Become a Patron!

Sigelei Mini 30w chip confusion

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So this one just popped up on my radar. Looks like it could be pretty solid. And the fact it comes with a silicone sleeve is a plus too. But there seems to be some confusion about the chip. Some places are stating that it has a YiHi SX 130 chip. The same one used in the IPV Mini 30w. But Sigelei states it is their own in-house chip. But some people that have them in hand said there is a way to tell what chip is in it and it does in fact have the YiHi chip.

Thoughts???

I just ordered an IPV Mini 30w but want to get another small box to add to the fleet. Not messing with Cloupor and the M50/M65 is not of interest to me anymore.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I for one am quite happy all these small boxes are coming out. Looks like the sigelei mini will be under $50, which is a borderline impulse purchase for me (that being less than what I spent on cigs in a week 2 years ago when I quit, so I try not to sweat anything under $50 that is keeping me off them). The chip on a device doesn't make too much of difference to me in this price range as long as it performs. You double the price and I am going to start doing a lot more questioning before shelling out my money. I recently bought the m50 and have no real problems with it (I do understand peoples gripes with it, but for me it works without complaint). I love the super smallness of the cloupor mini, but will also not be messing with that after some of the warnings I've read - really wish I was technically / mechanically adept because I would buy one and put in a DNA40 board, that'd be pretty sweet! Since I have not had any issues with the m50 yet, their upcoming m80 will be getting some serious consideration from me (built in 4400mah, same with the istick 50w, sounds real good to me - one device lasting all day, at various wattages, with power left over just in case).

buildGenius

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is an accidental post, not quite sure how to delete it. Mod/admin?

VU Sponsors