Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was a bit surprised, yet pleased to get this email. I feel like the high watt craze could use a little balance because a large portion of vape community does vape between 8-15W, like myself. It would have been nice if this Semovar V3 clone could have been upgraded to at least 20W, but at least Vamo/SVD/SID style lovers can get a little something new too. :)

http://vapingcheap.com/sm-semovar-v3-clone-tetris-edition/

KQHrnUG.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I like it a lot, except I'm not a big fan of single-button adjusting. Looks nifty though. :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So they've cloned my 300 dollar (full kit) and 200 dollar (Base Kit) Semovar huh ? Glad to see it.

It looks good with the Tetris thing going on. Im still using both of my Semovars....as well as my new Isticks....my ProVari's....and my Vapor Sharks. All my Mechs are not getting used at the moment.

Ive spent alot of money on Vape gear over time just because I like getting new things every once an a while. I think if the truth be known, most Vapors world wide wont go over 15 to 20 watts...... like .....Ever.

The istick sales have proved that.

I was so exited to get each of my mods at the time I got them....I think they may have cloned this one a little too late......for me anyway, but I would buy one over the Vamo and SVD just for the looks. ....If I were in the market.

The big difference in the original Semovar is that convenient "easy to replace" chipset if your goes bad. I wonder if this one will have a similar capability.

Time will tell.

Good find. Thanks Nikkita.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I like it a lot, except I'm not a big fan of single-button adjusting. Looks nifty though. :)

Yes, I have always been turned off by one button menu systems however, I am definitely intrigued by the clone. I am also surprised that China managed to get their hands on the Tetris Edition which was never released in the US. Full extended kit comes standard so that is a major plus.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So they've cloned my 300 dollar (full kit) and 200 dollar (Base Kit) Semovar huh ? Glad to see it.

It looks good with the Tetris thing going on. Im still using both of my Semovars....as well as my new Isticks....my ProVari's....and my Vapor Sharks. All my Mechs are not getting used at the moment.

Ive spent alot of money on Vape gear over time just because I like getting new things every once an a while. I think if the truth be known, most Vapors world wide wont go over 15 to 20 watts...... like .....Ever.

I was so exited to get each of my mods at the time I got them....I think they may have cloned this one a little too late......for me anyway, but I would buy one over the Vamo and SVD just for the looks. ....If I were in the market.

The big difference in the original Semovar is that convenient "easy to replace" chipset if your goes bad. I wonder if this one will have a similar capability.

Time will tell.

Hello my dear .. Not surprised to see you here because I read so many of your posts in the Semovar thread on ECF while I was researching :) This clone is a bit late to the market however, being that the Tetris Edition was never made available for sale in the US kind of brings some of the intrigue back.

And I agree about the 15-20W .. I have a Cloupor T6 100W coming for review and while I will test the 100W capacity, in real life I will never vape any where near that ... ever. I have two ZNA clones sitting next to me with one set to 15W and the other 14.5W.

According to Limwell they have clone the chip to be identical to Nivel in function, they even sent me the PDF to the authentic Semovar manual for me to get familiar with the functions :p If they do a good job with cloning it I think it will do well in the market.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello my dear .. Not surprised to see you here because I read so many of your posts in the Semovar thread on ECF while I was researching :) This clone is a bit late to the market however, being that the Tetris Edition was never made available for sale in the US kind of brings some of the intrigue back.

And I agree about the 15-20W .. I have a Cloupor T6 100W coming for review and while I will test the 100W capacity, in real life I will never vape any where near that ... ever. I have two ZNA clones sitting next to me with one set to 15W and the other 14.5W.

According to Limwell they have clone the chip to be identical to Nivel in function, they even sent me the PDF to the authentic Semovar manual for me to get familiar with the functions :p If they do a good job with cloning it I think it will do well in the market.

Where that clone would really take off is if they make that chip a 30, 50, 100 watt thing and if it's the same specs then their chip would be interchangeable with the old Semovar as well as an " add on item " that we could buy after the fact. That would put more money in their pockets, and have an already made market for the ones that are already out there.

I bet half the owners of the original semovar would buy a new click in chip that would sub ohm etc ....

Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Where that clone would really take off is if they make that chip a 30, 50, 100 watt thing and if it's the same specs then their chip would be interchangeable with the old Semovar as well as an " add on item " that we could buy after the fact. That would put more money in their pockets, and have an already made market for the ones that are already out there.

I bet half the owners of the original semovar would buy a new click in chip that would sub ohm etc ....

Just sayin.

I completely agree, in fact, when I first began speaking with Limwell and Psmoke I told them that if they would increase the wattage a bit on the chip for the Semovar clone that it would increase its market success. Initially they seemed very open to this advice however, in the end they stayed with the 15W chip.

I think this had more to do with production time and costs already spent on the first batch though, because they were really open to the idea. However, I would not be surprised if going forward we see that update on subsequent batches. I am fairly certain that you and I are not the only one's who think that increasing the wattage capabilities would equate to a bigger win. That being said, 15W means better battery life, and that is not a bad thing. :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Time will tell.

I think if the truth be known, most Vapors world wide wont go over 15 to 20 watts...... like .....Ever.

Agree 100% but the mega watt mods do attract a lot of attention and cause preorder mayhem everytime one comes up , doesn't make much sense to me.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, a big shout out to Nikkita because she is amazing and on top of new stuff before anyone seems to have a clue , well done .

I also happen to think her opinions are dead on so bravo for that as well lol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well .. here is what she looks like :) Received it on Friday, haven't used it yet, only checked to make sure that all of the battery tubes and cap fit.

f411yQl.jpg

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nikkita,

You wouldn't happen to have one of those inline voltage testers do you?
If it's a unregulated PWM mod then the readings will jump all over the place - if it's filtered then you should get a proper reading from it.

I wouldn't mind one of these but I'd rather eat my own legs if it's a 33.3hz mod.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Nikkita,

You wouldn't happen to have one of those inline voltage testers do you?
If it's a unregulated PWM mod then the readings will jump all over the place - if it's filtered then you should get a proper reading from it.

I wouldn't mind one of these but I'd rather eat my own legs if it's a 33.3hz mod.

I do have inline voltage meter, and when I finally get around to using this one I will let you know if its PWM .. Its funny how I was so excited to get this and I have had for 1 1/2 weeks and I haven't touched it yet. :p

I will try to test it out today and let you know dear :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Also, a big shout out to Nikkita because she is amazing and on top of new stuff before anyone seems to have a clue , well done .

I also happen to think her opinions are dead on so bravo for that as well lol.
Oh Thank you hun, don't know how I missed this comment ... You are such a doll, and I am a VH Fan :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Anson The Semovar is not pulse width modulated, it is a flat DC signal .. I used an inline meter and GP Heron clone at 1.5ohms set to 12W and I received a flat and clear 4.24v output. The one button menu takes some getting used to, but I am getting the hang of it. The overall quality is better than average, but the top cap threads are very dirty and need to be cleaned.

w1555Bm.jpg

Some pics of the Semovar clone set up in 18490 mode with a Rose V2 stumpy kit .. the review will coming .. eventually :p

7sDORTH.png

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Anson The Semovar is not pulse width modulated, it is a flat DC signal .. I used an inline meter and GP Heron clone at 1.5ohms set to 12W and I received a flat and clear 4.24v output. The one button menu takes some getting used to, but I am getting the hang of it. The overall quality is better than average, but the top cap threads are very dirty and need to be cleaned.

w1555Bm.jpg

Some pics of the Semovar clone set up in 18490 mode with a Rose V2 stumpy kit .. the review will coming .. eventually :p

7sDORTH.png

Even though i like box mods better anything that has a flat DC signal is a plus in my book.

Anson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Nikkita,

wow these may be worth getting as it's apparent they've done a really great job in cloning the Nivel chip - 1.5 ohm @ 12 watts specifically gives you 4.24 volts - not 4.25 but 4.24. The .1 indicates this is very accurate - on the money accurate.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Nikkita,

wow these may be worth getting as it's apparent they've done a really great job in cloning the Nivel chip - 1.5 ohm @ 12 watts specifically gives you 4.24 volts - not 4.25 but 4.24. The .1 indicates this is very accurate - on the money accurate.

