Become a Patron!

Slug Short

Diesel Weasel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just had my slug clone short. I picked it up and undid the lock screw and tried to take a puff. Nothing. I held my Kayfun (1.5 ohm, 26g A1) up to my ear and pulled the trigger and suddenly the brass got super hot and my eyes were burning. I ripped the battery screw out as fast as I could and threw the battery. The delrin and pin flew out with it. The delrin was completely melted. My battery (VTC4 I've been using for awhile) was really hot but looks just like it did before. I'm scared and shaken up. I just used my slug today with no problems. I've wanted a slug forever and only just got it last week. The Kayfun is fine, no problems when I put it on my VaporShark. I never go below .5 ohms. My Kayfun was nowhere near that.
I'm worried about my battery. I'm worried my Slug is FUBAR. I have no idea where to get a new pin and delrin.
I have no idea why this happened. I baby the hell out of my gear. I'm so upset right now. My boyfriend had no idea what was going on, I was freaking out. Worst I've ever had happen is a coil blew and I choked.

Here's my pin and insulator...
e6937971b4160b6ab0406318ac8c79f6.jpg

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you had a dead short for sure and I'm glad your battery didn't go thermal. The same thing happened to me on a 4nine mod but the problem was the tank I screwed onto it had a positive pin that was flush with the outer threads so when I fired it, it got hotter than a bitch. It dead shorted and it smoked my vtc5. I did the same thing, opened it real quick and tossed the hot ass battery across the room. 15 min later I tested the battery and it read 0.o volts....wasted but instead of melting the pin ( because there is no positive pin on a 4nine ) it magnetized both magnets so now no matter how I put it together it wont repel and work. I'm wondering how you dead shorted the slug though....I'd like to see the mod. and also Was the center post on your kayfun sticking out or was it flush ir even possibly counter sunk?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just did a googlefu search for slug parts and came up with squat sadly...measure your delrin and your pin...you might be able to cut and press another delrin ring from like a nemesis or something and use a pin from a manhattan....depending on how much you paid you might have to save up for another one I am sorry to say. But I did find a website that does custom pins and vaping walrus has a "submit your part" form and both sites sell a slug clone. Maybe it's worth emailing them to see the price and way out what would be cheaper in the long run. Maybe the vendor that sold you the mod can help as well...I'll link the 2 sites below. I am sorry your mod shorted out. Best wishes and good luck :)

https://www.vapingwalrus.com/parts/part-request-form
http://rbavapor.com/xcart/contact_pins

VU Sponsors