Become a Patron!

SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE WITH DOVPO E-MECH V3!

brugmanncues

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This a SERIOUS safety issue that needs to be addressed! If you or someone you know are using a Dovpo E-Mech V3, you NEED to watch this vid! SERIOUS safety concern with these!!!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is that third version E-Mech you're talking about? I was under the impression that there were only two generations - the 1st generation with the silly buzzer and alarm clock, and the 2nd generation without them.

Anyhow, I have the latter kind and I cannot reproduce your problem. I think you may have a defective unit: if the thing had a flaw and consistently autofired when sleeping (it's never really off) each time you connect a load, most owners would have noticed by now.

brugmanncues

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is a V3. They actually have out a V4, upgraded switch and 510 pin. But there are 4 versions of it out there, do an ebay search and you'll find them. The V2 disabled the sounds and calendar, but still left the bottom really thin and wobbly. The V3 was supposed to fix the the thin bottom...but it really didn't. I've had the V3 for 2 months and absolutely loved it, and it was working great! Untill one day out of the blue it decided to do this.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might have a V3 too then. The bottom is rather stable, although still quite thin, and I bought it a week and a half ago from someone who had just received it from HK.

I used to be a professional software test engineer in another life. So I tried to jog the FSM in the mod's firmware in a systematic way to trigger the problem you're experiencing and determine how it hapens - by screwing / unscrewing the atty with different configurations / presets / buttons pressed. But I honestly could not reproduce the problem, however hard I tried. That's what leads me to believe your own mod may be faulty, but that it isn't necessarily a hardware or firmware design flaw, like the title of your thread suggests.

This said, what happened to you is rather scary, and I'll certainly keep a watchful eye on my own E-Mech. In any case, I always charge my batteries and devices containing batteries in a closed M2A1 ammo box. So if something catches on fire inside it, it won't burn my house down.

brugmanncues

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like I said, this happened after 2 months of use. And it's pushing voltage straight to the 510 contact with the power off...how could that NOT be a hardware issue?!? OBVIOUSLY the unit is defective! The whole point of the vid and this post was to inform people that "Hey, this happened to mine, and could happen to yours as well, be safe" that's all. Just trying to spread the word that there is a serious issue with mine and don't be surprised if yours does the same thing eventually.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's pushing voltage straight to the 510 contact with the power off...how could that NOT be a hardware issue?!?

It could very well be a software issue: if there's a bug in the firmware, it might be stuck in a weird state and supplying power to the connector all the time.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have been using mine daily for about 2 months now.

Even dropped the sucker a couple of times.

Works like a champ with no issues I can see.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brugmanncues has a point though: if it's happened to him, it could happen to us. I'd rather know about the problem he's having than not know about it. At least I know not to trust the thing too much - not that I ever fully trust anything that uses lithium ion batteries anyway..

brugmanncues

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got this email from Dovpo tonight:

Good day
Very sorry about this message, would you tell us do you find your shop ? our staff tell us this mod's PCB has broken.
So please find your shop and tell them, this mod is broken you need change new one .
since we are the manufacturer,we don't charge this kind of matter unless you buy the vapor from us directly. If not, please find the one whome you buy from and show them your require,they will feedback to us.

Good luck with getting the ebay seller to do anything about it, he's not returning my messages

brugmanncues

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been using mine daily for about 2 months now.

Even dropped the sucker a couple of times.

Works like a champ with no issues I can see.

It took 2 months for mine to screw up, just be careful with it :)

brugmanncues

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mine started doing this two days ago, I've had for roughly 2ish months
Sorry to hear this. Contact the person you bought it from....maybe they can help you out. Dovpo themselves won't.

brugmanncues

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do have an update to this. The Ebay seller contacted me and he did replace it!.....with another V3....ugh

VU Sponsors