Become a Patron!

Sigelei 150W Box In Need Of Tank

Hello all,

So I am brand new to vaping and my brother in-law gave me his old Sigelei 150W Box to start out with. Unfortunately he does not have an extra tank for it so I am in search of a tank. I really do not know what I am looking for so I am looking for suggestions. Not into it for the nicotine so I will be vaping non-nicotine juices. Would like a decent amount of flavor while still managing some pretty decent clouds.

Also on a side note, he put two batteries in the mod. I am assuming they will need to be charged somehow. How much are chargers and do I need a specific charger?

Thanks in advance. (If you could list prices too that would be great. On a pretty tight budget)

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would get a charger that knows to stop charging when 4.2v. Nitecore, Xtar, efest LUC, etc. Depending on where bought, maybe starting around $15.

Batteries should be married pair. Sony, Samsung, or LG from a reputable source, so they are authentic. Something around 20a each.

Lots of tank options for $25 give or take. Smok Baby Beast or Big Baby Beast, Aspire Cleito, Tobeco Super Tank Mini to name a few. But the possibilities are many.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you make your own coils I would get a pharoah rta. Not 25 but not much more and great flavor and easy.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the tanks above are good & I know they all have RBA options if you ending wanting to build. I don't own super tank mini so don't know bout that one.
If you want flavour smok spiral or UD athlon but they are not cloud chasing tanks.
For rebuildables the main one I use is the Smok spiral I mentioned & it's just as good as the RTA'S I own :)

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

So I am brand new to vaping and my brother in-law gave me his old Sigelei 150W Box to start out with. Unfortunately he does not have an extra tank for it so I am in search of a tank. I really do not know what I am looking for so I am looking for suggestions. Not into it for the nicotine so I will be vaping non-nicotine juices. Would like a decent amount of flavor while still managing some pretty decent clouds.

Also on a side note, he put two batteries in the mod. I am assuming they will need to be charged somehow. How much are chargers and do I need a specific charger?

Thanks in advance. (If you could list prices too that would be great. On a pretty tight budget)[/QUOTE
When picking your tank don't worry about clouds or any of that shit. Flavor is most important, and the feel of the draw. I found the sub ohm tanks to be better. Not that they felt exactly like a cig, but they had a more thicker vapor I guess you could say, and that made them feel more like a cig, so it was easier. And you have to find your flavor. That's important for changing from cigs to vapping.
For the tank get a Tobeco 25mm Super Tank. It has 5ml of juice in it, if you just quit your gonna suck down juice, but 5ml should last you a few hours at least. You might go through a 30ml bottle in 1 or 2days at the beginning. Now I go through a 60ml every 2.5 weeks. But I'm in from about May or April. And go for 18mg nicotine strength. But also get one at 12mg nicotine strength. Your gonna have to experiment to find what you like best. Flavors, nicotine strength, tanks, coils, mods, all that shit. I did. Luckily I got some pretty good shit. I got the Tobeco Mini Super Tank and Sigelei j150 right off the bat. And I used to smoke Camel NO#9's which where kinda sweet because of all the Turkish tobacco in them. Marlboro's have Virginia tobacco which is harsher, and the place I went to let me try out a bunch of stuff. Different nicotine strengths, flavors, cigar stick mods, their mods, different tanks. If you can find a stock and mortar store and actually go there! They will be more expensive than ordering online, but if you run outta juice or your coil burns up because your mod was in your pocket and somehow became unlocked, and when you fired it up it was at 150 watts on a max 40watt coil and fired your coil, you'll be glad you can run down there and grab a new coil or juice to tide you over!

What Sigelei mod specifically do you have? Some can use only 1.0 amp chargers(the old ones)newer ones can use 2amp chargers, the last time I checked(bought4 months ago)not sure above that. The new phones are coming out with 3.0amp charging to make it quicker to charge so those charges will make your battery inside your mod explode or leak. This relates only if you have a mod with the micro usb plug on it, just like on all the android phones out there(99% of mods now have this feature). So you can use your phone charger to charge your mod. It normally takes longer fyi, but tbh I do it all the time. And I've got a Nightcore Intelicharger NewI4 that I bought for my 3 batteries in my ThinkVape Finder 250 and 1 battery in my Coilmaster coil tester. But you know what???? It was a waste of money! I 99% of the time just use my Samsung Galaxy 7, 2.0a, charger to charge both my of my mods. My other mod is a Sigelei Just look up what you amperage you can use on your mod, that's the A sign on your charger in all that fine print on there, will say something like 2.0A, 1.5a, 1.0A, or some shit like that.
I also tried to build my own coils and payed about $200 for all the shit, and it was a waste of money as well. All that shit is just sitting here collecting dust! Could never get the damn thing to not taste like a burnt sock! No matter what I did. So the hell with all that jazz, besides I don't have time to be messing around for 1hr trying to build a coil or even pre built ones take 30 minutes or so. So don't get an RTA, RDA, or anything you have to build on. It ain't gonna work for you right away. Stick to the basics and get one of the Tobeco Super tanks. There are 3 of them and they use the same coils which are great and last the longest! So that's a win, win situation cause you don't wanna have to change your coil every couple of days. It sucks, and it's messy. It's kinda like changing your guitar strings, yes they will sound better, but damnit it's a pain in the ass and you don't wanna do it! Well these coils taste great and last almost as long as the old Vapresso CCell SS ceramic coils(they don't make them anymore as they had cotton in them). So you can get a Tobeco Super Tank coil to last about 2-3weeks. If late at night your coil stats to taste terrible and burnt where you can't smoke it so might as well go buy a pack of smokes kinda sitch. Take out the coil, and rinse it in the sink full blast hot watter, get out all the juice in there till it's clear and white again. Then hold a towel over the holes on sides so air can't get out, and blow all the water out of the end of the coil. Do that for about 3 minutes straight. Then let it dry out for 20min or place it by a heater or something to dry it out quicker. Then you should be good to go, for about 5-7 more days, maybe longer!
1. Tobeco 25mm Super Tank 5ml capacity
2. Tobeco Super Tank 4.5ml capacity
3. Tobeco Mini Super Tank 4ml capacity

