Become a Patron!

Smok Cube 2 upgrade firmware problem

joshuab45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my cube 2 and I'm having a problem. I downloaded the upgrade tool when I hit the "check new version" tab it says "check new version". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I properly unzipped the install tool and got the mod connected properly... windows installed the driver. Also I am holding the fire key down the whole (like smok says), some of the time, or not at all! Nothing chages... wtf?

joshuab45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes. you cannot even make it sync with your pc is unless they'e removed. The app simply doesn't seem to work.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which version of the updater are you using? The older one, which allows you to select a file to flash to the device, or the one that you connect, and it automatically checks and updates?

I only found the older updater to work for me. Make sure the batteries are out, you are holding the fire button, and you have selected the correct file to flash the mod with. The process is pretty quick, and you may not of thought it to have worked until you check on the mod and see the firmware is updated.

joshuab45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which version of the updater are you using? The older one, which allows you to select a file to flash to the device, or the one that you connect, and it automatically checks and updates?

I only found the older updater to work for me. Make sure the batteries are out, you are holding the fire button, and you have selected the correct file to flash the mod with. The process is pretty quick, and you may not of thought it to have worked until you check on the mod and see the firmware is updated.

The newer one. How I can get the older updater? And how can I get the newest firmware to use with it?

VU Sponsors