Become a Patron!

Sigelei 150 watt battery question

VapeMe

Member For 4 Years
I ordered a sigelei 150 watt earlier this week. I ordered the 150 from one website, and I also ordered 4 new Samsung 25r's from a different site, so I can have 2 married pairs for the device so that I can use one pair while the other pair charges. It looks like the sigelei 150 is going to get here before the batteries get here. So, I was wondering, I already have a bunch of 25r's that I use in my mech mods, but none of them are married pairs, will I be endangering myself by using 2 of the batteries I already have, just for a day or two until the new batteries arrive? Maybe just not vape them below say 50%? Just thinking about the torture of having a brand new device that I am pretty excited about, and having to wait to use it until batteries arrive. Also, I'm not going to be trying to use it at 150 watts, I typically build around .25 ohms and like the vape I get off of a fully charged battery, steam engine says that is about 70 watts. I only got the sigelei 150 because I am tired of the performance dropping off with the voltage of the battery on my mechs.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a 0.25 ohm build in a mech mod and a fresh 25R you're probably not seeing more than about 3.8V at the coils and that's 58 watts.

With the Sigelei at 60 watts you're drawing max 12 amps from each battery. IMO you're not going to have any safety issues if you run that with your existing batts and take them out early. Just make sure you don't put in a really bad battery :)

VapeMe

Member For 4 Years
Sweet. All my existing batteries are fairly new. I replaced all my purple efests with the Samsung 25r's a couple months ago. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Purple Efests are fine too, 20/35A is plenty for abox that does not draw more than 20 amps. But mine works best with the smurf-samsungs, even better than with VTC4s. When the VTC4s get to about 35-33%, the battery display goes all wonky and it after one pull it may indicate 20%, then after it a while it jumps up to 30% etc. Samsung 25Rs go all the way down to 10% without issues, thats when i normally swap them out.

VapeMe

Member For 4 Years
Ya. I liked the purple efests for a very short period. Then I started noticing that it seemed like they loose their oomph way faster than the 25r's. I also prefer the Sammys over my vtc4s too, probably just because they are a higher capacity.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep. My VTC4s are now solely dedicated to go on my mechs, just in case i manage to short something etc. Cause i have dead shorted one of my VTC4s and it's still in use. My chuff cap came loose and created a short between the positive block and outer barrel. Good thing i had the best batteries that can pulse up to 150A for a second.

VapeMe

Member For 4 Years
Ya, I wish the vtc5s were still around or I might give them a whirl just for the extra headroom, I just have not been happy with the performance/vape time I get out of my vtc4s. I figure it's just the lower capacity. The 25r's have treated me good though, I just keep them above 0.2. I have also read that people are using the Samsungs even lower without issue, but I don't want to take that gamble. I am just extra cautious about my resistance, and check my insulators regularly. I'm not sure how much use my mechs are gonna get after my 150 arrives, the performance drop off that comes with voltage drop off has been annoying the freaking hell out of me lately.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, well before i got my 150w Siggy i was a sworn mech guy.

Haven't really touched my mechs since my 150w arrived :D Except the SMPL, i use that to fire my orchids and Derringer.

VapeMe

Member For 4 Years
My only regulated device before I ordered the sigelei was a hana dna 30 clone. I never had any success with it. Crappy clone I guess, not enough power for me either, "too hot" warning always comes up, makes for a good paperweight though. Since then, I have only used mechs. I love my hcigar stingray x, I'm sure it will still get used when I'm at home, but I'm tired of switching out batteries on the go. Everytime I put them on the charger they show 3.8 volts maybe like 3.7 sometimes. How are you liking the Derringer? It's funny you said that because I was just getting ready to order one (clone). The one bestpriceecig.com has looks pretty decent.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Specs I found say max input current is 40amps for the sig 150. Batteries being in series means current load is not split between cells. Be careful running it hard with 20a cells. Also you can't use simple ohms law to calculate the amp load on the batteries with a device using a dc-dc converter like you can with a mech.

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use the Samsung 25R's in my Sigelei, builds are usually around 0.15 to 0.3 ohms, and I keep it at around 85-95 watts. I usually swap battery positions at 50% and run is down to around 35-40% before charging; haven't had any problems. But I would wait for the new batteries, I think it would be more torture to use the old bats and it somehow ruin your device. Better safe than sorry. Always boil your denim.

VapeMe

Member For 4 Years
Somehow it looks like the batteries and the device will both arrive tomorrow. So that eliminates the waiting issue. It would suck to ruin a brand new device just because I can't wait to play with my new toy... Lol.

VapeMe

Member For 4 Years
Just figured I'd update anyone who might be wondering... The new batteries and my mod came today. I just took the first pair of batteries off the charger and fired up the mod. I'm running my Zenith v2 with a dual coil, 24g, 7 wraps, 3mm inner diameter setup. Some big ol' coils, at 0.34 ohms, and some good ol' cellucotton for wicks, running at 55 watts. This is what I wanted out of vaping all along. Perfect hit every time so far. I believe my mech mods have just been shelved, just more items to have to clean dust off of now. There's one happy friggin vaper right here. Thanks for the help guys, even though it wasn't needed in the end.

VU Sponsors