Become a Patron!

should i use a torch on a coil for kanger occ head?

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do i have to use a torch on my coils that i use when rebuilding my kangerr occ heads? I've used a lighter but it leaves a black residue on the wire. Will a torch leave a black residue on the coil ?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The torch wont leave the black soot on the coils...do you have to torch them?...not really...If youre building stock type coils that have spaces between the coils you really dont need to torch it.

Torching is mainly used for compressing the coils together to make micro coils so you can get the coils as tightly compressed as possible or for making a thinner guage wire more workable...Thin wire tends to be a bit springy...The torching or "Annealing" stiffens it up and makes it more workable.

Anything above a 28g wire seems to benefit form torching before wrapping.

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was shown on rip trippers vid to torch the coil after buildin it to avoid hotspots then place it back in the atomizer head for kanger subtank nano. Ive been using a lighter and it leaves black residue

VapeJohn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was shown on rip trippers vid to torch the coil after buildin it to avoid hotspots then place it back in the atomizer head for kanger subtank nano. Ive been using a lighter and it leaves black residue
just strum it to reduce hot spots.. rip trippers is somewhat of an aspie

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just rebuilt a kanger occ head without torching the coil , so i will let you know how it turns out. I'm hoping there isn't any chemicals or such on the wire ,because like i said i didn't torch it this time

VU Sponsors