Become a Patron!

Setup instructions

I've just bought a Smok R40 TC and am totally confused as to how to use the settings. I'm trying to turn it down so it's not so severe. Up to now I have used a pencil vape and am finding this a little strong. I have read the instructions but don't really understand them. It speaks of different coils (I only have the one it came with). Also different temperatures and air flo holes and soft, normal or hard. Can someone please explain to me what I am supposed to be setting to get the gentlest smoke.
Thanks from an elderly lady in England.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've just bought a Smok R40 TC and am totally confused as to how to use the settings. I'm trying to turn it down so it's not so severe. Up to now I have used a pencil vape and am finding this a little strong. I have read the instructions but don't really understand them. It speaks of different coils (I only have the one it came with). Also different temperatures and air flo holes and soft, normal or hard. Can someone please explain to me what I am supposed to be setting to get the gentlest smoke.
Thanks from an elderly lady in England.

Welcome to the VU! :)
Yep... sounds like you've got something more advanced than you were ready for. But, you can still work with it and get a good vape.
I need to know what the markings are on your coil... does it say KA1, NS, Ni, NC, or SS? ... what ohms? These two answers will determine what mode you run the mod in.

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Helen! Welcome to the club. The vape mod you are using has a maximum wattage of 40 watts. That may be too high for you, but the coil the mod came with may require a certain minimum wattage. And it may require you to use temperature control as pami mentioned. If the coil is not Kanthal (KA1) it will require temperature control. If it is Kanthal (KA1) it will not require temperature control. Temperature control and wattage mode are two totally different mods that the vape mod allow for adjustability.

Good news is the when you are in wattage mode, wattage is adjustable via the -/+ keys. Try going down to 20 watts or so. That should produce less vapor. Experiment with the wattage up and down until you find it tolerable. It sounds if you are coming off a vape pen you expect a little bit of resistance in your draw. That should be adjusted with the airflow setting to hard (i assume that is more resistant). Forget totally about temperature for the time being, find a setting that allows you to adjust merely in wattage. Many people prefer wattage over temp control, as it is less fuss.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just to add on to that
if it is a ss coil it can be run in temp or power mode.

Soft hard etc refer to a preheat sort of thing where the mod will use more or less power then what you have it set at for the first second or two to heat up the coil slower or faster Use normal for now to get started

VU Sponsors