a Zephyrus that I got on clearance, and it just blows my mind it's so wonderful. I filled it with 3mg "Vanilla Clouds" from Vape Wild and it's dessert with every draw. :D

One more thing before I wrap up this sermon. If you buy a mod, buy good batteries (Sony, Samsung, LG), make sure they are at least 30A and somewhere upwards of 2500 mAh, and get an intelligent charger that won't overcharge them. Even if the mod comes with a charging cable, it isn't good to always charge the batteries while they're in the mod.
Best of luck!

Jane

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Sarah, and welcome! I've had excellent service from Sigelei mods, but they have all been 90w or 75w, so no big old monsters for me. The 75w is built like a brick sh*thouse, with heavy stainless panels on both sides of the mod. That one I ordered from efun.top just a few weeks ago for $14.95 plus shipping - right at $20 altogether. I've had two Sigelei Spark 90w mods for years now and never had a thing go wrong with either one. One of their current models is the Fuchai that's about 200w, and they also make a Snow Wolf, if you wanna go big.

I just told my son a couple of weeks ago that I've NEVER had a Smok tank that didn't leak. Just my experience. I won't buy Kanger tanks any more either.

I'm mostly MTL, so if you're into sub-ohm, I can't help you there except to say that I've had good experience with Aspire tanks in general (after I had some help with my Triton Mini yesterday from folks here at VU). I have Aspire Vivi Novas that are years old, that I can still get coils for and they still vape very well for MTL. Reviews that I've read, the only Aspire tank that people really don't seem to like is the Nautilus X. I haven't tried it, so I don't personally know. My only sub-ohm tank is a Zephyrus that I got on clearance, and it just blows my mind it's so wonderful. I filled it with 3mg "Vanilla Clouds" from Vape Wild and it's dessert with every draw. :D

One more thing before I wrap up this sermon. If you buy a mod, buy good batteries (Sony, Samsung, LG), make sure they are at least 30A and somewhere upwards of 2500 mAh, and get an intelligent charger that won't overcharge them. Even if the mod comes with a charging cable, it isn't good to always charge the batteries while they're in the mod.
Best of luck!

Jane
Having done a little lurking, so far, I was looking into an eleaf istick 200w dual (but it sold out) topped by a vandy vapes Kylin. I'll have to do another search Friday for a decent inexpensive device that is not a piece of shit.
I could have got the istick for half of the price of the cheapest I've seen around. Being on social security, I can't spend a ton of money on a device. That's why I want something with replaceable batteries and rebuildable coils.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just a suggestion - check the "Blowout Clearance Sale" section at evcigarettes.com if you haven't already. They always have that link listed under the "Shop" tab, and sometimes you can find real steals there. Also the guy at Fluid Vapor has some sub-ohm tanks with really good user feedback for $9.99 (Uwell Crown V1, Aspire Atlantis and others), and an eLeaf Pico dual mod for $19.00 or thereabouts. I look for bargains because I've got a million things that need money thrown at them, like grown kids who don't make enough money to pay their bills.

I want to order a Sigelei X Tank from FT. I am salivating over it. Think it's about 10 bucks, but I really don't need it, so I'm trying to restrain myself.

Buying this stuff is addictive.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
eLeaf Pico dual mod for $19.00 or thereabouts.

I looked, and failed to find one. The only istick there has a built in battery.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you go to www.fluidvaper.com, the eLeaf Pico dual is on the front page, first device on the left. It doesn't say "dual" but that's what it is. (not an iStick)

That would probably be an ok combo with the Aspire Atlantis for $9.99 (it just says "Aspire") on that same front page, on the far right. I'd love to have one of those Crown tanks, but the coils are a bit expensive and hard to find unless you order them from FastTech.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
eLeaf Pico dual mod for $19.00 or thereabouts.

I looked, and failed to find one. The only istick there has a built in battery.

Eleaf iStick 60W TC Box Mod

IME this is best iStick ever made - mine are almost three years old - both have survived at least one drop per week, breezed through leaks on end while I spend months (slow learner, lol) trying to learn to build RTAs and have not missed a beat when lost in the trunk of my car in Alaska in the dead of winter in sub zero temps

I'm a smaller sized woman and they feel great in the hand - I really like the other iSticks, but these are my favorite - and yes, I have more expensive, powerful devises and always go back to my oldies but goodies

However, I am still a low wattage chain vaper and don't give a flip about TC and all that other jazz

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you go to www.fluidvaper.com, the eLeaf Pico dual is on the front page, first device on the left. It doesn't say "dual" but that's what it is.

That would probably be an ok combo with the Aspire Atlantis for $9.99 (it just says "Aspire") on that same front page. I'd love to have one of those Crown tanks, but the coils are a bit expensive and hard to find unless you order them from FastTech.
Bookmarked it. If they still have it Friday, I'll get it. The only other consideration I have at the moment is the geekvape aegis. But, I'd have to add a side pocket to the case I make for it, to carry an extra battery or two.

VU Sponsors