Become a Patron!

sizzle afterwards

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a mech mod at .4 or so. It's a dual 6 wrap of 26g. It's a spaced coil right now mounted on a magma. After I let off the button, the coil continues to sizzle for 1 - 2 seconds. It's annoying. Usually I use a 5 wrap, but I've rebuilt this many times trying to solve my problem. I built the same coil on my tobh and my magma with both micro and spaced coils but I can't fix my problem. I've wicked with cotton and rayon both loose and tight and I get the same problem. What could possibly be causing this? I've also used a different mod thinking that perhaps that was my problem. No dice. Any thoughts?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When you turn off the burner on an electric stove, it takes a little bit for the coils to cool off. What makes you think the coils in your atty are different?

When you cut off the current, the coil is still hot for a few seconds.

With my mechs, I hit the button but do not draw until I hear the sizzle. Then when I let off the button, I continue to inhale for a few seconds.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do the same thing freemind does, i warm it up first then draw longer to cool her down.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try building with 28ga,heats a bit quicker than 26 and cools quicker. I timed a build once with 22ga and it glowed for 4 seconds after i let off the fire button. Whats happening on your magma is nothing unusual.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't normally happen with the same kanthal and same builds on the same rdas. Oh well, I'll figure it out. I'm no rookie.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This "veteran" stuffed the wick too tight many times in a row. Problem solved.

Sometimes I wish I was a rookie so I could do it all over again and buy the right stuff the first time.

VU Sponsors