Become a Patron!

Selecting Best RTA

kilewa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi! I just purchased the TFV8 Cloud Beast about 3 weeks ago. It isn't an RTA, but RBA is close enough. It seems fine for self-made coils that don't need much juice flow, but I made one with 4 coils and keep getting dry hits. It has a 2 post setup for 2 coils, but I managed to get 4 in there. The problem seems to be that I need larger holes for the collection of juice.

My budget is about $50 for a new RTA with more juice flow. I would like it to be able to handle 0.11 ohms (even lower would be better). Would also like to be able to fit 4 coils with some jimmy-rigging. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Boreas is a great tank. One of my personal favorites. The Alleria is nice as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

kilewa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After looking at the Boreas, it seems to not have a larger juice collection hole :/

kilewa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alleria looks good for juice flow. Looks like there isn't much room to build. Sorry I am too picky haha.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi! I just purchased the TFV8 Cloud Beast about 3 weeks ago. It isn't an RTA, but RBA is close enough. It seems fine for self-made coils that don't need much juice flow, but I made one with 4 coils and keep getting dry hits. It has a 2 post setup for 2 coils, but I managed to get 4 in there. The problem seems to be that I need larger holes for the collection of juice.

My budget is about $50 for a new RTA with more juice flow. I would like it to be able to handle 0.11 ohms (even lower would be better). Would also like to be able to fit 4 coils with some jimmy-rigging. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Using the RBA deck on the TFV8 makes it an RTA. RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, as in any atomizer that you can rebuild coils and has a tank

A lot of the jargon can be confusing i know.

With that said, the supreme gets a lot of love here as does the Griffin 25. Also you can get an RDTA which is the same but the tank is under the build deck not around it. But the functionality is pretty much the same. A good choice with that is the Avacado 24.

Any RTA or RDTA you buy will pretty much be under 50 bucks, I don't know of many that are more

Also make sure your box can handle the .11 ohms most do. it's not really the atomizer you worry about with resistance, it's the mod and batteries

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I was thinking about doing a thread in the new vapors area about how bigger =/= better. I think i'll try and whip it up tonight. With an aster eleaf 75 watt mod (25 bucks) and an aeronaut clone (20 bucks) with a 3 wrap fused clapton at .17 ohms, I can get clouds and flavor like the 200+ dollar 250 watt setups easily.

Torturedzen

Member For 4 Years
Unless Augvape has corrected their machining on the Alleria, I would not recommend it. Too many problems with those jangly threads which makes it unreliable, IMO. Mine has literally fallen apart, several times with a loaded tank, while adjusting JF. You're much better off with the Boreas.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
After looking at the Boreas, it seems to not have a larger juice collection hole :/

Oh man, you should see how much juice the Boreas stores in the "well". The thing just bubbles like crazy as it fills that reservoir

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless Augvape has corrected their machining on the Alleria, I would not recommend it. Too many problems with those jangly threads which makes it unreliable, IMO. Mine has literally fallen apart, several times with a loaded tank, while adjusting JF. You're much better off with the Boreas.
My machining on mine isn't bad. I will say that the black one seems smoother than the SS. I also wish the top cap was beefier with some thicker knurling. The tank has really grown on me but at first I didn't like it at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry I am too picky haha.
No, too picky is:
Preferred single coil, but adapter will work
Needs to be 24mm or less
Preferred 3ml but 4ml will do
NO RDTA
MUST NOT LEAK
Airy MTL, but not a DtoL

That list? It's mine. Everyone hates me.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, too picky is:
Needs to be 24mm or less
NO RDTA
MUST NOT LEAK
Airy MTL, but not a DtoL

picky picky picky... haha.. it's all good.. so what tank/tanks fit that bill @Huckleberried ie - your tanks of choice? :wave:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks in advance!
http://www.madmodderstudios.com/store/p13/_Stainless_Modfather_30mm_RTA.html

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was using the TFV8 with the RBA last night. Mine wicked well enough that I could vape it dry in 20 minutes with no dry hits until the last one. Loosen the wicks up on yours maybe? Full disclosure, mine leeked a bit when vacuum was broken so it might not be the best indicator of how you want to set yours up.

Burke

Member For 4 Years
I would suggest the sense herakles rta 4. I have 2 of them running identical builds, neither leak or dry hit. My build is a .19ohm quad clapton at 125w. The wire is a 24/34 clapton wire.

d8c667a1f80256bd9614beb11c0ab3f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kilewa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the replies! A lot to absorb, but I wanted to thank you guys for taking the time first.

kilewa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Dumptank 40mm looks just incredible! It is 50% more than my max $50 but I may have to spring for it. The herakles rta 4 has a good deal of build space too, but that 40mm just knocks it out of the park. Not putting down any of the other ideas, but this Dumptank is crazy!

* I have a 250 watt mod that can handle it. Cheap mod requiring 3 batteries because the chipset is power-hungry.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest the sense herakles rta 4. I have 2 of them running identical builds, neither leak or dry hit. My build is a .19ohm quad clapton at 125w. The wire is a 24/34 clapton wire.

d8c667a1f80256bd9614beb11c0ab3f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's really similar to a griffin. How does a build like that wick? Do the top coils stay wet enough?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, too picky is:
Needs to be 24mm or less
NO RDTA
MUST NOT LEAK
Airy MTL, but not a DtoL

My list is close.... Why no RDTA? For me it's... No RDA because Genesis and RDTA exist. RDA only when running squonker.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My list is close.... Why no RDTA? For me it's... No RDA because Genesis and RDTA exist. RDA only when running squonker.
LOL, since I made that post, I do have a Serpent RDTA, and I like it, though I wish it held more. I have a few RDA's, but I never use them, not even for testing out juice.

VU Sponsors