You know, Limwell/Psmoke make good quality products, so I had expected this clone to be up to snuff .. so far it is. I just started it using it yesterday, and I am pretty preoccupied with the Zero at the moment, but the Semovar V3 clone is nice. I really like that it has the three battery tubes, and I will be using it in 350 mode most of the time. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I do have inline voltage meter, and when I finally get around to using this one I will let you know if its PWM .. Its funny how I was so excited to get this and I have had for 1 1/2 weeks and I haven't touched it yet. :p

I will try to test it out today and let you know dear :)
You are as busy as you are SUPERAWESOME.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is scheduled to Be here tomorrow. I'm curious to use it side by side with my original Semo's . In the 18650 mode and a Kayfun 3.1 ES , you can use these as a metal police riot Batton. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Mine is scheduled to Be here tomorrow. I'm curious to use it side by side with my original Semo's . In the 18650 mode and a Kayfun 3.1 ES , you can use these as a metal police riot Batton. :)

Aha, so you pulled the trigger did ya? Ok Thunderball, I am counting on your honest and unbiased feedback since you own the authentic Semovar. I would love to hear your comparative finding on it, so pleasssssssssssssse report OK. :D

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, USPS held mine hostage or just sent it all over the US just for fun. I got it today.

This is absolutely rediculous. I prefer this one to my originals just for the Tetris design. The only difference is the clone does not have a copper 510 pin and the threads, while they are very good on the clone, are not as Buttery smooth as the original. The original you can almost spin the threads on with a flick of your fingers which had all of us old Provari owners back then going "Oooo and Ahhhhh". Other than that, with a quick going over and a quick vape, I would say they are identical. Even the read out and the feel of the clicky button.

Even the box is identical as is the Russian instruction sheet. Its almost like Svoemesto sent the chineese the specs/plans and a chip making machine with the nivel jig in it and said " here you go...sell the shit out of them and send us 10 bucks for evey one you sell.

Thumbs up if you want a cool looking three tube mod that used to have everyone jealous with Mod Envy.

Thanks for the heads up Nikkita.

By the way, whats your very favorite clone Mech Mod and why ? I know you try them all out. Im almost thinking the buttton ,makes the real difference in whats a good one vs a not so fun one.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well, USPS held mine hostage or just sent it all over the US just for fun. I got it today.

This is absolutely rediculous. I prefer this one to my originals just for the Tetris design. The only difference is the clone does not have a copper 510 pin and the threads, while they are very good on the clone, are not as Buttery smooth as the original. The original you can almost spin the threads on with a flick of your fingers which had all of us old Provari owners back then going "Oooo and Ahhhhh". Other than that, with a quick going over and a quick vape, I would say they are identical. Even the read out and the feel of the clicky button.

Even the box is identical as is the Russian instruction sheet. Its almost like Svoemesto sent the chineese the specs/plans and a chip making machine with the nivel jig in it and said " here you go...sell the shit out of them and send us 10 bucks for evey one you sell.

Thumbs up if you want a cool looking three tube mod that used to have everyone jealous with Mod Envy.

Thanks for the heads up Nikkita.

By the way, whats your very favorite clone Mech Mod and why ? I know you try them all out. Im almost thinking the buttton ,makes the real difference in whats a good one vs a not so fun one.

I agree about the threads, especially on the top caps. They are not bad, but they are not as smooth as I would have them .. Thank you so much for your feedback especially since you are Semovarian :D As far as the chip design/installation, I think Limwell did a bang up job. While I have never used the authentic, I don't get the sense that this is cheap or crappy chip.

The real bugger is remembering how many button clicks for which setting .. I had them memorized by the end of the first day of use, and then I forget them again. Still getting used to the one button system, my review will publish next Thursday. :) I hope it continues to work well for you, but if it doesn't please come back and post. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Thunderball .. Oh and my favorite mechanical clone is hands down the SXK Stingray X .. such an impressive 1:1, quality replication, great voltage drop, striking aesthetic. Great switch, but it does require cleaning to keep it smooth .. total win! Barring any manufacturers defects :p

VU Sponsors