Become a Patron!

Seeking experienced users advice

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just talking plain wire. You can definitely heat claptons way higher than single wire.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
Yes you can, I've ran single 28g on my series mods before I started making my own Claptons. That's 8+volts

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes you can, I've ran single 28g on my series mods before I started making my own Claptons. That's 8+volts

When I tried 28 gauge at high watts it burnt my cotton because it gets too hot and was glowing.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't remember. It was like probably 3 years ago. If I had to guess back then probably 1 ohm 6 wraps.

1 ohm with 28g is around 10 with a 3mm di ;)

BuildingEducation

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't want to argue here people I just wanna learn. And help where I can as limited as that may be
But some of the comments I've see just don't make sense.... otherwise great discussion

BuildingEducation

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never want to stake discussion because I like to learn and adopt if desirable. I had a specific query a few hours ago and in pm found some agreement. I'm going to experiment further tomorrow outside my comfort zone and I'll re engage at that point. It comes down to preference. So I'll try to re enter then. Hope you all have a great night or great day and hope to come back to this shortly ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
diameter. I've been vaping for 5 years and I've never used that high of ohms. I prefer.3 to .6 ohms

If you wrapped 28g around 2.4di that would explain burning the cotton. With 6 wraps that's around 0.5 ohms. To crank up the power with smaller wire you need more cotton and higher ohms.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of good info here. I'm sure you'll enjoy the coilmaster v4 jig if it comes with that kit, I ordered one and have been using it. Much easier than winding by hand on something like a drill bit. At least once you get the hang of it, took me once or twice to feel how to lightly twist with little to no pressure between the two handles. The wire wraps itself and too much pressure along the coiling rod from either handle causes the wire to wrap up onto itself. Plus it has a pretty good range from 1.5mm to 4mm which is nearly all most people would need from one extreme to another.

Just my opinion, I like ss316L. It's versatile and does well for both power and tc without worrying which mode it's in and since I go back and forth that's a perk. I'd also agree that aside from variables of wire gauge, wrap diameter, # of wraps etc the resistance doesn't matter a whole lot provided it's within range of what the mod can do (since you mentioned a regulated mod). I vape almost solely dl and have had coils at 1.2 ohm (single coil) that do just fine for direct lung.

There was mention of the coil glowing red and burning the wick while wicked and juiced. Was the coil essentially being 'dry fired' but with juiced wick threaded through the coil? It's probably likely it will burn the wick, just like holding down the fire button without taking a pull off it. No airflow to cool the coil. If you dry fire or pulse a bare coil with no wick and see it glow red, try blowing across it a little. Most of the time the glow will quickly fade, while vaping your inhaling air and drawing it past the coil so during normal use I doubt it's glowing cherry red unless the power is set too high for the build.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The point you are making is moot, if they don't like to vape MTL at high resistance. My wife and I vape at opposite ways of vaping. We could not trade mods and atties and be happy.

So if you want to solve the battery issue and keep vaping the same way, you need to change the mod and batter capacity. For me, that was moving to an IJoy LUX and dual 26650 batteries. Now one set lasts all day, rather than changing batteries 2-3 times a day.
For me, that was moving from a Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 and triple VTC5A batteries to a Wismec Reuleaux RX300 and quad VTC5A batteries. The VTC5A is 25A CDR and 2500 mAh, but the RX300 is still a clunky mod so not a perfect solution for everyone, BUT... vaping it at .11 ohms and 140 watts with a pair of staple staggered fused claptons really is nice.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well last week on the same day it got officially released I bought a Surric X Vault Timeless Edition (dual 18650 in series) box mod. Right now I'm vaping my 27mm Mason Advocate RDA on it with dual coil aliens at .25 ohms that I made by simply grabbing two alien coils from my 7-in-1 Demon Killer box of premade coils I had still lying around and reducing their inner diameter to 2.5mm as well as adding two more wraps to each one, and I never thought I'd like these coils very much... but I thought wrong. :)

BuildingEducation

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man have to give props to Amazon. Ordered the coil master v3 kit including v4 jig and everything I could ever need for now came with it. Just finished making dual 316L Claptons and getting great vapor good flavor on my combo rdta with alot less wattage / power consumption than the super large pre made aliens / Claptons I was using. So I felt this would be the result I anticipated and thank you all for having a dialogue..... while we are at it anyone have or know of a tremendous flavor and vapor rdta I should check out? * oh props to Amazon cos I ordered it late last night and it was here at 8am

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well last week on the same day it got officially released I bought a Surric X Vault Timeless Edition (dual 18650 in series) box mod. Right now I'm vaping my 27mm Mason Advocate RDA on it with dual coil aliens at .25 ohms that I made by simply grabbing two alien coils from my 7-in-1 Demon Killer box of premade coils I had still lying around and reducing their inner diameter to 2.5mm as well as adding two more wraps to each one, and I never thought I'd like these coils very much... but I thought wrong. :)
That's over 32a, you really don't want to go below 0.4 ohms.

Ah forgot, you know how to pulse, no worries then.

For me though that's way too hot, I like taking longer than 1-2 second pulls, I like to enjoy my Vape ;)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's over 32a, you really don't want to go below 0.4 ohms.

Ah forgot, you know how to pulse, no worries then.

For me though that's way too hot, I like taking longer than 1-2 second pulls, I like to enjoy my Vape ;)

It's got a potentiometer on it, and I don't bite my fingernails anymore so I am capable to use it. ;)

VU Sponsors