Become a Patron!

Site keeps telling me I'm blocked

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trying to figure out why I keep getting a pop-up telling me I am blocked. I just registered and verified.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Greetings and welcome!

The site sometimes does that for a couple of reasons.

If you go over the word limit. Don't know the exact limit but it is lots.

Or a Glitch.

Try signing out of the forum and then close the tab you are in.

Then open a new tab and sign in again.

Hopefully that will fix it.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for the quick response. It seems to be working now. I was typing a newbie thread and I got a pop up telling me to email the site admin, but I couldn't find an email anywhere to send to. After I posted here, I went back and finished my original post with no problems.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for moving the thread @Whiskey. It gave me the same error when I tried to post it here, so I was looking for something I could do.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just saw this error too while adding to a post that I hadn't posted yet. For a split second I thought I was on that other site, then quickly followed by "WTF?!".

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still having a few issues, nothing I can't work around though. More than half the time, I have to refresh a page to be able to post. I can quote someone but nothing will happen, and I can't even type in the box without refreshing. Also, the VU logo covers up the "new posts" button unless I turn my phone sideways and refresh the page. It's an iPhone 5s if that matters. I don't use the tapatalk app, I've been told too many times that it opens both your phone and the site up to hacking.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
BTW, I am on an Ethernet wired PC using Firefox, if that helps any.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've started getting the same error again lately - didn't this surface just before/after the Great Outage of 2015?

Last time this topic surfaced, members were advised to try to keep only one VU tab open at once - multiple open browser tabs ping the server and can be mistaken for a DDOS attack or something similar, I recall being told. The only problems I've had lately have been related to/remedied by closing multiple simultaneous pageviews. Kind of a pain when I'm using one tab to respond to a thread and another to search for a relevant link to include in my reply, but not nearly as prevalent as the problem was before...

RooRoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got banned twice while typing a reply, a third hitting post reply. Logged out, Logged in, works again.

VU Sponsors