Become a Patron!

Shame on you Kanger!!!

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The latest batch of Claptons I've bought died already.
They lasted 1 day a piece and the last one lasted 2 days.
I vape 15ml - 45ml a day depending on tank, coils, if its a dripper, ect.
They are rated up to 70w and all of them died at 42w.
Anybody else had issues lately with Kanger Claptons?

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sadly, thats just the luck of the draw when it comes to pre-built coils. You are certain they were authentic correct? If not its one of those things that is a not so fun reality of the pre-made coils, sometimes you get stuck with a bad batch overall, and theres not much that can be done. That's why many of us switched to building our own, as we got tired of spending money and chancing receiving a sub par product. Kanger has always had inconsistencies in their coils.

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well... Just walked out the vape shop. We will see how long this one lasts...

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sadly, thats just the luck of the draw when it comes to pre-built coils. You are certain they were authentic correct? If not its one of those things that is a not so fun reality of the pre-made coils, sometimes you get stuck with a bad batch overall, and theres not much that can be done. That's why many of us switched to building our own, as we got tired of spending money and chancing receiving a sub par product. Kanger has always had inconsistencies in their coils.
I'm positive they're authentic. My small purchases always come from a B&M shop. I have an RDA and I run clapton builds on builds on it but I have no cells for my IPV4s.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear you have had bad luck with these coils recently- I manly use RTA's, and have gone DIY from very early on for various reasons, one of them being able to change coils at a low price without problems like this.

However, I realise that a lot of people want to be able to use premade coils, and this makes sense as it allows you to vape and is very simple to change coils.

When you mention them dying, do you mean they literally will not work, or just do not seem to perform how they should?

You do get through quite a lot of juice in a day, but lasting for just 1 day isn't really acceptable, and I hope your new coils last a fair bit longer than the last batch you bought.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The latest batch of Claptons I've bought died already.
They lasted 1 day a piece and the last one lasted 2 days.
I vape 15ml - 45ml a day depending on tank, coils, if its a dripper, ect.
They are rated up to 70w and all of them died at 42w.
Anybody else had issues lately with Kanger Claptons?

That 70w rating is ridiculous. I found anything over about 34 was asking for the Clapton to burn the wick.

However, Coil Art and Vaporwerx make Kanger coils. I've tried a few of these in other tanks, the best of which has been a Coil Art 0.2 ohm kanthal for my old Atlantis 2. I wasn't a fan of Atom-G coils for the Arctic or Atlantis, but I heard they had good coils for the Kanger.

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That 70w rating is ridiculous. I found anything over about 34 was asking for the Clapton to burn the wick.

However, Coil Art and Vaporwerx make Kanger coils. I've tried a few of these in other tanks, the best of which has been a Coil Art 0.2 ohm kanthal for my old Atlantis 2. I wasn't a fan of Atom-G coils for the Arctic or Atlantis, but I heard they had good coils for the Kanger.
Excuse me whilst I do some adult things in the bathroom......

Seriously though, that's the shit. Didn't know 3rd partys made coils for kanger.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coil Art Coil heads are pretty decent, I use them on my non-rebuildable tanks.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Coils can be a crap shoot. Luckily of the three types and brands of pre-made coils I use I've only had one bad one in the past six months.

Every kanger pre built coil I've bought hasn't lasted me more than a week. Apparently eleaf coils also fit kanger tanks as well though

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They come out with new crap every other day,
update existing products but not the version number,
have subsidiaries that they can now use to sell their even crappier products

Fuck Kanger!!!

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Every kanger pre built coil I've bought hasn't lasted me more than a week. Apparently eleaf coils also fit kanger tanks as well though
I mentioned this at my local vape shop and they thought I was crazy. xD

VU Sponsors