Become a Patron!

Single coil RTA recommendations

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hey all back again as usual atomizer recommendations. Looking for a good, moderately priced, single coil RTA that is in the RDL to DL range. I currently have the Augvape Druga and the Aromamizer Supreme V3 and I like them both, but as all of us here know we are all always looking for new gear!

What ones could you recommend whether it be a new product or something older that is an absolute must have. You guys haven't steered me wrong yet, so hit me with some more sage advice! Thanks in advance to any and all replies.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Is it a flavor banger? idk
Personally like the design though including the no bubble 5ml.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Do you have a squonker?
You know it bud and I think I know where you’re going with that one. You love the Damn Vape Mongrel and so do I. Am I right? Anyway I just bought the OG Kylin Mini and OFRF Gear and the OBS Crius from wetvapes.com. Hell of a deal and I’m pretty sure the first two are bangers, not sure about the Crius though but anyway.

Still open to more suggestions though!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You know it bud and I think I know where you’re going with that one. You love the Damn Vape Mongrel and so do I. Am I right? Anyway I just bought the OG Kylin Mini and OFRF Gear and the OBS Crius from wetvapes.com. Hell of a deal and I’m pretty sure the first two are bangers, not sure about the Crius though but anyway.

Still open to more suggestions though!
Which Cruis? Crius ll single coil? (probably) iirr they didnt make a bubble for more capacity but Kylin Mini's fits, the og one, not aftermarket glass.
I have one to sell. It's fantastic really. I was going to mention it and thought, naw, he wants something newer lol

Kylin Mini - Scrumptious. Wicking it's an individually learned ritual. Almost have to take classes :D

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Which Cruis? Crius ll single coil? (probably) iirr they didnt make a bubble for more capacity but Kylin Mini's fits, the og one, not aftermarket glass.
I have one to sell. It's fantastic really. I was going to mention it and thought, naw, he wants something newer lol

Kylin Mini - Scrumptious. Wicking it's an individually learned ritual. Almost have to take classes :D
It’s actually the first Crius which is dual coil. Thought it was single but it was $3 so I said what the heck. Also the Kylin was only $6, but the Gear was $34. Anyway, I like older gear because it’s what you hear the most about, so it has a proven track record. Also, finding some of the older stuff can be like searching for the holy grail, which is challenging but fun.

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
So I received the three RTAs I ordered today and I wanted to give a quick update on what I think so far.

The OFRF Gear has the best flavor, very easy to build, and pretty good construction. The Kylin Mini seems to have the best construction, very easy to build, and has decent flavor. The Crius is the most difficult to build on, has decent flavor, and is fairly well built.

Now keep in mind that these are only first impressions and I’m sure I can squeeze more performance out of all of them with some minor adjustments, i.e. the Crius came with premade standard round wire coils and I imagine some claptons could take it up a notch.

Anyway, maybe @Vape Fan could give me some pointers on the Kylin Mini to get some better performance. I think I cut the coil legs too short. I also think I cut the wicks a bit short but it’s wicking well.

Chime in with any suggestions!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've mounted it low and got great results. Can move it up a tad, like 3mm off the bottom. Not very tight in the coil. And can seem to wick well, but if a tiny bit to much in that cutout can choke it.

Try starting a bit higher, and a bit looser wick everywhere. Fluff it good for the channel and let the swell from wetness help take up space. Make sure it all in the channels. Once juiced, if you can put the flat part of, say your tweezers, and it only slightly pushes the soaked wick back a littte bit, then that's what I do at least. If it starts to leak/seep then a bit more in cutouts. when I say little or bit on wick, I mean a tiny bit. The wick can touch the bottom of the channel.

It's one that what works for one might not work for another, power, how hard the draw is....

Hope that helps. There's a thread on it I'll find for ya...

• Love
Reactions: STX

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'd be hard pressed to recommend an RTA that's better than the SC Aromamizer V3. Maybe the OG Augvape Boreas if you ever stumble across one.

I didn't like the Gear much. Every time I turned around I was having to refill it. Decent flavor though.

Reactions: STX

STX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'd be hard pressed to recommend an RTA that's better than the SC Aromamizer V3. Maybe the OG Augvape Boreas if you ever stumble across one.

I didn't like the Gear much. Every time I turned around I was having to refill it. Decent flavor though.
I have the Aromamizer V3 I seem to have trouble wicking it properly but I will give it another go. I also am getting an OBS engine nano tank today, so I’m excited to try that. I’ll report back later and let you guys know how it is.

I looked into the Boreas and it’s still available so I might pick that up next. My favorite tank though is my Fatality M25; nothing seems to be able to come close to it!!!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have the Aromamizer V3 I seem to have trouble wicking it properly but I will give it another go. I also am getting an OBS engine nano tank today, so I’m excited to try that. I’ll report back later and let you guys know how it is.

I looked into the Boreas and it’s still available so I might pick that up next. My favorite tank though is my Fatality M25; nothing seems to be able to come close to it!!!

I liked the Engine Nano a lot. Unfortunately I broke the glass in mine and don't have a replacement.

There are at least two versions of the Boreas, and V2 doesn't hold a candle to V1. The V1s haven't been in the market for years - the only reason I have them is the Hardware thread here at VU.

I don't remember doing anything special to the Aromamizer wicking - if I knew a secret, I'd surely share. Good luck!

Hop2jr1970

Member For 4 Years
Nadalama I happen to have 4 spare tanks for the OBS nano engine I stocked up on them when I was breaking mine all the time. Could part with one if you want pm me. Sorry STX not trying to hijack your thread.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors