Become a Patron!

Shrink Labels for Juice Bottle

Hello y'all!!

How do you go about designing and implementing shrink labels on juice bottles?

I can't find any info on what you need for shrink labels and price. Can you use them DIY? Do you need expensive equipment? Please get back to me!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shrink wrap? I don't know that I've heard of a shrink label before.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In my experience with various kinds of manufacturing/packaging it is more common to have a clear shrink wrap over labels or printing rather than shrinkwrapped labels proper.

Shrinkwrap gets distorted easily due to temperature and airflow differences. This is no big deal when doing clear shrinkwrap but is a trainwreck on labels because text/image distortion is immediately obvious to the consumer. It can make the label unusable and it can be labor-intensive to inspect and remove tweaked labels.

The commercial way to do clear shrinkwrap over the product it is with a shrinkwrap tunnel. It is a heated forced-air tunnel with a non-stick conveyor belt running through it. The operator controls temp, airflow, and belt speed. The manual way to do it is with a heat gun.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello y'all!!

How do you go about designing and implementing shrink labels on juice bottles?

I can't find any info on what you need for shrink labels and price. Can you use them DIY? Do you need expensive equipment? Please get back to me!!

Welcome to VU, Brendan!

I'm thinking you're not asking for the purpose of commercial production since this your first post in the DIY forum. That said, the best suggestion I've read (and one I'm taking myself) is to put clear contact paper over the label on your home-brewed juice. i haven't tried heat steeping this combo yet but it certainly makes labels durable.

Have fun with your DIY adventure!

VU Sponsors