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I would get a charger that knows to stop charging when 4.2v. Nitecore, Xtar, efest LUC, etc. Depending on where bought, maybe starting around $15.

Batteries should be married pair. Sony, Samsung, or LG from a reputable source, so they are authentic. Something around 20a each.

Lots of tank options for $25 give or take. Smok Baby Beast or Big Baby Beast, Aspire Cleito, Tobeco Super Tank Mini to name a few. But the possibilities are many.

Just wish my cleito didn't leak, had to retire it :(

All of what Mikey above says is true. Get the charger. Batteries I suggest are the Samsung 30Q (pink) or the Sony VCT4, 5 or 6 (green).

None of my Clietos leak. The original, not the 120. They're the easiest to clean and assemble. I currently have four of them open. I still have 2 more for backups. How did you clean it, Clieto? The reason why you should keep your batteries "married" is to charge and discharge them at the same time. If you use one from one mod and one from another mod, the discharge rate will cause your Amps not to be in harmony, for lack of a better term, and your mod could cause you problems.

The Tobeco Super Mini Tank is what I started with and still use to this day. Great flavor and vapor production. Stay at a .50 coil if you intend on vaping sub-ohm (Direct Lung Inhale). The SMOK Baby Beast is a step up as it is a cloud chucker - more than the Tobeco. And the Clieto is amazing.

If you'e like to continue 'smoking' like a real stogie (Mouth to Lung), try a Kangertech AeroTank or Aspire Nautilus Mini or Nautilus X. They are low profile so you won't have a long tank on your mod. You won't get the juice capacity as some other tanks, but for now that's where to begin, IMHO.

The batteries are currently on sale for $5-$6 ea at:
http://www.illumn.com/18650-samsung-3000mah-inr18650-30q-high-discharge-flat-top.html
https://www.orbtronic.com/
https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-30q-18650-3000mah-15a-flat-top-battery/

Here's how to tell an authentic or fake VTC battery.

I hope this helps.
Trix

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just took it apart an cleaned with warm water an tissue. Same I would any other tank. It didn't leak all the time, just out of the airholes. Was actually my favourite tank for ages so if you have any tips they'd be appreciated :)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You say out of the 'air holes'. You either have juice leaking from you bottom o-ring or your carbing it (blowing out first before you inhale). From experience I ALWAYS make sure my bottom o-ring and seat are squeaky clean. Once assembled I've never had a leak.

Water alone won't clean your tank. For the trouble you're having I suggest a Ever Clear vodka bath for an hour. Rinse with purified water. Then, take isopropyl alcohol and clean the bottom o-ring with with clean hands or dustless rag. Take a Q-tip, pull some of the cotton up and iso the seat also. Let it dry and place the o-ring in the seat. Make sure that your glass has no residue of any kind. Push your glass over the o-ring and give it a tad of a twist. This will help seal it. I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.

Worse case, purchase another tank. But for all intents and purposes, you should really be fine with the Clieto. AND, you should have more than one tank, one mod, two batteries and one battery charger! Sales are crazy this weekend. Good luck, Skold. :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You say out of the 'air holes'. You either have juice leaking from you bottom o-ring or your carbing it (blowing out first before you inhale). From experience I ALWAYS make sure my bottom o-ring and seat are squeaky clean. Once assembled I've never had a leak.

Water alone won't clean your tank. For the trouble you're having I suggest a Ever Clear vodka bath for an hour. Rinse with purified water. Then, take isopropyl alcohol and clean the bottom o-ring with with clean hands or dustless rag. Take a Q-tip, pull some of the cotton up and iso the seat also. Let it dry and place the o-ring in the seat. Make sure that your glass has no residue of any kind. Push your glass over the o-ring and give it a tad of a twist. This will help seal it. I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't.

Worse case, purchase another tank. But for all intents and purposes, you should really be fine with the Clieto. AND, you should have more than one tank, one mod, two batteries and one battery charger! Sales are crazy this weekend. Good luck, Skold. :)
Thank you for the reply. Very helpful :)

VU Sponsors