Become a Patron!

Sigelei Fuchia 213 TC vs Segelei 213 TC - WTF is the difference?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read somewhere that the only difference is the more expensive one has the carbon fiber, everything else is the same.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read somewhere that the only difference is the more expensive one has the carbon fiber, everything else is the same.

I think the mod is over priced in the first place. The fuchai price seems far more reasonable.

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ae991d3958a45c4bcaa73b80f84c27d5.jpg

Not totally sure but bought 3 Sigelei 213 and works great. I find it just as accurate as my DNA mods. Light form factor, lasts almost as long as my 3 battery Rilo mods and just easy to carry around whereever.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't use tc however the issue you are talking about is the TCR mode. It does work but you have to use the numbers at the Sigelei website. Sigelei changed their system from Celsius to Fahrenheit. So the numbers people are used to are calculated in Celsius the chip Sigelei uses changed it to Fahrenheit saying it is more accurate than Celsius. They just didn't program the right numbers in so at their website site they have the calculator or whatever they have to give you what number you need in TCR mode. To my understanding nobody has any problem in standard TC mode. Most people will use standard TC mode. I think TCR is for more the advanced builder temp user.

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape heathen did a third video explaining this. Standard TC and everything outside of TCR works perfectly. You have a simple temp coil it will work as advertised. Yes it is a pain in the ass to do that but if I remember correctly vape heathen did say the sigelei Fuchia 213 will have that fix.

I don't use Temple coils as standard Kenthal works great for me so I have no reason to use TCR myself.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a chance to hold the 213 a couple of times and it is really nice. If there is a killer Memorial day sale I will probably pick one up.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't use tc however the issue you are talking about is the TCR mode. It does work but you have to use the numbers at the Sigelei website. Sigelei changed their system from Celsius to Fahrenheit. So the numbers people are used to are calculated in Celsius the chip Sigelei uses changed it to Fahrenheit saying it is more accurate than Celsius. They just didn't program the right numbers in so at their website site they have the calculator or whatever they have to give you what number you need in TCR mode. To my understanding nobody has any problem in standard TC mode. Most people will use standard TC mode. I think TCR is for more the advanced builder temp user.

Exactly why I refuse to buy a mod that's not upgradeable. Sig could have fixed this easy if they could only pull their head out their ass and start putting in upgradeable boards. They haven't made a decent mod since the Sig 150tc. Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If lets say your are using Ni200, set the 213 to Ni200 and fire, all the correct values are placed in TCR and TFR. Sigelei shows at their TCR tool .00333 for Ni, the mods populates TCR at .0033.
I e-mailed Sigelei about the conversion of .00333 to 0.0000, hereis their reply.

对您的留言:
Sigelei 213 In TCR you show for Ni200 .00333. On the 213 there are only four available number slots. What is the conversion from 0.00000 to 0.0000.

店主作了如下回复:
Hi XXXXX, Sigelei 213, you can vape with Ni200 with device directly, we have this coil settings in device, you no need to input the TCR digitals. by the way, once you use one new tc coil, just input the TCR or TFR right correspondance 4 digitals after the decimal point. it is ok for us to achieve the tc function with that material correctly.

您可以随时回到店中和店主继续沟通。
SIGELEI
2016-05-23

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ae991d3958a45c4bcaa73b80f84c27d5.jpg

Not totally sure but bought 3 Sigelei 213 and works great. I find it just as accurate as my DNA mods. Light form factor, lasts almost as long as my 3 battery Rilo mods and just easy to carry around whereever.

Over dripped?

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fuchai 213 is an improved version
And cheaper..

VAPE ON

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really doesn't matter anymore about mods being able to be upgraded. After August 8th even the firmware updates will cost a lot of money because each update has to be approved by the FDA. They will not have the money to waste on updates when they have to conserve for the legislation fight ahead. So anybody who still only buying mods because of software updates get used to not any coming out after August 8th.

The problem is with TCR and it is relatively a small issue. The device works great, feels great in the hand and IMO worth every penny.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really doesn't matter anymore about mods being able to be upgraded. After August 8th even the firmware updates will cost a lot of money because each update has to be approved by the FDA. They will not have the money to waste on updates when they have to conserve for the legislation fight ahead. So anybody who still only buying mods because of software updates get used to not any coming out after August 8th.

The problem is with TCR and it is relatively a small issue. The device works great, feels great in the hand and IMO worth every penny.

I agree, but the fact is Sigelei has issued a statement, telling all the difference, the chip and accuracy.
The FDA thing, tied up for years with litigation in the Federal courts, many law suites filed!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

That's fine if there are no upgrades after August but what about now???

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really isn't a big issue since the feature isn't broken. Look up the values at their site and works just good. Is it a pain yes but if you are a user who uses TCR and find it a problem then obviously not a mod for you. If you are like most people who are like what is TCR, then you wouldn't notice anything.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not so much a problem as it is really not what I expect to get value wise for a mod at that price. But hey, everyone has a different perspective of value. Bottom line is I'm not a buyer at the current price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

rice721

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
iPV 6 is coming out. same form factor as the sig213/fuchai 213, 2mm thinner uses 2 18650 batteries, fires up to 200W.

With the whole sig213 fiasco, I'm done with sigelei.

and the difference is 40bucks + a TCR that does not require workarounds.

You can be theres no firmware upgrading for any sigelei products (nor ipv's so I've heard).

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
iPV 6 is coming out. same form factor as the sig213/fuchai 213, 2mm thinner uses 2 18650 batteries, fires up to 200W.

With the whole sig213 fiasco, I'm done with sigelei.

and the difference is 40bucks + a TCR that does not require workarounds.

You can be theres no firmware upgrading for any sigelei products (nor ipv's so I've heard).
Well most IPV's are upgradeable. Whether or not P4Y chooses to make upgrades available is another story. I'm not arguing with you, I agree that they (P4Y) haven't been known to support their mods with updates.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Against my better judgement I just preordered 2 Fuchai 213. Ecig.com had them at a great price with 2 batteries. I normally wouldn't order a mod like this but I want to see what all the hype is about. I basically got 2 mods and 4 batteries for the price most people paid for the original 213. With that kind of deal I can do without the carbon fiber.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The new version went back to tcr being in Celsius so it should work like all the other tc mods.

VU Sponsors