Become a Patron!

Sig 50 faulty or not?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

I ordered a sigelei 50watt for my fiancee after her 30 broke, and she was enjoying vaping and wants to quit with vaping, so I have some nic base on the way to add to my juices.

Well, it arrived today. I put a fresh Samsung 25R inside, pressed 5 times, nothing.

I tried 2 25R's and it would not turn on. Then I thought "lets try putting some power through USB"

That worked. Sigelei logo, launched fine.

I took it off of USB, it not turns on and off fine, I just wondered if I should let my shop know, as getting replacements from them is like getting blood from a stone, or now it is working fine (I tested it up to 50 watts with an RDA, worked fine) should it carry on working fine?

I wonder why the battery was not enough to kick start it, and it needed the extra USB boost to work? They were full batteries, so I am a bit stumped.

So, it works fine now, I have turned it on and off multiple times, but I always hear Sigelei is quality, thats why I bought it. When it arrived and would not turn on I thought "not again, this ones dead out of the box".

Luckiliy I thought of the USB port otherwise it still would not work.

So, it turns on and off as it should now, wattage range is correct, is this fit now to give to her with hopefully no other problems, or is it a fault I do not know about that sigelei 50 owners are aware of?

I would like to know, so I can get it sorted quickly if it is. But if it is not, it is working fine and turns on and off as it should now, it will be a lot easier not having to send it back and she was looking forward to getting it today,so another reason.

I was thinking it might be worth phoning the shop to let them know when they open, that it could potentially have a fault, I think that it is OK though, but explain the situation so if in a week it does die they will actually accept a return?

Thanks people.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you Jim_MDP, mkes me feel more at ease. It works fine with every batttery I own now, I believe for some reason it needed 'kickstarting' with the extra power from the usb with the battery. Maybe where it had been in their warehouse for so long, it needed the extra kick for the fist time booting.

Maybe there is something inside that needed the extra power for the first switch on? Maybe the part that remember your wattage when you change the battery? All I can think of, but I have throroughly tested it for her with the nautilus at low wattage, a single coil at 20-30 watts, then a dual coil from 30-50 watts.

Works fine across the whole range.

I am also jelous as hers come with the black sigelei Condom, when I ordered the Black 150 I got the opague white one! It looks much smarter in black, so much so I think I will order a black one from fasttech for my 150.

So, any sig owners who get that problem, try it with the battery in then also usb, then it should turn on.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An update, the device works fine. Just am waiting for bloody nicotine base to come, I ordered it monday, they shipped tuesday so It should be here by now, post is good usually around here, but I guess it will come tommorow. If it does not come tommorow, I will be worried.

VU Sponsors