Become a Patron!

Sigelei 150 TC unlock/reset/clear ohms resistance always set as locked ???

I recently purchased a Sigelei 150w TC. It's been great and I have had no complaints up until I tried to put a new nickel coil into my Kanger sub tank. The stock nickel coilhead that I had already been using in my tank worked perfectly with the temperature control mod but as soon as I dropped a new coilhead in the screen kept flashing "dry coil no liquid." Then I read in a couple of other forums that by holding the plus and minus buttons at the same time you can lock the ohms and this solved my problem. NOW my problem is that I can not figure out how to UNLOCK the ohms so that the mod reads the resistance automatically like it did out of the box. Anyone??

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently purchased a Sigelei 150w TC. It's been great and I have had no complaints up until I tried to put a new nickel coil into my Kanger sub tank. The stock nickel coilhead that I had already been using in my tank worked perfectly with the temperature control mod but as soon as I dropped a new coilhead in the screen kept flashing "dry coil no liquid." Then I read in a couple of other forums that by holding the plus and minus buttons at the same time you can lock the ohms and this solved my problem. NOW my problem is that I can not figure out how to UNLOCK the ohms so that the mod reads the resistance automatically like it did out of the box. Anyone??
Once you change coils, hit the fire button with no atty, then put in a new one in, if you lock the resistance it's set - just leave it alone! You need to always lock resistance with a new Ni200 coil when everything is cold, and then don't mess with it again!

Once you change coils, hit the fire button with no atty, then put in a new one in, if you lock the resistance it's set - just leave it alone! You need to always lock resistance with a new Ni200 coil when everything is cold, and then don't mess with it again!

Thanks for the help but this still doesn't work for me. I want the mod to read the resistance automatically like it did before I locked or "set" the resistance. Once this was done it seems there is no way to deactivate the set resistance. Even when I removed the tank and fired the box with no coil as you suggested then put a new coil on it still is locked in at the previously set ohms. I want to reset the chip to automatically read the ohms. After I held the plus and minus buttons for the very first time in order to lock in the ohms it seems that this action can not be undone. Is there a way to reset the chip? Before locking the ohms I used three different nickel coils and the mod automatically read the resistance without a problem. Sorry if this is long winded and repetitive but I want it to be clear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

Also I should mention that I have a pack of new OCC ni200 coilheads for the Kanger sub tank mini and I have tried 3 different ones. I have also put some of the older used ones in too. Upon installing a new coil and insuring that everything is at room temp I then push the two buttons to lock in the ohms. Every time I get different readings ranging from .102 all the way up to .294 but I never get a .15 which is what the coils are supposed to be. The older used coils were being read accurately by the same mod automatically BEFORE I ever "locked in" the ohms. Now I can't get the mod to do that anymore.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You do want to lock the resistance with a new coil. Try removing then replacing the batteries and restarting the Sig. Remove and reattach the tank which is at room temperature. Wait until the screen shuts off then press the up & down buttons at the same time to read and lock the resistance of the new coil. Hope this helps.

You do want to lock the resistance with a new coil. Try removing then replacing the batteries and restarting the Sig. Remove and reattach the tank which is at room temperature. Wait until the screen shuts off then press the up & down buttons at the same time to read and lock the resistance of the new coil. Hope this helps.

That's good to know, thanks again. I have tried all of that and I can indeed lock the new coils no problem (even though the stock .15 coils usually lock in somewhere between .100 and .120) THAT STILL DOESN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION. How do I revert to the state of the chip that automatically reads the resistance as it did when I took it out of the box? That is the problem that I cannot solve. I have tried removing batteries (when mod is on and when it is off). I have tried to fire the mod without a tank attached until it reads "check atomizer." I have tried switching between modes. I have tried setting to .000 with no tank. Nothing has erased the previous resistance settings. The only way to get a new setting is to reset to a new locked resistance. There seems to be no way to revert to the factory state of automatically reading ohms.

VU Sponsors