Become a Patron!

Smok Alien Version 2

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ecig has absolutely no info on it other than in stock in Blue/red for $70. Do you have a link to features? No idea what's different from v1, just bluetooth?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.smoktech.com/kit/alien-kit
SPECIFICATION OF TWO EDITIONS FOR ALIEN MOD
There are A and B two versions of Alien220 mod with the same function as for its improvement of MCU. Edition A will display V1.x.x (newest is V1.2.2) when powered on, while edition B will display VB1.x.x (newest is VB1.0.2). Please make sure the device version and download the corresponding version before firmware upgrading, for A and B version is totally different and cannot be employed universally. (You can brush up the device with the correct version if incorrect version is upgraded, and unmatched firmware upgrading is not recommended for potential risk)

rx7ven

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
how do i know the version that i'm buying is the "B" version. fasttech is currently running a deal for the smok alien kit but i dont know if its the old one or the version 2.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
how do i know the version that i'm buying is the "B" version. fasttech is currently running a deal for the smok alien kit but i dont know if its the old one or the version 2.
I just received one from FT and it is the new version. I did not buy the kit.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Two things....

1 I think SMOK is fucking this up. Now they will have a version 1 and 2, and they are not clearly marked as such. Mismatching firmware will fuck up the device, and people will be pissed. This is going to be a brand breaker. They HAD been hitting it out of the park lately with devices. Now they are going to piss a bunch of people off and build distrust for their brand.

2 WTF do you NEED Bluetooth on a vape device for? What purpose does it serve? Of the devices with it previously, it was nothing but a novelty that quickly was tossed aside. People just want to VAPE. Not fiddle fuck with their phone to vape. We already have enough shit draining the phones battery on a daily basis, we don't need another thing eating our juice.

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed. The only saving grace might be if the mismatch firmware simply wont update on the wrong device. I'm also not a fan of the new bundled tricks (bluetooth here and joystick on others).

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, exactly the point of my earlier post... just like the touch screens and wild displays, and even games [which is patently ridiculous in the age of smartphones], this is just a gimmick to sell more vapes.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whoa horsey. Let's hold off on judgment until we get more information. Change could be something innocuous like already having the newest firmware.
Bluetooh? Gonna be hard getting a bt board in such a small device.
The alien is a BIG hit. I doubt they are going to haphazardly f*ck it up.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it have Bluetooth?
No, mine does not have bluetooth as far as I am aware, looking on the SMOK website it seems there is two firmware revisions, not compatible with each device "A" and "B".

I saw a reddit post explaining the reason was due to a slightly different controller being used, which would make sense why the firmware revisions are not interchangeable, although this may not be true and could be speculation. There must be some difference though for the firmwares to be different.

EDIT: Mine was the kit version, and sent to me from Gearbest.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, mine does not have bluetooth as far as I am aware, looking on the SMOK website it seems there is two firmware revisions, not compatible with each device "A" and "B".

I saw a reddit post explaining the reason was due to a slightly different controller being used, which would make sense why the firmware revisions are not interchangeable, although this may not be true and could be speculation. There must be some difference though for the firmwares to be different.

EDIT: Mine was the kit version, and sent to me from Gearbest.
One other possible difference between the two, according to ecig customer support is a different finish and new colors.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One other possible difference between the two, according to ecig customer support is a different finish and new colors.
I can't remember where I heard that, but I also heard rumour that the finish is better on the 'B' version, with less incidents of paint flaking off.

I think there was a purple and black version wasn't there? I could be mistaken though. Mine is the black and gold version.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't remember where I heard that, but I also heard rumour that the finish is better on the 'B' version, with less incidents of paint flaking off.

I think there was a purple and black version wasn't there? I could be mistaken though. Mine is the black and gold version.
I looked at MVS site and they are showing black and purple and black and green versions,

I just got the B version mod only in black/gunmetal and you only know when you boot up it's B1.x. I never had the original it looks the same however the battery door stays firmly in place now (no more flappy bird) and the paint looks solid but I only just got it. No chipping where the tank has been resting. No software updates needed on this one works awesome. They're chucking in screen protectors also with these

VU Sponsors