Become a Patron!

Self Control :)

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys and gals.... so after first month of vaping I have come across another issue.... lack of control.

Every time I meet my vapelegger (pun on bootlegger) I end up buying something or the other and try and justify the purchase.

So far I have got:
1 Smok R80 kit
1 target mini kit
1 Smok alien kit
1 wismec RC 2/3
1 tvfA8 tank
Coil master
Cotton bacon pack

And now I am tempted to get the u well crown tank.

Based on online research the prices are on the lower scale maybe coz the guy is not paying any tax. Got my alien kit for usd 50.

Is this normal or m I going in too deep..... I love all the purchases though now trying to swap the R80 for some juices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's called GAS, gear acquisition syndrome.....something that bites many of us. Difference between myself and many of the other GAS sufferers, is I PIF a lot of my gear, so I usually only have 6 or 7 mods at a time. If I kept every one, I would be somewhere around 30 mods, and of course..every mod must have its very own atty.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I am not the only one.... awesome so I can surely get my u well crown. Has anyone tried this tank. Online reviews are good

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys and gals.... so after first month of vaping I have come across another issue.... lack of control.

Every time I meet my vapelegger (pun on bootlegger) I end up buying something or the other and try and justify the purchase.

So far I have got:
1 Smok R80 kit
1 target mini kit
1 Smok alien kit
1 wismec RC 2/3
1 tvfA8 tank
Coil master
Cotton bacon pack

And now I am tempted to get the u well crown tank.

Based on online research the prices are on the lower scale maybe coz the guy is not paying any tax. Got my alien kit for usd 50.

Is this normal or m I going in too deep..... I love all the purchases though now trying to swap the R80 for some juices.

Hell, you're just beginning, give it a year, then post the equipment......:vino:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My first year, all I had was a Kanger Nano kit and a Subtank Mini I bought because the Nano tank was so damn tiny. Then I found VU...
Now I've bought 4 mods, 6 tanks, 2 rda's, 12 batts, a charger, and I'm building my own advanced coils(along with all the nifty tools that entails) in the past 3 months.
So I'd say you've got one foot in the rabbit hole and the other on a banana peel.

Last edited:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started out squonking at the top....a custom classics in brass, so most other squonkers don't appeal to me much, like the 3d printed ones for example...but I have been wanting a regulated squonker for quite some time. finally bit the bullet on a vt inbox dna75.....can't wait, but they estimate the ship date to be 2/16 :gaah::cuss2::tantrum:

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

lol. That's everyone here. Buying stuff we don't need. Trading shit we don't like for more shit we don't need. Gotta have 30 rda's and 20 tanks. We are like a bunch of damn pirates raping and pillaging all the vape sites when a new mod or atty comes out. But, its still better than collecting bic's, Marlboro Miles and tar in our lungs.

Welcome aboard matey! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:cheers:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol. That's everyone here. Buying stuff we don't need. Trading shit we don't like for more shit we don't need. Gotta have 30 rda's and 20 tanks. We are like a bunch of damn pirates raping and pillaging all the vape sites when a new mod or atty comes out. But, its still better than collecting bic's, Marlboro Miles and tar in our lungs.

30 RDA's and 20 Tanks?

Like I said Rookies :p

Oh I've got way to much shit, but damn isn't it fun....................

Smoking was never this enjoyable

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will never stock up that much....I like to give away things that don't see use anymore....that gives other people a chance to enjoy them, or to try out vaping, and helps me keep my stock (and maintenance day) manageable :vino:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Not *everyone*. :D

The first year of vaping, it's important to build up a decent hardware collection, just because shit happens, and it seems to happen to vape gear with more regularity and frequency than to anything else I've ever seen.

If you keep buying insanely after that first year... that may be a compulsion. :D Once you find the *just right* vape and *just right* ejuice (whether it's bought juice or DIY), then buying more than you actually *need* to support that vaping style is called "shinyitis". A LOT of vapers do have it... but not *everyone*.

I haven't bought a single thing for vaping since June of last year. But it looks like I need to order some Shisha Strawberry soon, I'm just about down to one 100ml bottle.

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The first year of vaping, it's important to build up a decent hardware collection, just because shit happens, and it seems to happen to vape gear with more regularity and frequency than to anything else I've ever seen.

