Become a Patron!

Series box and Sherman RTA ,,,,,, is it feasible ?

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey guy's as the title suggests i'm curious to know if i could use my Sherman on a series box.
If so ,
Penny for your thoughts. :idea:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have a lot of series tank setups. i dont know the sherman personally, but its a larger tank so it should be fine. i have used the reload, 'the tank' the aromamizer plus, the boreas and the combo rta on unregulated series and its always been great (i might be missing a few on that list). i commonly run the aromamizer and 'the tank' on a hammer of god at well over 200w

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i have a lot of series tank setups. i dont know the sherman personally, but its a larger tank so it should be fine. i have used the reload, 'the tank' the aromamizer plus, the boreas and the combo rta on unregulated series and its always been great (i might be missing a few on that list). i commonly run the aromamizer and 'the tank' on a hammer of god at well over 200w
Yer the sherman is a 28mm tank , i kinda knew the answer to my own ? but i needed some verification as this is my first series box.
The Sherm is living on a Hex v3 for now.
Thanks for the info , just waiting now for the :vapemail: to get here.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yer the sherman is a 28mm tank , i kinda knew the answer to my own ? but i needed some verification as this is my first series box.
what series box are you waiting on?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Them Hexohms are cool mods. Always wanted one :)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oh, it's the Deathwish Modz-Cthulhu "Serial Box", always liked the look of it and i was browsing the inter- web and saw it again so i grabbed my plastic and ran with it.

It’s a fantastic serial mod it’s pretty crazy though haha was running the 30mm deathtrap on it ....good god it was insane! Instant ramp up and very powerful a little overwhelming for me if I’m honest, gonna play with builds at higher ohms and take a little longer to ramp up

battery contacts need breaking in at first it can be difficult to insert and remove cells to begin with also there are no guides on the sled for orientation (it’s on the back of the box)

You can slightly unscrew the firing button and it will essentially lock the mod from firing ;)

Firing button is quite stiff and has a very short throw, I do find the X edges to be a little sharp they could have softened these if I’m honest, it’s exactly the same switch mechanism they use on their single battery barebones just without the ethching logo on it- so no arcing or hot fire button

510 plate is recessed so attys sit flush

All of the graphics are engraved and detailing is excellent. The mod itself is big

I put it on the stairs the other night to take it up. The thing tumbled all the way down hit the floor at the bottom, as you can imagine the air was blue (not a scratch though it’s solid)
C4A28869-3B0D-44EA-8C16-05A90E421D15.jpeg
C3A943D1-2F76-4EC9-A95E-26067D5C2C6A.jpeg
3B4E142B-BB1E-416D-A46F-9E587D718341.jpeg

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It’s a fantastic serial mod it’s pretty crazy though haha was running the 30mm deathtrap on it ....good god it was insane! Instant ramp up and very powerful a little overwhelming for me if I’m honest, gonna play with builds at higher ohms and take a little longer to ramp up

battery contacts need breaking in at first it can be difficult to insert and remove cells to begin with also there are no guides on the sled for orientation (it’s on the back of the box)

You can slightly unscrew the firing button and it will essentially lock the mod from firing ;)

Firing button is quite stiff and has a very short throw, I do find the X edges to be a little sharp they could have softened these if I’m honest, it’s exactly the same switch mechanism they use on their single battery barebones just without the ethching logo on it- so no arcing or hot fire button

All of the graphics are engraved and detailing is excellent. The mod itself is big

I put it on the stairs the other night to take it up. The thing tumbled all the way down hit the floor at the bottom, as you can imagine the air was blue (not a scratch though it’s solid)
View attachment 101872
View attachment 101874
View attachment 101873

Oh snap,
Well i was going to order the deathtrap 30 in SS but now i think i'll get the Gunmetal ( black ) it wouldn't be cool for yours and mine to wear the same gear especially if they ever meet at a party,,,very embarrassing,,, lol.:facepalm:.
seriously though that set-up is just awesome Kingpin, love it.
How is the Deathtrap ?.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oh snap,
Well i was going to order the deathtrap 30 in SS but now i think i'll get the Gunmetal ( black ) it wouldn't be cool for yours and mine to wear the same gear especially if they ever meet at a party,,,very embarrassing,,, lol.:facepalm:.
seriously though that set-up is just awesome Kingpin, love it.
How is the Deathtrap ?.

