Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Really wish it would do that here. This drought is ridiculous.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ITS RAINING?
SHIT!!

Yea.....ok
thumbnail_IMG_1308_zpsbvse6jel.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd be thrilled even with frozen precipitation at this point. It would help put out the fire in the chattahoochee nat'l forest!

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ITS RAINING?

Yeah dude, you got some rain. Less than an inch in most places, but you probably heard about the flooding and rescues.

I found out about this because my 70+ year-old mom emailed me from the SG Valley and said it had sprinkled and that "more is on the way... hurray!"

She has never typed an emotion-related word in her life. That's how dry your shit is over there.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh, one more thing...
I used to collect good/bad headlines to teach news writers how not to suck. Perfect example right here:

On the boring, shitty, this-means-nothing-to-anyone side, from CNN:
Photo of Trump-Kobach Meeting Reveals Apparent DHS Proposal

On the edgy, people-will-click-on-this side, from Jezebel:
Guy Who Wants to Run Department of Homeland Security Carrying Around Sensitive Documents Like a Goober

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, one more thing...
I used to collect good/bad headlines to teach news writers how not to suck. Perfect example right here:

On the boring, shitty, this-means-nothing-to-anyone side, from CNN:
Photo of Trump-Kobach Meeting Reveals Apparent DHS Proposal

On the edgy, people-will-click-on-this side, from Jezebel:
Guy Who Wants to Run Department of Homeland Security Carrying Around Sensitive Documents Like a Goober

A goober is a peanut, so I think she actually meant to say "gooberhead". :giggle: It's a common epithet here in GA. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pretty dang chilly here; 48. I don't mind this kind of weather though; I get to wear my leather jacket. :)

Andria

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UNTOLD HISTORY OF THE USA documentary by Oliver stone is ducking AWESOME.. watching it again for the 3rd time...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you are the parent of a millenial, and that millenial is lazy and has no work ethic, remind me to kick your ass when I get home.

Typos brought to you by: Crapatalk!

what's the actual definition of a "millenial"?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I looked it up. Apparently my son is a millenial, being born in 1988. He might be a smidge lazy, but has a good work ethic -- he got it from his dad. :) (who goes to work unless he's calling in DEAD.)

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I looked it up. Apparently my son is a millenial, being born in 1988. He might be a smidge lazy, but has a good work ethic -- he got it from his dad. (who goes to work unless he's calling in DEAD.)
No, that would make your son Generation Y. Millenials are the ones born after 2000. So, really, I guess my gripe at work is with the Gen Y'ers who were born in the mid to late 90s. Lazy, gabby, goofin' off and yackin' the whole time everyone else is working their ass off. Man they work slowly. I have no patience for that in the workplace.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are the parent of a millenial, and that millenial is lazy and has no work ethic, remind me to kick your ass when I get home.

Typos brought to you by: Crapatalk!

Millenial: Well, I DO feel that life owes me a paycheck. SOMEONE keeps insisting that I am also entitled to a good job (Thanks Mom), but I don't want that...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, that would make your son Generation Y. Millenials are the ones born after 2000. So, really, I guess my gripe at work is with the Gen Y'ers who were born in the mid to late 90s. Lazy, gabby, goofin' off and yackin' the whole time everyone else is working their ass off. Man they work slowly. I have no patience for that in the workplace.

When I looked it up, it said starting with those born around 1978, and ending with those born around 2004, or, that it was synonymous with "Gen Y"; the generation just after Gen X.

It always amazed me that the Baby Boom started in 1946... yet I'm a member of it, born in '61, since the cutoff is '64.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I looked it up, it said starting with those born around 1978, and ending with those born around 2004, or, that it was synonymous with "Gen Y"; the generation just after Gen X.

It always amazed me that the Baby Boom started in 1946... yet I'm a member of it, born in '61, since the cutoff is '64.

Andria
We've read different things, LOL. What I can say is that this current younger generation of "kids" that are old enough to be working, probably even of drinking age, have ZERO gumption. It just stuns me when I see their lack of effort all freakin' day, then I'm asked by someone to go do their job because I'm so much faster than they are. I'm more than twice their age, in some cases. Just ridiculous, and I'm not used to it, I suppose, LOL. With all that said, I do really love what I do and I'm just grateful for the job.

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That right there is the exact reason why I tend to not associate with people around my age. I have always hung around those that are significantly older, as I cannot stand the laziness and entitlement that many in my generation have. I learned from my parents that hard work pays off, and I have applied that to every single task I do. It used to aggravate me working in restaurants to see the guy who is 50+ run circles around the younger guys in my kitchens. Now, Im not trying to say that anybody who is older cannot move fast, what I am saying is that there is 0 reason as to why somebody who is 20 years old cannot work hard and efficiently. I fear for when my generation becomes the ones that are running the world, I see the lack of hard work, the lack of pride, the lack of wanting to work for something, instead of having it handed to you.

I work with Medicaid at my job, and the angriest letters and phone calls always come from those that are under 30, screaming and yelling as to why their health insurance was cut off because they failed to take action on their account and do basic things to meet guidelines. With a few exceptions most of the people who are 30+ understand fully that it was their fault they lost insurance, and just want to get it back up and running. Meanwhile you get a 25 year old calling up screaming about how its bullshit that we cut them off from the insurance, and they shouldn't have to do X Y and Z to keep their insurnace when they are "entitled" to it.

I'm 23, I have a 3.5 month old son, a GF who is a stay at home mom, my own car, my own apartment, multiple hobbies for both of us, and I bust my ass to provide the best that I can for myself and my family. It's not that hard to do, but for some reason, for this generation its impossible for them to find a work ethic.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My own experience was that before I married and had a child, I was always too distracted by hormones (and other things) to really spend much energy on the idea of work -- all the way thru high school, and in my first jobs -- work was just something you did because you needed money, not because you actually cared about anything you were doing. Those "other things," in my case, were (unfortunately) drugs and alcohol, which also have a very distracting effect. Once I got off drugs, got married (to my 2nd husband), had a child, and got sober, suddenly I had an amazing work ethic, because I finally understood the reason WHY, and I was also not distracted by hormones and other psychoactive substances.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm 23, I have a 3.5 month old son, a GF who is a stay at home mom, my own car, my own apartment, multiple hobbies for both of us, and I bust my ass to provide the best that I can for myself and my family. It's not that hard to do, but for some reason, for this generation its impossible for them to find a work ethic.

SO much good truth in that post, but as a very experienced parent, the bolded part may possibly be the greatest gift you could possibly give your children. A pretty nice gift for the rest of society too.

I don't think it is a coincidence that not a one of my 4 kids ever spent a minute in day care, and all 4 turned out to be fantastic, honest, and caring people. Never an encounter for any of them with school officials, police, almost SCARY. If it wasn't for the obvious physical features, I'd have to wonder if they were mine.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I work with Medicaid at my job
OhMyGod, my condolences. Seriously. Been there, done that, but was on the prescription end of it. I still am, but no longer in the areas that I deal with customers at the face to face level. When I was, I worked in a very high welfare area and did it all day long.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the bright side I've been dozing on and off on the couch since them. My brain apparently decided it was actually off and shut down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a damn shame they always have terrible sales, and B&M Style markups on all items. They have one of the largest selections, yet I won't ever buy from them since they are always able to be beat on price.

VU Sponsors