If you keep buying insanely after that first year... that may be a compulsion. :D Once you find the *just right* vape and *just right* ejuice (whether it's bought juice or DIY), then buying more than you actually *need* to support that vaping style is called "shinyitis". A LOT of vapers do have it... but not *everyone*.

I haven't bought a single thing for vaping since June of last year. But it looks like I need to order some Shisha Strawberry soon, I'm just about down to one 100ml bottle.

Andria

Yep and also after the pre Aug 8 FDA deadline build the Apocalypse Stash I'm still buying but much more selective now. I'm only buying gear that really peaks my interest and/or it's for rotating out cheaper/lesser quality gear out of the Stash for higher end gear. I'm much more selective now along with more solid in my Vaping style/preference.

And a picture of the warehouse you are renting to store it!

Warehouse? My Apartment has become my Vape Warehouse ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I managed to not order a Wraith for $22.
Did not need another squonker.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I managed to not order a Wraith for $22.
Did not need another squonker.
Yes you do
glitter-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Andria
speaking of shinyitus.....how is that custom engraved coolfire you bought? :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 19 mods and too many tanks and RDA's to count. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
speaking of shinyitus.....how is that custom engraved coolfire you bought? :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

That I bought in July of 2015???? The pink one they did by mistake, which I got at cost, is just fine; the red one I actually ordered is showing its age; the clear-coat is starting to get bubbles in it. :(

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yep and also after the pre Aug 8 FDA deadline build the Apocalypse Stash I'm still buying but much more selective now. I'm only buying gear that really peaks my interest and/or it's for rotating out cheaper/lesser quality gear out of the Stash for higher end gear. I'm much more selective now along with more solid in my Vaping style/preference.

Very similar to my strategy -

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
After 20 or so mods some still brand new in the box, I keep buying. You know boys with toys or stocked to the gills for the vapepocalipse. Or is it I enjoy vaping and enjoy a selection depending on my mood. The point is what ever you can afford and be comfortable with and what makes you happy.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Wanna trade decks for the Boreas :teehee: ?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm more one of the oddballs. Most of the devices were in my conversion phase from smoking, starting with cigalikes to vape pens (and a few tanks for those) to a regulated mod and rta. Took me a bit to decide if I liked it, if it was going to work for me etc. Since then though I really haven't bought a lot of hardware.

My first istick tc100w the firing button died so I bought a replacement. That was last summer, been using the replacement istick tc100w since. I've been vaping for 7-8mo using a single rta and mod. I did just recently pick up a smok alien and a couple other rta's to try out, it will be nice having a backup mod and trying something different. I don't expect things to be vastly different, for the most part 30w is 30w is 30w.

It's not as though I'm trading out a dirt bike for a pickup truck, the mods are pretty similar. The tanks may vary some but unless changing from single coil to dual or gauge of wire and number of wraps, functional differences, I don't expect too much variance. I like vaping, new products are intriguing but I don't suffer the shinyitus really. For the same reason I don't own 40 different brands of non stick pans, I only have need for a couple and I'm good. They serve their purpose.

More power to those who do reviews, see it as a major hobby, enjoy being collectors etc. Nothing wrong with it if it makes them happy, it's just not for me. I only have one vapehole, can only suck on so many mods at a time so. lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More power to those who do reviews, see it as a major hobby, enjoy being collectors etc. Nothing wrong with it if it makes them happy, it's just not for me. I only have one vapehole, can only suck on so many mods at a time so. lol.

Likewise. I have a fair number of mods (14 in total), but that's mostly for "vape insurance" -- since I really prefer regulated mods, I accept that they won't last indefinitely, so I've acquired a fair collection. But attys? There's only ONE kind that I really like, and they aren't made anymore.... so I'm a scrooge without even making any effort to be. If Frog in Fog ever restocked their Achilles clones, I'd get at least a couple more... AT LEAST. :) But since I only vape 1 flavor, all the time, I don't have a huge need for a lot of them.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Preppers dude - hoarders also save toilet paper and candy wrappers with their gear :rolleyes:
Just the tootsie roll wrappers

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
30 RDA's and 20 Tanks?

Like I said Rookies

Oh I've got way to much shit, but damn isn't it fun....................

Smoking was never this enjoyable
Amen to that brother.
Can't even compare it to the 2-3 flavors I'd dip. Plus spit cups are nasty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I just started vaping a little over two months ago and I got bit hard by the gas bug!
I started with a Kanger Subvod Mega TC w/ a TopTank Mini. The next week, I got a new iStick 200 along with three Imren 3500mAh 18650's and a free V.C. Buddha Zephyr which caused me to get infected by the building bug. So a couple weeks later, I got a new Coil Master v3 tool kit, an MXJO 3000mAh 18650, some Kanthal and a Limitless RDTA Classic. A few days later, I built my first mod and I bought a Sony VTC4. Just a couple days ago, I bought a used but mint V.C. X1 in blue chrome with a matching X1 RDA. Then today, I bought a rainbow Alien bundled with a TFV8 Cloud Beast, Czar bubble tank, resin drip tip and two Samsung 25R's, and ten MXJO Type-2 3000mAh 18650's. Not including juices. And my local vape shop ordered me a SMOK GX350 kit in purple. For tanks and RDA's, I have the TopTank Mini that came with my Subvod, a Kanger RBA for the TopTank,
V C. Buddha Zephyr, Limitless Classic RDTA, Wismec Theorem, Nixon v2 that I recently won from Ms.Trixy's recent contest, and of course the TFV8. V C. X1
So I have 5 soon to be six mods and 7 soon to be 8 different tanks and RDA's and 17 18650's. And I still haven't scratched the surface of my gas list! LOL

Shawn

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just started vaping a little over two months ago and I got bit hard by the gas bug!
I started with a Kanger Subvod Mega TC w/ a TopTank Mini. The next week, I got a new iStick 200 along with three Imren 3500mAh 18650's and a free V.C. Buddha Zephyr which caused me to get infected by the building bug. So a couple weeks later, I got a new Coil Master v3 tool kit, an MXJO 3000mAh 18650, some Kanthal and a Limitless RDTA Classic. A few days later, I built my first mod and I bought a Sony VTC4. Just a couple days ago, I bought a used but mint V.C. X1 in blue chrome with a matching X1 RDA. Then today, I bought a rainbow Alien bundled with a TFV8 Cloud Beast, Czar bubble tank, resin drip tip and two Samsung 25R's, and ten MXJO Type-2 3000mAh 18650's. Not including juices. And my local vape shop ordered me a SMOK GX350 kit in purple. For tanks and RDA's, I have the TopTank Mini that came with my Subvod, a Kanger RBA for the TopTank,
V C. Buddha Zephyr, Limitless Classic RDTA, Wismec Theorem, Nixon v2 that I recently won from Ms.Trixy's recent contest, and of course the TFV8.
So I have 5 soon to be six mods and 6 soon to be 7 different tanks and RDA's and 17 18650's. And I still haven't scratched the surface of my gas list! LOL

Shawn
Lol nicely done. It's addicting but u know I have to comment on the immren and mxjo batts. Try and stick with Sony samsung and LG only for 18650 batts.

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Lol nicely done. It's addicting but u know I have to comment on the immren and mxjo batts. Try and stick with Sony samsung and LG only for 18650 batts.

Thanks for the battery tip. :) I plan on stocking up on some VTC4's here soon. My local vape shop sells them, but for $14.00 a pop! So I'm going to put an order together at LiionWholesale As for the MXJO's, are there problems with them failing? The employee's at my local shop told me they were good batteries and gave me a good deal on them. But if they are prone to failure and or venting, I'll try and return them.

And what should I lookout for on the Imrens? I've been using them in my iStick 200 mostly vaping at 65 watts and .15 and above.

Shawn

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the battery tip. :) I plan on stocking up on some VTC4's here soon. My local vape shop sells them, but for $14.00 a pop! So I'm going to put an order together at LionWharehouse. As for the MXJO's, are there problems with them failing? The employee's at my local shop told me they were good batteries and gave me a good deal on them. But if they are prone to failure and or venting, I'll try and return them.

Shawn

Shawn
It's a rewrap so u never know. Check moochs chart for the real info on them. If u vape under 130 watts on dual mods get some samsung 30q batts. They last forever and stay cool and are a true 20 amp battery.

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It's a rewrap so u never know. Check moochs chart for the real info on them. If u vape under 130 watts on dual mods get some samsung 30q batts. They last forever and stay cool and are a true 20 amp battery.

That's a bummer. If I'd have known they're rewraps, I wouldn't have purchased them.

Shawn

VU Sponsors