Become a Patron!

Show and Tell me about your special tools/supplies.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I went on a little mission looking for a paper crimper for corrugated cores when I stumbled into a really cool brick and mortar office supply/stationary store in Santa Cruz. I asked this woman if they might carry the crimpers I'd seen recommended by other builders and told her what I really needed it for... Well, okay, I told her I make jewelry from wire, which is my standard answer when asked what I'm doing since, while the slack-jawed look on people's faces may be adorable when I proudly tell them it's for "Vape Coils", I don't have the time or patience to sit down with them and explain the entire niche market to them. Jewelry will suffice.

Anyway, she says, why not just buy this kit that was made for exactly that purpose? I had no idea Beadalon made this. I got reamed on the price but it's exactly what I wanted.

e663347bf65e33ea49bc1d18632b7c1d.jpg
c6d90374b20ea2207f4340dddba4eea6.jpg
4632ceebceafd216f5d6bb9f915ecf4c.jpg
63a27f9e56b5bfcce59a4cd432d6f617.jpg
6e02a1d91fdf04a357815201b6850df2.jpg

I'm also always looking for another pliers to buy and I have a couple of nylon jaw sets, but I saw this stuff and decided to give it a try. It's made specifically to keep from marring wire. Sort of like Plasti-Dip only for the business end of the tool rather than the handle. Still letting it dry but I have high hopes for it so long as I'm not too ham fisted with it. Even if it doesn't hold up its supposed to be pretty easy to peel off.
18e9d2e294f323d2ebe04905ee1364c7.jpg
f5bbc3cf5c9de661f2a22635e8aaf000.jpg

I have several other tricks up my sleeve, but I'm curious if any of you have any products that you recommend for making our work just a little easier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Excellent idea Strigamort

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Entirely possible, although I have not had a look at the tools myself.

So I've used one of my pliers and the coating seems fairly durable. I'll report back about how much abuse the stuff will take before a reapplication is required.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors