Become a Patron!

Shaving off the magma 510

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The magma 510 is too long for it's own good and doesn't sit flush on my mods.
By looking at the parts it seems it shouldn't be a problem grinding off the screw head up to the connector and then a bit of the connector, but i don't want to damage it.
Did someone successfully do it?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whenever I have a topper that won't sit flush on a mod, that's too narrow, or that requires orienting the air holes in a certain position, I use a Smok Airflow Controller between the topper and the mod. Its top surface can be adjusted to meet the base of your atomizer.

Also, if you really, REALLY need to adapt the height, you can always file the airflow controller's post/connector and leave your atty undamaged.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i replaced my magma 510 screw/connector with my pulse g 510 screw. fits better plus its copper. it still does protrude a bit, but for me thats fine because i use it on a nemesis which can adapt to make anything flush. it also looks nice on my chi you because that batt tube is on the long side. i guess basically what im trying to say is perhaps find a mod that it does sit flush on so you dont have to worry about filing the pin down. because filing the pin down might no longer give you access to adjusting that pin. and adjusting that pin is crucial for this atty (if yours is manufactured like mine, that is) because tha tpin holds the pos and neg terminals in place.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i replaced my magma 510 screw/connector with my pulse g 510 screw. fits better plus its copper. it still does protrude a bit, but for me thats fine because i use it on a nemesis which can adapt to make anything flush. it also looks nice on my chi you because that batt tube is on the long side. i guess basically what im trying to say is perhaps find a mod that it does sit flush on so you dont have to worry about filing the pin down. because filing the pin down might no longer give you access to adjusting that pin. and adjusting that pin is crucial for this atty (if yours is manufactured like mine, that is) because tha tpin holds the pos and neg terminals in place.
I had no intension of shortening the screw itself, just the screw head.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had no intension of shortening the screw itself, just the screw head.

i hear ya. just worried that shortening the head would erase the groove for a screwdriver, eliminating the ability to adjust the screw and tighten down the terminal block if need be. depends on how deep that groove is and how much you plan to file it down i guess.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Many RDA users who like to build low actually prefer the dripper to not sit flush , keeps excess heat from transferring to the mod.

VU Sponsors