Become a Patron!

Smok Alien batteries, and other questions

supersonictt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all,

I've been using the iStick Pico for 3 weeks now and I love it, the size what really matters to me that is why I got the Pico, and I am using LG HG2 batteries with it (will talk about it in a while).
I am thinking of getting the Smok Alien. I made a research and watched videos about other mods like the RX2/3, H-Priv and others, and I am still confused about whether to pick up a new mod or not:
1. The Alien seems to be the closest in size to the Pico (yes bigger but can be handled in one hand), what are the best batteries to be used with it? Will the LG HG2 handle it? The other option of batteries I can get is the AWR IMR 3.7V 3000MAH 40A. Are they good? I read some reviews about it saying that the rating of 40A is not accurate or something.
2. I like the Alien because of its screen and the info it displays, but I also like the uniform shape of buttons and a simple fire button like in the RX2/3. So between these 2, which one guys do you recommend?
3. The max puffs in Alien, could someone please confirm how it works? I mean if you set the max puffs to 200, now after 200 puffs will the mod shut down or what exactly?
4. With my Pico I use these 3 tanks: Melo 3 mini, Subtank Mini and Aspire Cleito. I doubt I would vape on a very high wattage or use other cloud chasing tanks, so do I really need the Alien in this case? Well, I understand that one advantage of the Alien is the dual battery which will last longer in my day.

I know it is a long post but thank you guys and all answers and helps would be greatly appreciated :)

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've asked the same question about the batteries and people have told me that with the HG2's you shouldn't go over 120 watts with it. as to the other I don't know yet because I'm getting mine when I get paid in a week. :)

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay. Just got the Alien today. With the max puffs, when you reach ylur specified number, it will not fire unless you reset the counter in the menu. However, you can set the max puffs to "never", and puff away until you decide you don't want to.

supersonictt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys for the replies.
Regarding the batteries, yes the HG2 can go up to 124 to be specific according to DJLsb Vapes, and here comes the next question:
On the Pico, if I am using the Cleito tank with 0.4 coil, the recommended wattage is set to 40-60, if I put 50 watts, after a while of vaping it starts showing me "battery weak", I know this is normal as it is trying to draw around 4.5 volts, and the max when the battery is fully charged is 4.15, so when the battery is discharging it starts to show weak battery... now in the Alien this "weak battery" shouldn't pop up in the same situation (drawing 4.5 volts for the Cleito) because the minimum volts for the 2 batteries in series is 6.2 (saying that the minimum the battery can reach is 3.1), right? In other words, as long as the volts needed is under 6.2, "weak battery" message will never pop up. Right?

And for the puff counter, I really like this feature, and thanks a lot for explaining how it works. So just to make sure I got it right: if I put the counter to 200 puffs, and I got to 200, the mod will stop firing even if I turn it off then back on? If yes, the only way to make it fire again is to reset the puff counter or set a new number if max puffs or set it to never, right?

Oh here is the chart from DJLsb Vapes about the batteries.

And thanks a lot guys for your input.Power-Battery-SheetChart-Final.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The 2 battery Alien will be fine at 50W and you will not see a "weak battery" unless you run the battery down. The HG2s should be fine. The puff counter I don't pay attention to, so there's no help I can lend there. It is bigger than the Pico, but if you're running 50W all day, you'll be happier with the extra battery life.

supersonictt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The 2 battery Alien will be fine at 50W and you will not see a "weak battery" unless you run the battery down. The HG2s should be fine. The puff counter I don't pay attention to, so there's no help I can lend there. It is bigger than the Pico, but if you're running 50W all day, you'll be happier with the extra battery life.
Thanks for the info.
So basically, Alien vs. Pico:
1. Bigger display with all info needed.
2. Puffs limit.
3. Two batteries.
What else?
Tanks? Yes the baby beast but it sucks juice and battery on high wattage.
What else?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AWR are rewraps, there are no 18650 batteries made higher than 30A period.
Stick with genuine Sony, Samsung or LG.

VU Sponsors