Gunmetal is really nice have the 24mm deathtrap in that finish

Hmmm haven’t decided yet wasnt the initial flavour performer I was hoping it to be...in terms of vapour production it’s quite the beast, you’ll fog up a room in just a few pulls ....but I haven’t landed on best coils for it yet nor coil positioning need to play about with them a lot more. Also you’ll need to get used to the stock drip tip although you can swap it out with a goon which I need to try

Last edited:

Hmmm haven’t decided yet wasnt the initial flavour performer I was hoping it to be...in terms of vapour production it’s quite the beast, you’ll fog up a room in just a few pulls ....but I haven’t landed on best coils for it yet nor coil positioning need to play about with them a lot more yet. Also you’ll need to get use to the stock drip tip although you can swap it out with a goon which was need to try
That DT looks like a doughnut, it's huge.
A Half Moon fatbastrd tip might look the bee's knees though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 101872
View attachment 101874
View attachment 101873
That's very nice :)

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Hmmm haven’t decided yet wasnt the initial flavour performer I was hoping it to be...in terms of vapour production it’s quite the beast, you’ll fog up a room in just a few pulls ....but I haven’t landed on best coils for it yet nor coil positioning need to play about with them a lot more. Also you’ll need to get used to the stock drip tip although you can swap it out with a goon which I need to try
I'm either going to get the deathtrap or i'm pondering getting ahold of the Sherman 28mm RDA because i love the RTA ( have 2 of them ) so much the dripper might be a good choice,
Hell i can't decide, one thing is for sure i can't afford to get both at the same time so i have some decisions to make.
Vape life sucks ,,,, don't it guy's,,, :devil:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm either going to get the deathtrap or i'm pondering getting ahold of the Sherman 28mm RDA because i love the RTA ( have 2 of them ) so much the dripper might be a good choice,
Hell i can't decide, one thing is for sure i can't afford to get both at the same time so i have some decisions to make.
Yeah gets expensive haha

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Is the Sherman now on V3?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Do you have that version did you try any of the previous ones? Just wondering whether it matters much getting one of the earlier versions

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do you have that version did you try any of the previous ones? Just wondering whether it matters much getting one of the earlier versions

Yes the version i am using now is the V3 , i got it because i wanted the Gunmetal color, my other is the ss v2 version.
There is practically no difference betwix the two ( V2 & V3 ) , the earlier V1.5 had one less air intake hole ( 3 ) and had a different AFC configuration using holes and a slot with no AFC stop which made it a PITA to unscrew ( had to put a thin screwdriver through the air holes to be able to unscrew the tank and chimney ), now with the v2 and v3 the AFC stop makes it's a piece of cake.
which ever Sherman you decide to get ( if you do decide ) you won't be disappointed .
Awesome , big, beefy tanks , of course who am i to say what somebody else will like ,,, ymmv as always.
PS get one... lol :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yes the version i am using now is the V3 , i got it because i wanted the Gunmetal color, my other is the ss v2 version.
There is practically no difference betwix the two ( V2 & V3 ) , the earlier V1.5 had one less air intake hole ( 3 ) and had a different AFC configuration using holes and a slot with no AFC stop which made it a PITA to unscrew ( had to put a thin screwdriver through the air holes to be able to unscrew the tank and chimney ), now with the v2 and v3 the AFC stop makes it's a piece of cake.
which ever Sherman you decide to get ( if you do decide ) you won't be disappointed .
Awesome , big, beefy tanks , of course who am i to say what somebody else will like ,,, ymmv as always.
PS get one... lol :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Many thanks I’ve seen the V2 about haven’t seen many V3 for sale other than clones where did you get yours from?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tanks on Series?

They work wonderfully

Boreas and Modfather on series Mods

Ymad70V.jpg

jEiOGDn.jpg

Voltrove on Series

dbnj5uq.jpg

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Tanks on Series?

They work wonderfully

Boreas and Modfather on series Mods

Ymad70V.jpg

jEiOGDn.jpg

Voltrove on Series

dbnj5uq.jpg

OMG that Hog set-up is awesome.
One day my friend i too will have a Hog , if all the cosmic gears align,lol.
Actually that will be my next purchase , if i can find one in stock somewhere.

VU Sponsors